PDA

View Full Version : layers and trimming

newbeginning
May 30th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I currently have layers and I'd like to grow my hair longer yet keep layers. I also want to do a S and D to help with splits. What is the best way to go about this? I don't think I could trust myself to cut my own hair but I would be fine doing a S and D myself. Also how often should I get a haircut (e.g. so the layers still look nice)? Sorry for all the questions....I'm still pretty new.

battles
May 30th, 2011, 02:54 PM
I've forgotten who and where, but someone posted this and I favorited it. Maybe this will help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cipgwKqX7UM&feature=feedf

Sorry to whoever posted it! >.< My memory is awful!

Edit: Found it! Sorry, Jemoiselle! I'm kind of slow sometimes.

newbeginning
May 30th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the video. I'll try that. Will using that method still keep the layers in my hair? Sorry I'm so clueless.

Jemoiselle
October 19th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Wow I wish I had seen this! I'm the one who posted that vid, thanks Battles for the mention! Hugs! Nah, it won't mess up your layers as long as you only trim the hair that sticks out and don't chop it all off but merely dust them. I have been doing this for years I tell you, layers and all. I actually grew out my layers this way! Now I'm mostly one length, but it totally works either way. Good luck and let me know if I can help!