PDA

View Full Version : regular trims and a years difference

Sunny_side_up
May 29th, 2011, 05:35 AM
I have been regular trimming every month or few months since the begining of last year to rid myself of layers. I havn't gained any length really, but the condition of my hair is sooo much better than last year:D As times gone on i started to think about layers again:p But now stopped as i love even braids too much.
When i tried my first two braids i had hair that was still pretty layered and i wasn't impressed with the look and didn't do it again until about 2months ago, now cant stop doing braids and adoring the wavies!
Really enjoying my more even hair and it looks & feels thicker, plus feels stronger from changing my eating habits:)

First pic- begining of june 2010
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5155&pictureid=74370
The next picture was taken this morning, freshly undone braid waves after i washed my hair yesterday evening
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6405&pictureid=103961

bunzfan
May 29th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Wow your hair looks so much better. Well done you, i have layers to but i am trimming the minimalist amount until i reach waist at least.

What length do you hope to go for in the future?

Phexlyn
May 29th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Wow what a difference! Your hair looks like you could do shampoo commercials now and not need any help from the airbrush experts ;)

Sunny_side_up
May 29th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Thank you for your sweet comments! :gabigrin:

bunzfan, i plan to let it grow now and get to bsl then have a mini trim. Thinking of keeping it at bsl with regular trims, but see how i feel when i'm there!

spidermom
May 29th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Beautiful result

Sunny_side_up
May 29th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Thank you spidermom:flower: Now to keep it healthy and pampered through the summer months and just let it grow, fingers crossed for a summer growth spurt. Your hair is absolutely stunning:)

Sundial
May 29th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I have to agree that those regular trims were worth it and it's showing! ;)

Sunny_side_up
May 29th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Thankyou sundial! No growth to show from 2010 to now, altogether cutting off more than 7 inches as some of the trims were BIG, however currently this is my 2nd month no trim :D so managing to avoid the scissors!:cheer:

jojo
May 29th, 2011, 11:13 AM
This is why I am a fan of regular trims, your hair is looking gorgeous.

Sunny_side_up
May 29th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Thankyou jojo! Its a completely different head of hair compared to over a year ago :D You have gained great length and your hair is looking so shiny and healthy:)

Nera
May 29th, 2011, 12:27 PM
That looks amazing! Congradulations!

MissManda
May 29th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Your patience has definitely paid off! You've gained so much thickness! Congrats! :flower:

Sunny_side_up
May 29th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks so much ladies:flowers:

jojo
May 29th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Thankyou jojo! Its a completely different head of hair compared to over a year ago :D You have gained great length and your hair is looking so shiny and healthy:)

thank you, ive also trimmed a lot since joining as my ends break but it has made such a difference, also a teeny bit of oil on your ends will help too.

Firefly
May 29th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Wow, you've really thickened up your ends-- congrats! Looks beautiful.

Slinks
May 30th, 2011, 01:22 AM
yeah !! I have to agree, those trims have paid off :-) that is a nice hemline ..

Smile4Kiki
May 30th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Looks great! I think I'm going to start micro-trimming regulary to get rid of some layers and heat damage on my ends that have begun to split This is def the push I needed to do that :)

Alvrodul
May 30th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Beautiful!

Sunny_side_up
May 30th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks everyone!:D Though the time of monthly trimming and also big trims will be put on hold. Was considering 3 month trims of a small amount, but if my ends look ok then i suppose i'll just leave them alone and go for some more length! :)

Yozhik
May 30th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Wonderful! Your hair looks so much blunter. :flowers:

I love braids, too! :crush: