PDA

View Full Version : I sat on my hair! :D

candlesandfish
May 29th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I've been wearing my hair in a single braid most of the time for the past few months, it's long and I'm not well (ME/CFS & FMS, yay!) so it's less work. On the other hand, it's been benign neglect somewhat - I took it down to wash it, let it dry (mostly) and rebraided it, and rebraided it occasionally between washes because it needed it. My hair holds braidwaves pretty well so that shortens it and I never paid attention.

Well, last night I had to wash my hair a lot later than I normally would, and stuck it in a scarf wrapped around my head to sort of dry and keep it out of my way. I had it out of the scarf and down because I was climbing into bed and thought I'd do my braid in bed...and sat on it :D You know you're a longhair when your first thought is not 'ow' but instead OMG I CAN SIT ON MY HAIR! :joy:

It's only about a centimetre that I can sit on, but it's still there, and I can do it. For the record, it's up at the moment :P Sitting on it is fun but not practical.

So I'm wondering, how does the definition of classic work? I find measuring too difficult, but it's most of the way down my butt according to my boyfriend (who can be trusted to know what he's talking about) and I can sit on it, which I think are the two defining factors? I could be wrong though...I still want it one or two inches more, but I'm finally almost there :D

ArienEllariel
May 29th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Exciting! I'd count that as classic.. *waits to see if others will agree* :)

Dizzy_zzz
May 29th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Hmm, I always thought classic length was when you sat down, your butt was entirely on hair, but not your thighs...
Anyways, congratulations! That must be an amazing feeling! :D

Slinks
May 30th, 2011, 12:50 AM
congrats from me too !! :-)

Dragon
May 30th, 2011, 01:31 AM
Congrats :)

Gypsygirl
May 30th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Way to g(r)o(w)! ;)

Phexlyn
May 30th, 2011, 04:06 AM
For the record, it's up at the moment :P Sitting on it is fun but not practical.
Congratulations, and that's exactly my experience as well :D
Since you can "only" sit on your hair on the bed, that's not quite classic because you sink into the bed when sitting. You're probably "Can I call this classic?"-length right now, and when you start sitting on your hair when you're in a chair or any other hard surface, you'll definitely be solid classic. :)

JulietCapulet
May 30th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Wow that is long! Congrats!

Ishje
May 30th, 2011, 04:32 AM
that is cool ^^ I am waiting for that moment as well ^^
congrats!

Nini
May 30th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Congrats, that's a good feeling;)

Classic is where your butt meets your thighs.

nobeltonya
May 30th, 2011, 05:07 AM
I was getting into bed the other day and stepped on my ponytail with my knee.. and my 8-month-old son grabbed ahold of my ponytail the other day, while I was sitting on the floor, and gave it a good yank. But, I'm only at waist. I want to stop at TB, because I'd probably cut it off if I started sitting on it... heh

Angeletti
May 30th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Congrats! I remember how excited I was too when I sat on mine for the first time, then I had to remind myself never to do it again due to potential damage lol.

embee
May 30th, 2011, 08:41 AM
There is the "ouch" factor, but overall it's a very positive experience! :) I remember my first "sitting on my hair" - sat down at my computer and when I leaned forward my hair was stuck! :D

Congrats!

silverstars
May 30th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Yay! Congrats to you. I wish I could sit on my hair. :)

gthlvrmx
May 30th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Congratulations!!! How exciting!! Benign neglect works wonders!

Alvrodul
May 30th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Congratulations! :flowers: I can hardly wait until my hair is that long too!

Mebo
May 30th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Congratulations, that's amazing! I am nearly there, but not quite. I am doing the fight with the jeans waist and underwear, though.

Melanie Marie
May 30th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Congratulations!!! :applause I miss being able to sit on my hair, so I'm feeling immensely jealous over here. :p

BTW, classic length is where your butt joins to become your thigh, so you hair would have to cover your butt almost completely before you could call it classic length (http://www.ida.net/users/northstr/hairlength.html).

candlesandfish
May 30th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the definition of classic length, I can never remember where it is. As it is, the one you just gave is where I want to grow to anyway :) I'm getting very close!

Benign neglect and braids are fantastic - just leave it up and get an awesome surprise when I do take it down occasionally!