PDA

View Full Version : 'Cone free?

Lux88
May 28th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Hey all,
Just wondering about this whole 'cone free thing.. I'm guessing this means 'silicones' ... how so I find silicone free shampoo and conditioner? can anyone reccomend some good (and hopefully moderately priced) ones?

I'm in Ontario, Canada.. so they'd need to be ones I could find at Shopper's Drugmart, Sally's Beauty Supply, Wal Mart... or other stores that are around here.

Also, how will going 'cone free help my hair? Just wondering what the benefits are? Thanks :)

Copasetic
May 28th, 2011, 06:24 PM
If you go into "Conventional Products and Accessories" there is a giant thread with a list of cone-free shampoos and conditioners. A lot of people use Suave Naturals. Some companies are even advertising as "cone-free" now, like the new Tresseme Naturals products.

Going cone-free won't necessarily help your hair. A lot of people achieve more manageable, healthy hair by going cone-free, but just as many have terrible results by going cone-free. You just have to try it and see if your hair takes well to it.

jojo
May 28th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I like either im not fussy but conefree makes my hair fuller and doesn't weight my hair down like cones do. If your hair is damaged though conefree will not cover it as cones do.

Theres no right or wrong, go by what your hair looks and feels like rather than jumping on the cones are evil train! and welcome to LHC

gthlvrmx
May 28th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Um, Garnier Triple Nutrition Conditioner and Suave Natural line are no-cone. Suave is cheap :)

Lux88
May 29th, 2011, 07:55 AM
JoJo: Interesting - so cones help cover up damage? Maybe I should stick with cones for now then until I grow my hair out a bit more... as my length is currently slightly to moderately damaged (from non stop heat until a couple of weeks ago, and bleaching about a year ago)... so maybe for now I will continue to use cones to help smooth that damage over a bit. Thanks for the advice!