PDA

View Full Version : Trims

Mexibeach
May 30th, 2011, 04:58 PM
How long has everyone gone between getting trims? Having just passed my one year anniversary, I'd like to try for 2 years and no trims. My hair hasn't "felt" like it's needed a trim and by just tying it up frequently and using coconut oil, it seems to be doing well. Has anyone gone at least 2 years with no trims?

jojo
May 30th, 2011, 10:18 PM
When my hair was first cut very short I went 2 years without trims but my hair was shorter and was able to go without. My hair is now past waist and the ends nearly 6 years old so no trims is not an option for me as my ends would break. Lots do go without trims and don't mind fairy tail ends but for me id rather sacrifice quantity for quality with 4 monthly dustings.

Theres nothing wrong with going without trims as long as you s&d regular. Good luck with your journey.

Mexibeach
May 31st, 2011, 09:03 AM
Awesome! I'd like to get back to BSL before I trim and that's likely another year from now. I know when I was at BSL I would feel my hair get dryer or whatnot when I knew I needed a trim. And I am hoping I can trim myself by the time I need to trim.

spidermom
May 31st, 2011, 09:05 AM
When I go without trims, my ends get into bad condition, and I end up cutting more than I would have if I had kept up with regular small trims. But that's my hair. Yours may do better.

elbow chic
May 31st, 2011, 09:10 AM
Not yet, but I'm trying. ;) I'm at about 16 months with no trimming. My ends are just now starting to make me a little twitchy.

There are still no splits but they are starting to feel a bit rough. They are ok after I've clarified and conditioned but they are requiring more effort to look nice than they did even two months ago.

But I've gained quite a bit of length this way, and it was a good way to break the scissor-happy tendencies I had at shoulder-APL.

Roscata
June 5th, 2011, 11:08 AM
If I were you I'd check out this thread: No trimming club! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132&highlight=trimming+club) :D

SpeakingEZ
June 5th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I think I would trim just whenever it felt like it needed it, no set routine. I'm in a No Trims in 2011 club right now, though, to get back into the "trims are unnecessary" mindset I was in before LHC.

ETA: Before I started damaging my hair, I used to go years and years without trims. My record was somewhere around 6 years. But then I took a straightener to it and I had to start trimming almost every month.