PDA

View Full Version : Pretty please, tell me it's grown!

amaiaisabella
June 19th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I decided to take a few pictures today to see how if my length has changed. The first picture is from January, though I posted it when I began here in April because I had no growth from that point.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z20/amaiai64/hair.jpg

I took this next one in April after I colored my hair for the last time:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z20/amaiai64/Picture007.jpg

And these last ones I took today:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z20/amaiai64/lengthJune082.jpg
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z20/amaiai64/lengthJune08.jpg

What do you all think?

SHELIAANN1969
June 19th, 2008, 11:39 AM
I see growth, and the texture has changed as well! Lookin good there!

MyFireElf
June 19th, 2008, 11:40 AM
My hair's in that same region, and it's really hard to tell sometimes since there aren't any great "landmarks" to measure it against until you hit APL. It definitely look like it's grown though!

chrissy-b
June 19th, 2008, 11:46 AM
It has TOTALLY grown! Congrats!!

Curlsgirl
June 19th, 2008, 11:47 AM
It looks great! But the second and third pics are cut off. Hard to tell how much it's grown but it has definitely grown! :cheese:

DarkChocolate
June 19th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I see growth as well:)
Nice color too:)

Guenever
June 19th, 2008, 12:27 PM
you can't tell if it has grown? Well, it has!! And it looks great!
And your waves are starting to form :D

Very nice!

busnutmedic
June 19th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I think it has! It helps me to take pictures from straight behind me for length comparison shots. That way I have less trouble convincing myself it's grown :)

Bonnie

Starr
June 19th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Looks like it's grown to me!

purplebubba
June 19th, 2008, 01:17 PM
In my Leslie Neilsen voice, "Yes it's grown ..... and don't call me Pretty" :silly:

florenonite
June 19th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Yeah, it's grown, and it looks much healthier, too!

hurricane_gia
June 19th, 2008, 01:56 PM
It looks at least two inches longer, to me. Also, it's definitely developing some wave.

You might want to start measuring your hair, so you can keep track of the growth and then you'll know for sure whether it's growing or not.

amaiaisabella
June 19th, 2008, 02:28 PM
hurricane_gia, I have been trying to measure my hair, but I still get the same measurement, even when I KNOW I've had some growth. Some people suggested I take pictures to measure the growth, so here I am :)

Thank you all for noticing growth! It gives me hope!

Patrycja
June 19th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Its definately grown and good for you!!! :cheer:

FrannyG
June 19th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Good heavens, your hair's grown quite a bit. I never understand why we can never see our own growth. :? It looks like a couple of inches to me, and it's really looking good. :flowers:

eadwine
June 19th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Just one thing I am wondering.. the two last pictures, it looks like you are hunching up your shoulders though.. distance to top of head from them seems off to me.

Other than that, your hair looks healthy :)

SweetPea88
June 19th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Oh it has definitely grown! :) It looks a lot healthier as well.

psvzum
June 19th, 2008, 03:59 PM
It's definately grown a bit and is also very pretty : )

paper
June 19th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Your hair looks great! Looks like alot of growth to me.

Congrats!

Ohio Sky
June 19th, 2008, 04:33 PM
It looks like youve got several inches of growth, and the shine is impressive as well!

hurricane_gia
June 19th, 2008, 04:46 PM
hurricane_gia, I have been trying to measure my hair, but I still get the same measurement, even when I KNOW I've had some growth. Some people suggested I take pictures to measure the growth, so here I am :)

It's difficult to measure your own hair. Maybe a friend can measure for you?

Pictures can be difficult to judge, because unless a friend stands behind you with a camera, or you used a timer and a tripod, it's pretty tough to replicate the same pose and angle, and different poses and angles could make your hair look longer or shorter. However . . . . I'm positive it has grown. In the first picture, your sides are just tickling your shoulders. In the last picture, your sides are folding under and laying along your back. Therefore, they are longer.

amaiaisabella
June 19th, 2008, 05:07 PM
It's difficult to measure your own hair. Maybe a friend can measure for you?

Pictures can be difficult to judge, because unless a friend stands behind you with a camera, or you used a timer and a tripod, it's pretty tough to replicate the same pose and angle, and different poses and angles could make your hair look longer or shorter. However . . . . I'm positive it has grown. In the first picture, your sides are just tickling your shoulders. In the last picture, your sides are folding under and laying along your back. Therefore, they are longer.

My mom measured, and the very bottom is at 20 inches. Does that mean I can change my profile? :D

hurricane_gia
June 19th, 2008, 05:31 PM
My mom measured, and the very bottom is at 20 inches. Does that mean I can change my profile? :D

Yeppers! (plus some more words to make a longer post blah blah blah).

sweetlidlred
June 19th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I think your hair looks longer and very pretty!

Speedbump
June 20th, 2008, 07:45 AM
It grew. :D

jojo
June 20th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Yep I see growth too, well done!

Islandgrrl
June 20th, 2008, 10:43 AM
It looks like it's grown to me! And the color & texture look awesome, too!

WritingPrincess
June 20th, 2008, 01:45 PM
It has definitely grown!

SHELIAANN1969
June 20th, 2008, 02:18 PM

I cannot for the life of me, measure my own hair, my bf or sister has to do it for me. Now the funny part is, neither one of them come up with the same measurements.

I get different measurements depending on how wet my hair is or how humid it is too, the curls have to be pulled down in such a way so they can be measured all stretched out.

My poor BF, he goes through Haides for me sometimes, but he loves it, he is so darn sweet it makes me want to puke rainbows.

He is always saying, "oh, I love your hair, its so beautiful." I always wonder if he is just buttering me up for the goodies....hehehe

He was mad as all get out when I henna'd my hair, but now he adores it. He actually does it for me when it's time to apply it, my sister is too rough and pulls my hair.

He also met me when my hair was probobly at collarbone, it will be 5 years in Oct. that we have been together, and that was about 2 years after I started seriously growing my hair.

I went off track for a moment but you need assistance in measuring.

The best measuring tape I have used is the ones used in sewing, the cloth ones, they usually come in a kit of small items, or by themselves for 1$ at the Dollar Tree etc.

Your hair looks really good though, keep up the good work!

Millielie
June 21st, 2008, 12:35 PM
Yes, it's grown and it looks really healthy and shiny, too.

What color did you use? It looks nice :)

amaiaisabella
June 21st, 2008, 12:50 PM
Yes, it's grown and it looks really healthy and shiny, too.

What color did you use? It looks nice :)

I did a demipermanent color at the salon in April. Haven't colored it since, and it's faded a lot, so it's mostly my own color :) The picture in my sig is when I first did it, so you can see how it has faded when you look at the newer pictures.

I also just started doing Snowymoon's massaging technique, so I'm hoping it can grow a bit faster! :)

nissamholtz
June 22nd, 2008, 10:46 AM
I see growth, but 2 months is not a long time

goldenwaves
June 24th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Yes, looks like you've got some lovely growth there!!