PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous 3D Anime Dream Hair, 'Live' Performance!

Soraine
May 30th, 2011, 08:03 AM
A friend of mine recently posted this video on facebook and I wanted to share this! I couldn't help but be so jealous! This is a 'Live' performance by the vocaloids ( pardon my geekiness and otaku tendencies). The hair.. omg the hair hehe. Its like.. my dream hair especially girl in pink!

Here's the link, enjoy! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlTZ0IWfVBQ

The technology involved here is also quite amazing. :joy:

Zesty
May 30th, 2011, 08:24 AM
That is so neat! I do love the hemline on the pink-haired girl. How exactly did they do that? :confused:

Soraine
May 30th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I think it involved some pretty heavy duty projectors. HD! Hahah I have no idea actually, but that's what I think it is. And yeah, I absolutely love her hemline, makes me think of getting a V once I reach classic!

It's just awesome how they don't have a single hair out of place when they spin round. That only happens in dreamland unfortunately... People living is reality have to deal with frizz :(

vintage88
May 30th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Love the hair! Amazing, would love to see this!:D

Zesty
May 30th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I'm usually more of a blunt/gentle U hemline person, but sometimes I'll see some fairytale or V-shaped ends and just swoon... But I think it'll be a while before a V looks good on me, because I think it's really romantic on TBL+ hair. :)

And yes, I wish my hair stayed that perfect and tangle-free even with so much twirling!

Soraine
May 30th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I love fairytale ends, but I don't know if they'll look good on me. I'll know when I get there! Still have a way to go though, I'm only at hip now with a soft U hemline :) I want anime hair! Cause they can suffer any kind of damage and still be attached to the girl's head, hehe!

Slinks
May 30th, 2011, 04:35 PM
WOW !! that was awesome !! really well done :-)

kyandii
May 30th, 2011, 05:38 PM
That's amazing!
I hit replay about 16 times!

IcarusBride
May 30th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I'm seriously creeped out by these 3d-idols. I have heard of the green haired one before. The hair length is nice, but I'm still shocked so many people paid to go to this type of concert. I'm not sure why it's any difference from going to watch a movie or something but it just gives me heebie-jeebies (or however you spell it), like some people get with clowns!

Regan
May 30th, 2011, 06:23 PM
LOLOLOLOL :) this was fun to watch. cute hair, too.

Lunnafindel
May 30th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I'm having a serious postmodernist moment. If the stars of a live concert are animated....what does that make life? can we really tell the difference between real and imaginary anymore? What is "real" anyway? :justy: mind-scramble!

bahoban
May 30th, 2011, 07:48 PM
oh I love hatsune miku's hair!!!,, I have this video on my favorites!!! love it!

Seeshami
May 30th, 2011, 07:53 PM
These creep me out too. It makes me think of the digital girlfriend in The 6th Day movie. It's just CREEPY, amazing but creepy.

|Xei
May 30th, 2011, 09:21 PM
If only real hair behaved so well.
I read somewhere that they did this concert using some kind of 3D hologram technology.

hypersensitive
May 30th, 2011, 10:07 PM
That's the kind of hemline I'm talking about!! I'll have to wait until I reach that length before I find out if I could rock that layered deep V. Really awesome! ^_^

TakeAPotatoChip
May 30th, 2011, 11:31 PM
*breathesin* VOCALOID!!!! =D

Chetanlaiho
May 31st, 2011, 07:28 AM
Hmm I'm usually more of a blunt hemline kind of girl but I seriously want that pink hair on my head, now xD

Elenna
May 31st, 2011, 07:51 AM
I'm confused. This is a live concert with anime animations? The green & pink hair are nice, but it's not real!! I like real hair better.

luthein
May 31st, 2011, 12:20 PM
The green-haired girl has iv/v hair thickness with a full bang and huge pigtails!

ChatNoir
May 31st, 2011, 12:30 PM
ZOMG!!! MAGNET!!! :D aahhh.. Luka is beautiful <w<

.... not that i'm... into that kind of stuff.. *coughs*

Juneii
May 31st, 2011, 12:59 PM
that's pretty cool but I agree, they kind of creep me out. I am not a concert/mass gathering type of person so I can't imagine paying someone to stand amongst a crowd to watch animated characters dance. You'd have trouble paying me to go...

haibane
May 31st, 2011, 03:34 PM
OK, thinking about this too much, I think what makes her hemline look nice is that while it's straight like 1a/b hair they have made it behave like curly hair, clumping together and and moving in bigger chunks.
It's not impossible to do this with real straight hair (I have managed to get close a handful of times) but it's difficult and most of the time when I try I end up with a mess of stringy hair because the clumping falls apart so easily.

ravenreed
May 31st, 2011, 04:01 PM
I have that V hemline and mine never looks that nice! Ah well. That is why it is a fantasy, right?

OK, thinking about this too much, I think what makes her hemline look nice is that while it's straight like 1a/b hair they have made it behave like curly hair, clumping together and and moving in bigger chunks.
It's not impossible to do this with real straight hair (I have managed to get close a handful of times) but it's difficult and most of the time when I try I end up with a mess of stringy hair because the clumping falls apart so easily.

battles
May 31st, 2011, 04:22 PM
that's pretty cool but I agree, they kind of creep me out. I am not a concert/mass gathering type of person so I can't imagine paying someone to stand amongst a crowd to watch animated characters dance. You'd have trouble paying me to go...

I agree. It is a little creepy.

haibane
May 31st, 2011, 04:30 PM
I have that V hemline and mine never looks that nice! Ah well. That is why it is a fantasy, right?
lol yeah, I have tapered fairytale type ends in a V shape too. My hair is way too thin to ever actually look anything like that, but using a curly hair routine I can sometimes make my hair clump up in a similar way.

Fingolphin
May 31st, 2011, 04:30 PM
That's pretty cool. What I want to know is how they did it. I mean, what is it projected ON? It's pretty amazing.

ravenreed
May 31st, 2011, 04:41 PM
When my hair is drying, I twist it into a sausage curl so I get better clumping. Otherwise the layered ends kind of fade into invisibility. On the anime character in the original post, her V looks equally full to the very tippy end. Sadly, that isn't how my layers work!

lol yeah, I have tapered fairytale type ends in a V shape too. My hair is way too thin to ever actually look anything like that, but using a curly hair routine I can sometimes make my hair clump up in a similar way.

haibane
May 31st, 2011, 04:48 PM
When my hair is drying, I twist it into a sausage curl so I get better clumping. Otherwise the layered ends kind of fade into invisibility. On the anime character in the original post, her V looks equally full to the very tippy end. Sadly, that isn't how my layers work!
Yeah, I wonder if a V hemline ever works like that in real life. Maybe with a LOT of help.
At the best of times mine falls apart to 3 or 4 "clumps", anymore and it just looks stringy, or like you say, just goes invisible completely.

Roscata
June 5th, 2011, 11:04 AM
That was awesome. Thank you for sharing! :D

naereid
June 5th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I love Hatsune Miku! Turquoise is my favourite colour, so naturally I have massive hair envy. :grnbiggri

And I'd totally pay for that concert. It'd be like living in a science-fiction world! Oh wait, I guess we already do. ;)

allnight avenue
June 5th, 2011, 11:44 AM
It threw me off how SLOWLY their hair moved...it looked like it was incredibly heavy and made of bendy plastic or something.... I suppose it's still a developing technology :p

Syaoransbear
June 5th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Don't worry, this isn't really new technology. It's just an image projected onto a glass screen, which isn't any different than when you go to a movie theater and a movie is projected onto a white screen. It's not a hologram, she's still only 2D. I just went to a Ratatat concert where they did this, except it was a giant white budgie on the screens.

But I love the hair so much. Anime hair seems to always look great no matter what length or style. Even 'stringy' anime hair looks great!