PDA

View Full Version : updos that hide color regrowth?

Elainehali
May 30th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Hello forum. My history is that I got tired of the upkeep for henna-ed hair. I wanted to go back to my natural color so I stopped using henna for close to a year. Had it bleached twice, and now it's very close to the color it grows in. Obviously I lost a lot of length. I went from hip to collar bone length.

Question is: Now I have some roots growing in a light ash brown color. Do you know any updos that will hide two-toned hair?

My goal is now all natural colored hair. Length isn't really my "thing" right now. Ultimately I would like waist length all natural hair. but I know that's YEARS into the future. =D

Elainehali
May 30th, 2011, 02:59 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d112/elainehali/2011-05-30_145142.jpg

As you can see it's not long. The roots are very close in color everywhere except in the front where they are much darker for some reason. :confused: I have a dark spot or something...

KittyLost
May 30th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Glad to see you are back! I remember you left for a while after cutting your hair from hip to layered BSL. I'm a fan of your hair and updos :)

Now to actually help you, my goal is also natural light ash brown waist length hair. I find french braids work well with a few inches of roots. It pulls it all back so that your natural is visible from the front and since your hair is only at collarbone the braid will eat up a lot of length colour. Also at such a short length if you twist and pin pieces to the back of your head so it kind of looks like a messy bun.

Your colour matches up quite well judging by the picture so you could probably just pass it off as naturally lightening anyway.

spidermom
May 30th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Braid some ribbons into your hair. Ribbons of color are beautiful in braids.

irisheyes
May 31st, 2011, 12:44 AM
French braids should work very well. As it grows longer, the Gibson tuck and sock bun styles will hide regrowth also.

Night_Kitten
May 31st, 2011, 01:56 AM
I second (third?) french or duch braids and twists - they create a light-shadow effect and can hide diferences between the roots and the length.

When i grew out red dye, I liked doing a medium-height (back of head) ponytale with all the hair pulled back, that created a cool effect of changing color somewhere in the middle between the roots and the ponytale :)
But my demarcation line was very visible, so that might not look the same when the colors are similar... It might blend them into each other though, so I'd say it's worth a try

jojo
May 31st, 2011, 03:19 PM
I think it looks really even and natural. Roots are always darker until the sun has got to them, your hair looks really good.