PDA

View Full Version : Aloe ver ger by up&up (target brand) for hair? help!

ALYSSA
May 28th, 2011, 07:46 PM
recently, i bought aloe vera gel i heard so many good things about it so i went every where searching for it...( i cannot buy some online i can only get procucts i can buy at a store) and finally i found aloe vera gel or the closest thing i could find.. fed up from searching every where i just bought it. but i was rewding the labels and it reads
"aloe vera gel"
Compare to Bannana boat green aloe vera gel"
"made with pure aloe vera,cools and soothes skin" the brand is up&up (a target brand)

INGREDIANTS: water,aloe barbadensis leaf juice,glycerin,polysorbate-20,triethanolamine,carbomer,diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropnyl Butycarbamate,benzophenone-4,FD&C yellow#5,fragraqce.

it doesnt sound like 100% aloe vera gel but is it safe to use what do you think/ reccomend :gabigrin: thanks!

ALYSSA
May 29th, 2011, 10:27 AM
so should i not use it?

HairFaerie
May 29th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Hmmmm....that's a tough one.

If they are comparing it to Banana Boat, it sounds like it's the kind you put on your skin after a sunburn.

Pure 100% aloe gel has no other additives and needs refrigerated after opening. You can usually find it in health food stores or in the health section of grocery stores.

I personally wouldn't use the one you mentioned on my hair. I would use it on my skin maybe, but not hair. Just my opinion though.

tigr
May 30th, 2011, 02:38 PM
i was rewding the labels and it reads
"aloe vera gel"
Compare to Bannana boat green aloe vera gel"
"made with pure aloe vera,cools and soothes skin" the brand is up&up (a target brand)

INGREDIANTS: water,aloe barbadensis leaf juice,glycerin,polysorbate-20,triethanolamine,carbomer,diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropnyl Butycarbamate,benzophenone-4,FD&C yellow#5,fragraqce.

it doesnt sound like 100% aloe vera gel but is it safe to use what do you think/ reccomend :gabigrin: thanks!
Those labels are so tricky. The way the word "pure" is used, for example. That doesn't mean the product is 100% aloe vera. They mean that *the portion of the product that is aloe is pure aloe* (and not something else).

I wouldn't use it. It could be 50% water, 25% aloe, 23% glycerin and 2% that other stuff.

I found the kind I use at the health food store. It's 98% aloe and 2% preservatives. Preservatives are fine with me; this way I can leave the gel on the counter. Earlier this year, I bought some aloe gel that had no preservatives (100% aloe). I had to keep it in the refridgerator, and it only lasted 2 weeks.