PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Average age of lovers of long hair

Darkhorse1
June 19th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Since reading up about many of you, I'm now curious to see the average age of those with long hair. I think we can dispell that belief that you need to cut your hair past 40 years.

Darkhorse1
June 19th, 2008, 12:21 PM
This is an anonymous poll--noone will know what age you all are ;)

bunnii
June 19th, 2008, 12:23 PM
i'm planning on keeping my hair long for as long as it looks nice and is healthy, so i have no plans to cut ever, HA! take that conformity! hehe :D:D

AJoifulNoise
June 19th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I'm 22. I've been growing for almost 3 years.

rhubarbarin
June 19th, 2008, 12:24 PM
My hair isn't long yet but it will be soon! And I am soon to be 23. I plan on keeping it long for the rest of my life, I've surely gotten the short hair thing out of my system.

mira-chan
June 19th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Long for most of my life and still growing at almost 24.

Faith
June 19th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I'm soon to be 43 and have had longish hair most of my life. It's longer now than it has ever been though (I'm just past tailbone heading towards classic).

saman
June 19th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I'm 24 and the longest hair I've ever had was neck length.I started growing it from 2 inches and now it's at ear length.My first goal is shoulder length and maybe APL after that.

Euphony
June 19th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I'm 37 (it's under my avatar :smile: ) I've been growing from that super short cut the stylist I went to instead of the one I regularly visit told me that fat women look thinner in short hair (not her words, I can't remember her words - that's what I got from the conversation). Hmmmm she was sadly mistaken...but a month after that cut I did begin my journey to lose 90 pounds, so maybe in a way she was right LOL

Long story short, I've always wanted long hair - to heck with the media, but until LHC I didn't know how to obtain it.

orangeeyecrayon
June 19th, 2008, 01:25 PM
i am 19 and i plan to keep it long the rest of my life too (unless when i go gray it comes in gray all at once in which case i will cut it short just to grow it out again that or keep it long and dye it all the colors i have wanted to)

harley mama
June 19th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I am the grandmother here (so far). I am 50 years young!
I have had longish hair most of my life. Right now it is the longest it's ever been.

Islandgrrl
June 19th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Harley, I'm right behind you. Just turned 48. I had knee length hair in my 30s, whacked it off in stages in my early 40s then buzzed it at 45. Growing now for 3 years and it's BSL. No more big whack & hack jobs for me. Long hair to the finish.

starfire
June 19th, 2008, 01:56 PM
29. But I've loved long hair my entire life and I don't expect to change my views when I'm older.

florenonite
June 19th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I'm 37 (it's under my avatar :smile: ) I've been growing from that super short cut the stylist I went to instead of the one I regularly visit told me that fat women look thinner in short hair (not her words, I can't remember her words - that's what I got from the conversation). Hmmmm she was sadly mistaken...but a month after that cut I did begin my journey to lose 90 pounds, so maybe in a way she was right LOL

That sounds like another one of those things hairdressers tell people who may be insecure about their appearance (like middle-aged women) to make them get regular trims. I hope my post doesn't offend anyone, because I really don't mean it in that way, but personally, I think that in general short cuts, like pixies, look best on small people because there is less hair and less person/body. Conversely, larger people often look better with more hair because it's more balanced out. This is by no means a hard-and-fast rule but rather a generalisation. I also think that long hair suits just about everyone because it's so versatile.

boukje
June 19th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I am 22, I have always had 'long' hair apart from to major chops to a boy cut ath the age of 9 and 12.

My hair is now the longest it has ever been between tailbone and classic.

Most of the time it was between BSL and waist. Never shorter though (except for the growing out and the horrible cut when I was young ( till about 6 years old) because my mom thought it looked nice ugh).

I want to have classic length (with thick(er) ) hemline, and/or a classic length braid (if my hair will grow that long and still look nice). I don't plan to ever get it shorter than waist. Also not when I become grey or old(er).!

Long hair just suits me.

boukje
June 19th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I have had longish hair most of my life. Right now it is the longest it's ever been.

Way to go :rockerdud harley mama. My mom is 52 and has short hair (I think she looks very masculine because of this)

Your hair is wonderfull don't ever cut it short ok? :eyebrows:

Isilya
June 19th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I'm 21 (22 next week) and I don't plan on cutting it any time soon.

FrannyG
June 19th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I always wanted to have long hair, but I bought into what my parents told me about fine thin hair not looking good long. I was 44 when I finally decided that I'm going to grow my hair as long as it will go. I'm free of pre-LHC damage and layers now, and I'm going to let my hair grow as long as it will grow!

DavidN
June 19th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I am probably one of the oldest of the male members here at the LHC, and my desire right now is to grow it as long as it will grow, and still be in good condition. I know that my ends could use a little TLC right now, since I had considerabale damage from straightening. My last use of the iron was in September 2006.

SweetPea88
June 19th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Well I just turned 20 in May and I've always loved long hair. I don't see me ever cutting it short in the future!

froglet
June 19th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I'm 37, turning 38 next month and I plan on taking after my Mom. She's 61 and has a long silver mane down her back.

Starr
June 19th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I'm 23 and have had long hair most of my life, with the exception of a horrible cut to BSL about 5 years ago.

eresh
June 19th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I'm 32 and I don't intend to cut it just because I get older and society or trends thinks I should:)

zanne
June 19th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I'm 34, and it's always been about BSL, and i hope to never be this short again.

saracuda
June 19th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I'm 31. I marked 30s.

flapjack
June 19th, 2008, 04:12 PM
22, going on the big, bad 23 and I've always had it bsl or longer.

Throwing my parents into this, too, even though I only voted for myself, of course. They're both in their late forties and they love long hair. My brother does, too. He is 19.

morgwn
June 19th, 2008, 04:13 PM
At age 26 I'm loving having long hair (again!) and intend to maintain a long length for the rest of my life. I've experimented with the short hair thing and never intend to go back. :)

harley mama
June 19th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Way to go :rockerdud harley mama. My mom is 52 and has short hair (I think she looks very masculine because of this)

Your hair is wonderfull don't ever cut it short ok? :eyebrows:

Awww, thanks boukje! That is so sweet of you! :D

harley mama
June 19th, 2008, 04:25 PM
I am probably one of the oldest of the male members here at the LHC, and my desire right now is to grow it as long as it will grow, and still be in good condition. I know that my ends could use a little TLC right now, since I had considerabale damage from straightening. My last use of the iron was in September 2006.

I am still the oldest female so far David! ;)

biggeorge
June 19th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I am probably one of the oldest of the male members here at the LHC

Yea, Pops has me by about four months if I remember correctly!

TammySue
June 19th, 2008, 04:56 PM
I'm 50 (hey harley mama I'm in great company with you lady!!) and I only wish I would have started years ago to grow my hair long! I don't think I'll ever cut it short and I would love to see just how long it will grow (even though my ends are thin).

Morag
June 19th, 2008, 06:31 PM

Got you beat, Harley Mama! :p My age is under my avatar. Looks like I'll be the first one into the "60's" category if we do this again in a couple of years!

Jason
June 19th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I wanted long hair since I was about 7. It is only now in my 30s that I've finally got it.

SilverLocks
June 19th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Another "post-mid-centurian" here. I'm in fine company. :love:

nastasska
June 19th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I first read that codswallop about cutting your hair after 40 when I was 11.I thought it was rubbish then and I still do now:cool:

GailH
June 19th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I'll fess up - I'm 51 :-) From about 40 till now, I've had my hair short. I've now decided I really would like it longer. Though heredity has not been nice to me and I'm thinner on top than I would like to be :-( My hairdresser tells me keeping it layered but growing it longer will be OK, though. I'm hoping! :rolleyes:

Gail
http://CrystalsAndTrinkets.com

ZaBasDa
June 19th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I feel really young now; I'm only 17. I've always been told curly hair can't be long, so this is kind of like my way to rebel against society. ;) Besides I've always admired people with long healthy hair.

Riot Crrl
June 19th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I'm 37, and I know there are folks here with longer hair for a longer time than I have had, but I haven't been shorter than shoulder since I was 15 or BSL since I was 16.

cuddledumplin
June 19th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I'm 32, and I've had long hair for at least half of my life.

darkwaves
June 19th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Another "post-mid-centurian" here. I'm in fine company. :love: We are in fine company, indeed!

Darkhorse1
June 19th, 2008, 09:09 PM
This is AWESOME! I'm 38 turning 39 in October and I want to have long hair as long as I can. I'm SO happy to see those at ages where society feels they should 'cut' it, and you haven't!!! Yippee!

Also, Im SO glad to see men here too!!

morningstar
June 19th, 2008, 09:50 PM
HI, I am not ashamed to say I am turning 44 next month. I look so much better than I did in my 30s' due to my hair and self esteem. I have always had shoulder length or slightly longer and thought my hair couldn't grow past shoulder blade. I had damaged it with perms so often from my teens to adult years and bought into the idea my mom had that straight hair made me look bad. My mom loved the big teased hair of the 60s'. She is always trying to find some height for me. LOL

daydreamer
June 19th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I am 31 and intend to keep on growing!! I want to have a long white crown braid when I'm a little old lady.

Nynaeve
June 19th, 2008, 09:59 PM
I'm to turn 21 fairly soon. I certainly don't plan on cutting my hair as I get older, so I will be in all the age groups (barring any unfortunate accidents).

My mother has and loves long hair and she is in her 50s, Darkhorse1.
(Her hair is currently somewhere between waist and bsl btw.)

sapphire-o
June 19th, 2008, 10:45 PM
I'm 36 now. This is the first time I have long hair. Always has short to medium hair when I was younger. I thought I'd try it at least this once. I can't say I'll never want short hair again, but I'm enjoying my hair a lot right now and don't plan to cut anytime soon.

Duchess of Erat
June 20th, 2008, 12:09 AM
I've had long hair since I was about 4 or 5, though before I usually cut it back to shoulder or chinlength or something layered when reaches BSL, because I couldn't find a way to wear it comfortably. This time I decided to look for other hair styles on the web, found this site and a dutch long hair site, got a new hairtoy addiction, and hair that's just past waist for the longest layers, because of the wonderful updo's I found.

Carolyn
June 20th, 2008, 06:10 AM
I had to add my vote to the 50s group. Long hair is great at any age.

Mitzy
June 20th, 2008, 06:38 AM
I turned 50 in April. This is the longest my hair has been since I was 19, although I came close about 5 years ago when I went back to University. Due to some issues with health, lots of travel and a bad divorce followed by a severe illness, I cut. Have since relocated to Australia (from Oregon) remarried and am currently headed for waist length at approx 30 inches (I am at 20 inches now, shooting for waist by age 52). I don't ever plan to be shorter than BSL again.

DavidN
June 20th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I'm just popping in again, and I see that I am STILL the oldest guy in the crowd, and perhaps it IS true that I am the oldest male member of the LHC! (Yes, I saw your "Pops" reference, Georgre!:wink:) But it is wonderful to see so many "post fifties" chiming in, and that long hair is for everyone, young and old, men and women!:cheer:

paper
June 20th, 2008, 08:40 AM
I had long hair all my life. Until I turned 40 and cut it short, thinking thats what I'm suppose to do. I am 45 now, and am letting it grow long again. :)

morgwn
June 20th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I'm just popping in again, and I see that I am STILL the oldest guy in the crowd, and perhaps it IS true that I am the oldest male member of the LHC!

It's so encouraging to see you on here, however! You being an older male gives the other guys reassurance that it's still a great thing to do even when they get older. So cheers to you! :)

naturechild
June 20th, 2008, 09:10 AM
I am 40 and wont give up my long hair for anything. I am chiming in with wanting a all white Crown braid when I am a grandma too. oops wait I may be close to a great grandma before I turn white? My grandpa didn't start turning white until he was in his 70's

kate46
June 20th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I'm well into my 40s, I started my adult life as a long hair and I want to end my adult life as a long hair, even if that means I have to resort to a comb over to cover the bald bits :D

DavidN
June 20th, 2008, 10:00 AM
It's so encouraging to see you on here, however! You being an older male gives the other guys reassurance that it's still a great thing to do even when they get older. So cheers to you! :)

Thank you, Morgwyn, for your kind words:flowers:, and I admit that I am thoroughly enjoying the journey!

bunnii
June 20th, 2008, 11:48 AM
well my BF isn't registered on here but he's 26 and is a longhair, he would be bsl if he were female :lol: he saw you sig pic DavidN and he is even more determined not to cut :D and thats even better for me as i loooooove his long hair :eyebrows:

DavidN
June 20th, 2008, 12:30 PM
well my BF isn't registered on here but he's 26 and is a longhair, he would be bsl if he were female :lol: he saw you sig pic DavidN and he is even more determined not to cut :D and thats even better for me as i loooooove his long hair :eyebrows:

Thank you for your kind words, Bunnii, and that is wonderful to hear that I can be an inspiration for your BF, and I hope he continues his long hair journey!

vindo
June 20th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Midtwentys here..wow we are really young mostly :poot:

jojo
June 20th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Well ive had long hair near enough all my adult life and will be 40 next year, but this is the shortest my hair will ever be and I have no intention of cutting, even if I got offered a million pounds!

Buddaphlyy
June 20th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I started being seriously interested in hair care at 20, started growing seriously at 21, and now I'm 22. My hair is not long at all though.

Altocumulus
June 23rd, 2008, 11:17 AM
I will be 40 in December, and no plans to cut. I look forward to having long, gray hair someday!

burns_erin
June 23rd, 2008, 12:04 PM
i am in my mid 20's, but my mom and dad are both in their fifties and not especially computer literate. My dad is a long hair, and my mom likes long hair Hers just will not grow past about APL) So remember, even if the numbers skew, well we have to consider the biased nature of the poll. And this comment just goes to show that I ahve been in graduate school for waaaay tooo long.lol

lora410
June 23rd, 2008, 12:14 PM
27 here, and I have been growing since last april when I was just short of APL length.

fizbobunny
June 23rd, 2008, 03:18 PM
I voted now because in a few months I would have had to check the 30's choice. *shudder*

morgwn
June 24th, 2008, 03:10 AM
I voted now because in a few months I would have had to check the 30's choice. *shudder*

Fizobunny, it's really not that bad! My other half is fretting over it and he really doesn't seem to understand that 30 is NOT considered old at all anymore. After all, the new saying goes that 30's are the new 20's and 40's are like the new 30's. :)

Guenever
June 24th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Exactly 20 here^^
I'm also looking forward to the grays! My mom is 44 years old and almost completely gray underneath the dye!

SHELIAANN1969
June 24th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Ok, I am 39, but I put 40's because 39 is much closer to 40 than 30! I can't trick myself any longer, I'm gettin there!

xrosiex
June 24th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I'm 48 and I've had long hair most all my life. I'm not cutting anymore. I decided by the time I'm 50 I'd like to be at classic lengh. Only time will tell.:pray:

nissamholtz
June 24th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I'm 33, and only really starting now

wilmot
June 24th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I'm 45 and have been growing out my hair for three or four years (can't remember). It's fairly full-on gray. I never tried long hair until my 30's, although my first attempt (mullet!) was a dismal failure.

MadHatter
June 24th, 2008, 09:17 PM
21, growing since 05

sexyjacksparrow
June 28th, 2008, 01:50 AM
I just about fit into the 20s category. When I was in my teens, I always thought I would not want long hair past 30 but now I know I will.

Kerry xx

Phalaenopsis
June 30th, 2008, 05:40 AM
I'm 21, and I had quite long hair when I was 14. And now, even when I turn to 40, I still keep my long hair. It's beautiful at every age.

UncommonTart
July 1st, 2008, 10:37 AM
I'm 24, and I've had long hair for most of my life, excepting a few years of dreadful bobs when I was younger. (Hated them immensely, too.) At this point my mother and I are the only longhairs left in the family, and I find it funny that the rest of them will tell me how lovely mine is right before telling me that I should convince my mother her to cut hers. I think it's lovely, much more so than when she kept it short (not that she ever needs to know how I felt about her short haircut, of course).

bohemian
July 1st, 2008, 01:44 PM
Im in my 20s and Ive gone from loving short hair to now loving long hair! I think that the age you are shouldn't deter you from reaching whatever lenght you want!! I have big plans to let my hair grow long, beautiful and grey as I get older. (Like Aunt Meg (Lois Smith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lois_Smith)) in the movie Twister, I LOVED her hair in that movie, screw the tornados hehehe her hair was the best part)

jenna
July 1st, 2008, 01:53 PM
i'll be 30 in january -falls over- and i think i've been pretty much a long hair girl since my mid-teens.

ladystar
July 1st, 2008, 02:02 PM
I am 26, I have had it long and short. I plan on having long hair the rest of my life. I love it!

Paniscus
July 1st, 2008, 02:08 PM
I can still count myself in the *30's* group. At least for another year or two ;)

Laululintu
July 2nd, 2008, 02:15 AM
I'm in my mid-20s at the moment and have had very long hair by "normal" standards since I was in my late teens.

Amoretti
July 2nd, 2008, 02:51 AM
According to how the poll's going it seems to be true that the younger you are the longer your hair is. I thought there'd be more over 40s, but nope.

Rae~
July 2nd, 2008, 04:35 AM
According to how the poll's going it seems to be true that the younger you are the longer your hair is. I thought there'd be more over 40s, but nope.

You could certainly infer that, but I think there's also an aspect of, the younger you are, the more likely you are to be participating in online forums. :) I know plenty of people in their 30s and 40s who have never visited a forum in their lives. Not everyone is "into" net stuff.

RavennaNight
July 3rd, 2008, 12:24 AM
I know. I'm 29. I voted 30's because I'm only 4 months away from leaving the 20's, and I wont be cutting it off any time in the forseeable future, if ever.

AerisDawn
July 5th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Is it really harder to grow long hair as you get older? I'm going to be 29 in a few days and I've heard that after 30 women have a time growing long hair. :(

Sarahmoon
July 5th, 2008, 07:12 AM
I'm 23. I had long hair as young teen as well though.

This poll is nice to see the trend on this website. I think it won't be a representation of real life though, as young teens (especially those who don't have English as a first language) and people older than 60 are probably less likely to become a member of internet forums like these.

Finoriel
July 5th, 2008, 09:39 AM
:wink: Sarahmoon I was on my way to type something very similar.
Itīs sad that the poll is not representative on the "at which age is long hair most common" factor, it would be really interesting to find out. But it more represents at which age English speaking people are active in Internet communities.
Unfortunately itīs most likely the only answer we will ever get, so letīs hope it getīs at least somehow close to reality :p

crebbsgirl
July 5th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I'm 27. I had long hair in my teens and chopped it off right before going to university because I thought it would make me look more grown up. It just didn't suit my face at all and I've regretted it ever since. I've been trying to grow it for a couple of years now and I don't intend on ever having short hair again! My mother - who is 55 - has had short hair for years and I keep asking her to grow it out because the short hair just doesn't suit her face either. She thinks she's too old for long hair. Maybe I will direct her here. :)

Saranne772
July 6th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Well I am 18 but I have had long hair since the word go.

I would guess that in general the longest haired people would be from childhood to 30 generally. There seems to be a "rule" in society that people older dont have long hair!! Very sad!

Martina
July 7th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I'm 50 and I've never been to BSL. I started growing my hair long March '07 and had a set back when I trimmed all my layers to a blunt cut in April '08. I'm plugging right along and Lord willing, I'll get to BSL '09!

Elleyena
July 8th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I'm 18, and I've been growing my hair for the past year and a half.

KateMcC
July 8th, 2008, 11:39 AM
I would like to know also about age and hair, but I think this poll might be skewed. I know quite a few (e-hemmm) very mature longhairs that are not comfortable with a computer. My poor MIL barely cares to figure out the remotes on their entertainment center, let alone the computer. Other than dusting, I don't believe she has ever touched the computer.

Is there a way to adapt this poll to include longhairs we know, not just ourselves?

dor3girl
July 8th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I have been growing mine out (from a chin-length cut) since late fall of 2004. This is the longest my hair has ever been. I usually cut it all off every 3 years or so. . .(or perm, color, highlight, etc.)

dor3girl
July 8th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Well I am 18 but I have had long hair since the word go.

I would guess that in general the longest haired people would be from childhood to 30 generally. There seems to be a "rule" in society that people older dont have long hair!! Very sad!
Yeah--I think it's sad, but understandable--I have seen some really scary-loooking long, yellowing grey hair on women over 50 & I just want to cut them some bangs, cut off 6" of split ends and give them a clarifying shampoo to get rid of the yellows. Simply Silver Shampoo by Nexxus--great for gray hair--just keep it shiny & healthy! Let's not give long hair a bad name!

lady_hero
July 8th, 2008, 08:17 PM
I'm 22. I always had waist length hair until 2 years ago when I cut it to shoulder length *silly girl* Now, I'm in that horrid "waiting to grow my hair out" stage *rolls her eyes* Hurry up, hairs!

Meli
July 10th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I'm 28 and have had waist or longer since I was 16 (was 14 when I decided to grow it long).

Elanor
July 11th, 2008, 05:44 AM
I'm 20 and I haven't really been a big long hair fan until now. I've always have APL-BSL hair, except for the couple of times I've cut a shorter style. But now I'm gonna let it grow just to see what It'll look like longer.

Paradise Lost
July 11th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I'm 20. I have always admired long hair.
I had mine long when I was a child (I think between 8 and 12 my hair was at waist or slightly longer) and then cut it just to see what it would look like. I kept it around shoulder length until 15, when I decided to grow it long again. I reached mid-butt and kept it pretty much that way since then.
I cut it recently, so I find my hair short, but as it is still past BSL, I guess it can still be considered as long by most standards.

Angellen
July 12th, 2008, 12:21 AM
My hair has almost always been BSL or longer. I began growing it in first grade, and by fourth it was classic/mid thigh. Then I cut it back to TB, and then waist, and then BSL, where it was until sophomore year of highschool, where I cut it to chin/nape--it hadn't been that short since before kindergarten.

I sincerely hope I don't go above BSL anytime in the near or distant future. Everyone else thought it looked good, but for me, it was completely bleh.

brightonwoman
July 12th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I figure to keep mine long through grey and white and all the way.
I think long grey hair is so much more elegant and graceful a way to age than to just chop it off. I knew a woman at church who was in her mid 40s with a lot of grey, and her hair was, oh, about BSL. One week she showed up with it above her shoulders and I tell ya what, she aged 15 years overnight when she cut her hair. Seriously, it was an ugly thing to see!

rubyann
July 12th, 2008, 09:49 PM
I'm 43 and happily growing my hair. I feel prettier with longer hair.

Cinnamon Hair
July 12th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I think a real life poll would have different results. This is skewed to the younger age groups because there are more of us who spend time online/reading message boards.

bikerblue
July 13th, 2008, 03:21 AM
I've always had long hair, as a little girl it was TBL but my mum did the classic take me to the hairdresser and chopped at shoulder length i was 12 i still remember how much i cried!

Country Cowcurl
July 16th, 2008, 04:29 AM
i just had a birthday, so i was pretty thrilled to click "20's"......haha

i'm a definitely a lifer, tho......short hair is NOT for me. i made a vow that i will never have hair above my waist again!!

starla_zero
July 16th, 2008, 08:05 AM
I'm 23.
I don't agree with the 40yrs old = hair must be short thing either, tons of people look great at that age and above with long hair.

Stacy_E
July 16th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Thanks to LHC, a community I didn't discover until I was 43, I now believe I can properly grow (and enjoy!) long hair, for the first time in my life. Now at BSL, I believe my hair my be longer than it was when I was 12. On to waist-length!

To heck with convention about 40+ year olds having short hair! I say, be different, stand out, and embrace long-haired beauty!

Monsterkitti
July 16th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Im 24 and really want to keep my hair long from now on. Ive had shoulder length hair most of my life apart from one very bad attempt at short chin length hair :s Really doesnt suit me.

I love the look of healthy long hair on any age, absolutly no reason to go for short hair as you get older.

angelthadiva
July 16th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I have to admit the title pulled me in...All I could see was Average age of Lovers, and I was like WTHeck?!

I've had long hair on and off my whole life...Mostly on! :)

aney
July 16th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I'm 21... been a long hair lover all my life!

kwaniesiam
July 17th, 2008, 12:39 PM
I'm 17, have loved long hair all my life but when I was younger really had no clue how to take care of it plus went through a bad phase of chemical dying. Now I'm treating it 1,000 times better and am growing it out long again now that its thickening back up from previous hairloss, hennaed red :)

Angharad
August 19th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I have longer hair since my teens; about sixteen years old my hair was BSL and stayed there for until I was in my twenties. In my late twenties it became a little bit longer but I was bleeching it al the time so my hair was not that well kept....shame on me!

I gues I really wanted to become a loooooooonghair since I was about thirty but it took a very long time to sink in that with that longing, comes a certain responsibility in treating my hair as gentle as can be. This good behaviour is now paying off since a couple of years and I'm now 37!

emeraldfaery
September 24th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I'm 20. Have had every length from shoulder to classic and now back to shoulder again.

Nacaya
September 24th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I'm 28. I startet to re-grow my hair about 10 years ago from 7 cm (or so) in length..

JamieLeigh
September 24th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I didn't make it in time to vote in the poll, but I'm in my 20s....barely. I just turned 29. :p And my love for long hair has been lifelong - I don't see this leopard changing her spots anytime soon. :crush:

Garnetgem
March 27th, 2016, 11:29 PM
Always loved long hair and had it very long in my 20s then had it cut short and regretted it so grew it again,now in my 40s it is hip length i wont let age get in the way of my dream of long hair!
and anyway i am always mistaken for being younger as apparently others say i have "no wrinkles" and ask are you sure your in your 40s!

Groovy Granny
March 28th, 2016, 11:12 PM
I had long hair in my teens (to @25)..... again in my 40s (to 50)...then now in my 60s (til I take my last breath) :)