PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Know What To DO!!! Bangs!

trillcat
May 28th, 2011, 05:42 PM
My former bangs are now are at shoulder length.
I do not know what to do with them!!!!
I went out today, I swooped them back in a Farrah kind of deal it looked great!
For about 5 minutes and the wind made me look like a sad hippy with flat hair on top, nothing good. If this is my look now, well, damn.
I am going to be fat face ugly forever, no matter my hair. :(:(

Olyve
May 28th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Mine have just reached chin and I am at a loss of what to do with them!!

I am watching this thread. :flower: Wish i could help.

Sascha888
May 28th, 2011, 09:00 PM
chin length or shoulder length...well especially shoulder length, your bangs should be pretty much be grown out where they aren't bugging you. Probably best to wear your hair down with your bangs. I can't remember what all I did when my bangs grew out. I know I put them back in a clip for awhile. When they got chin length I was sooo excited they were out of my eyes and past my cheeks. I also don't exactly know what you're asking, or what you're wanting to do with them ..cut them or not cut them..lol I haven't had bangs since i was about 17. I'd never go back to cutting them...lol

UltraBella
May 28th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Trillcat, do you wear your hair parted and if so, where does it fall ? I always turned my grown out bangs into side swept ones or blended them into my layers.
If you take a pic so I can see what you have, I can make better suggestions !
You are not fat face ugly, EVER !

whitestiletto
May 28th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I have really long awkward bangs in front (thanks a lot, salon that gave me a mullet disaster!) and the only thing I can do that makes them look good is the "Snooki"... I know it sounds awful because it's on TV, but if you just use two bobby pins to pull the bangs back, it actually looks really pretty or glamorous. You can wear the rest of your hair down or up with this. I do it and ponytail my hair all the time, and it looks like a regular ponytail.
Example: http://www.glamour.com/images/fashionbeauty/2007/10/fasl01_bangs.jpg

You can also braid them to the side if you are feeling brave.
Example: http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/kaelan/Photo28.jpg

trillcat
May 29th, 2011, 07:54 PM
The fat face comment, I have a round face, it is annoying, and with these former bangs, it is not at all a good look. A glass or two (or 4) of wine and I was having a fine ole pity party.
I am better now.
I did try the side swoop, it does offset the round face better, but they wont stay side swooped and it all falls into my face, it falls into my face middle parted, all falling into face, all the time, lol.
I thought growing out the pixie was annoying!
How do you get any kind of volume on the top of the head? It would look so much better if it did not get so flat. I have total triangle head, and a round face, I should have paid more attention in geometry class, I could be able to solve this. :)

ETA: My natural part is a middle part, it does take to a side part on the left side of my head without too much of a struggle. Right side, no way.

christine1989
May 29th, 2011, 08:04 PM
I love the side swoop idea! I used to do this all the time when I had long, grown out bangs. Clipping them so they stay swept across the forehead is another way to distract from having an overly round face. I find that a deep side part gives the best volume as well as taking a brush or comb and brushing upside down (this coming from the person with the roundest, fattest face on LHC :laugh:.)

spidermom
May 29th, 2011, 08:26 PM
A lace braid that starts above one ear and continues above the forehead to the other ear is a good way to deal with growing-out bangs, I've discovered. A lace braid is done just like a french braid, except you only add hair from the face side of the 3 strands.

nena_shawty
May 29th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Trillcat, do you wear your hair parted and if so, where does it fall ? I always turned my grown out bangs into side swept ones or blended them into my layers.
If you take a pic so I can see what you have, I can make better suggestions !
You are not fat face ugly, EVER !

Yea , thats what i do,in fact im growing out my bangs right now i like them to about chin lenghth or shorter that way i can side sweep them and i like how it looks. I like it to look like it does in my profile picture. Other than that im afraid i couldtn help much . Sorry:-(

sarahbrownie
May 29th, 2011, 10:24 PM
It use to be in a ford models hair tutorial but I couldn't find it on youtube. What I do, since I'm growing out my bangs, is do a dutch braid headband or just a bit on the side. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYLzwmqCwiE

share801
May 30th, 2011, 12:45 AM
I used headbands all the time.

spike316
May 30th, 2011, 01:32 AM
I used headbands all the time. Seconded, I bought a buttload of them made from ribbons on etsy for relatively cheap. ^_^

Sooze
May 30th, 2011, 01:41 AM
I do the sideswept thing too, and clip mine into place while my hair is drying. If I take the clip out after about half an hour, they generally stay in place pretty well. I have a natural centre parting but for sideswept for me it works better as a right-to-left parting (if that makes sense?)

julliams
May 30th, 2011, 04:55 AM
It use to be in a ford models hair tutorial but I couldn't find it on youtube. What I do, since I'm growing out my bangs, is do a dutch braid headband or just a bit on the side. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYLzwmqCwiE

Thanks for the link to this video. I just watched a bunch of them and found them very helpful. There are some great styles there.

trillcat
May 30th, 2011, 05:34 AM
A lace braid that starts above one ear and continues above the forehead to the other ear is a good way to deal with growing-out bangs, I've discovered. A lace braid is done just like a french braid, except you only add hair from the face side of the 3 strands.
I cannot lace braid. I have tried, tried, and tried again. My fingers refuse to do what I want them to do. I end up aggravated and shaking my head like a wet dog.

Venefica
May 30th, 2011, 05:45 AM
My suggestion is to do accent braids with them. braid the former bangs into a few thin braids on each side of your head, you can even add a bead or two. I am sure that would look very pretty.

trillcat
May 30th, 2011, 06:15 AM
My suggestion is to do accent braids with them. braid the former bangs into a few thin braids on each side of your head, you can even add a bead or two. I am sure that would look very pretty.
You would think it, and it should, but it does not look good! (Oh yes, I have tried that) I end up looking like I got braided at a beach in Jamaica, Hey look, white girl with silly braids alert!! ( I hope to gosh that was not offensive, but that is how I look with the bang bangs braided)