PDA

View Full Version : Need tutorial assistance

Antipodienne
May 30th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I am graduating in a couple of weeks and wanted to do something just a little but spectacular with my hair. I found thishttp://www.hairarchives.com/private/archive2/wedding/wedsketc.htm and I love most of the styles! Problem is, I am virtually inept at anything much more complicated than a lazy wrap bun and a passable French braid. Even a simple French twist usually comes out looking tight and strained. I prefer styles that are not too messy looking, and something simplish to do that keeps my hair out of my way and non tickly. I look better with a little loose softness around my face and at the crown of my head, but have no clue how to accomplish this without teasing.
So, I come to you, helpful people of the Internet. Suggestions? Amazing step by step tutorials for some of the styles on that page? My hair is TB and slippery with LOTS of taper, so something that hides the ends would be best. Also needs to look good with a silly graduation hat. Thanks in advance for your help!

Antipodienne
May 30th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Bump. Still looking for ideas and suggestions.

abbatabba1137
May 30th, 2011, 08:09 PM
My only suggestion would be to find a friend who could help you with styling...
Or maybe look through Torrin's youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/torrinpaige) for ones you could do yourself?
(sorry, I know it's not very helpful)

Madora
May 30th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I second the tutorials of Miss Paige on You Tube.

Personally speaking, I favor a Lace French Dutch braid around my head, which also gives the front of the forehead a little "pouf" because I do the braiding bent at the waist, with all my hair in front of me, like a curtain.

You just start next to your right ear and work a lace French Dutch braid around the front of your head until you reach the top of the left ear.

Change hands and continue the lace french dutch braiding around your head.

Any hair left over just continue to braid as you would for an english braid. Secure the end of the braid with a hair friendly elastic slip off band.

Pin the braid with crimped hairpins and tuck the end of the braid under the braid already in place.

Voila..a pretty lace French dutch crown braid.