PDA

View Full Version : Want to hair-type me? :P

agoddess2die4
May 30th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Decided to ask expert opinion on what hair type I have because it can be very different textured depending on brushing (which I only really do before showering or on the rare straightening occasion) and styling products.

Here is the back of my head, dried natural with no brushing or anything:
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr47/a0goddess2die4/010.jpg

Here is the front of it the same way:
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr47/a0goddess2die4/011.jpg

Those lead me to think I was 1c, maybe 2a, but my curly hair friend put some stuff in my hair at the beach last year because it was so fuzzy and unruly and I discovered actual curls in my hair, especially in the front. This is my hair with some mousse in it:
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr47/a0goddess2die4/PA290015.jpg

So, what do you all think? Do you type your hair when natural or when styled or a mix of both?

Mesmerise
May 30th, 2011, 03:42 PM
You should type your hair when it is natural, but that doesn't mean you can't get it to look straighter or curlier depending on what you do with it! I would say you are at the least a 2a, possibly a 2b (probably more a combination of the two...the back looks 2a and the curlier bits around the front look 2b).

monsterna
May 30th, 2011, 03:43 PM
You should type it completely natural. Wouldn't make much sense to do it the other way. I could be 3c if you use the curling iron right. :)

I'd say you are 2a!

agoddess2die4
May 30th, 2011, 03:49 PM
You should type it completely natural. Wouldn't make much sense to do it the other way. I could be 3c if you use the curling iron right. :)

I'd say you are 2a!

True. I can have some crazy curls with curling iron, super insane with leave in curler. But I was just thinking of styling with mousse because that seems to take parts of my hair from fuzzy waves to actual curls and I was like :bigeyes: "where did those come from?" My friend thought it was hilarious.

Regan
May 30th, 2011, 04:26 PM
i was guessing 2a, also. very pretty

lapushka
May 30th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Going with 2a.

agoddess2die4
May 30th, 2011, 11:23 PM
We have a consensus! I seem to be a solid 2a. I wonder if that would change as it gets longer though. The waves don't really start to form until my hair is beyond my shoulders except in the front (when it's shoulder length or shorter it actually looks straight). I may re-type myself when my hair gets down to my goal of waist and see if I've changed anymore. It's also been getting wavier and wavier as it gets healthier too, helped to keep me from dying it again (I've gone since September 2009!). :D

Roscata
June 5th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I'd say 2a/2b Beautiful hair by the way. :D

jojo
June 5th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Your 2nd photo is the exact same as mine when I manage not to touch it when its drying, so your my type :D

allnight avenue
June 5th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Your hair looks like mine! I guess I'm definitely a 2a, then...I was not sure before. :D

MissManda
June 5th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I'm going with 2b. :) Your hair has such nice body and thickness. :flower:

pepperminttea
June 5th, 2011, 01:20 PM
2a, I think. It looks like mine did when it was shorter. :)