PDA

View Full Version : Doo Gro Stimulating Growth Oil

QueenJoey
May 28th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I was just at Sally's Beauty Supply and I found the product mentioned in the title. It cost about 5$, and I've already heard some stuff about it, so I bought it. It doesn't smell awful, and it is really light like the label says, but it's very runny. Does anyone know if it will do what it says? It says on the front:

*promotes strong, healthy growing hair
*botanical oil, vitamin & pure herb formula
*helps eliminate flaking, dandruff $ itching
*tames frizzies
*adds shine

I was impressed by the ingredients, which were:

mineral oil, sweet almond oil, meadowfoam seed oil, shea butter, retinol (vitamin A),ergocaliferol (vitamin D), tocopherol (vitamin E), matricaria extract, goldenseed extract, hops extract, soap bark extract, wheat germ oil, cherry bark extract, calendula extract, henna extract, horsetail plant extract, saflower oil, lanolin oil, propylparaben, fragrance, (parfum), D&C yellow #11, O&C red #17

Has anyone else tried this stuff? I couldn't find any reviews here.

I'll keep you posted on my experiences with this product

gthlvrmx
May 28th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I'd immediately say no to that item due to the mineral oil as it's first main ingredient. Baby oil (which has mineral oil in it) only gave me splits.

ALYSSA
May 28th, 2011, 06:53 PM
i ahve tried it. pre-LHC and i wanted long hair so bad so i bought just abought every doo-gro pruduct and honestly i DOESNT work. i wasted my money. the only thing that it actua;;y did like the bottle says it would do is detangle my hair..that's it i was very upset. it may work for you every one is different but i was unhappy with it. i tried it for a few months almost a year and soaw no amazing growth i stopped using it when i found LHC :) thats when i started to see my hair transform and saw some REAL growth...all in all i tried it, and it doesnt work

mustpannkook
May 29th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Mineral oil is quite useless for hair... I personally wouldn't put it in my hair. If you bought it you could use it as a wood polisher, though...

ALYSSA
May 29th, 2011, 12:47 AM
hahahahaha that was so funny!

jojo
May 29th, 2011, 02:26 AM
i ahve tried it. pre-LHC and i wanted long hair so bad so i bought just abought every doo-gro pruduct and honestly i DOESNT work. i wasted my money. the only thing that it actua;;y did like the bottle says it would do is detangle my hair..that's it i was very upset. it may work for you every one is different but i was unhappy with it. i tried it for a few months almost a year and soaw no amazing growth i stopped using it when i found LHC :) thats when i started to see my hair transform and saw some REAL growth...all in all i tried it, and it doesnt work

exact same experience and the mineral oil content :tmi: big no

Mannaz
May 29th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Yea I agree with the others, everything else on the INCI looks good but I'm afraid the mineral oil makes all the good stuff kinda useless...

lorelai2012
May 29th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Will stay away from mineral oils then! Never realised they were so bad. I remember a mixed-ethnicity girl at my uni used it as a detangler as someone mentioned.