PDA

View Full Version : Which type of henna?

alxardnax
May 28th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Hi,
I am debating between hennaing for either
1) an auburn color
or
2) a darker cherry coke red

My hair is medium brown. What type of henna would I use for each of the reds I am deciding between. I read about Jamila, Yemeni, Morrocan, etc. but I am still unsure.

Thanks!

Ann Marie
June 4th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Hi,
I am debating between hennaing for either
1) an auburn color
or
2) a darker cherry coke red

My hair is medium brown. What type of henna would I use for each of the reds I am deciding between. I read about Jamila, Yemeni, Morrocan, etc. but I am still unsure.

Thanks!

Depends on you skin tone...i think Cherry red would be good if you were a "cool color" and auburn if your skin was more golden or olive...Check the veins on your wrist....if they are green...you are warm....if they are blue...you are cool...

I have dark ash blonde hair...my skin looks a bit warm...but more on the cool side....I am more neutral...I am thinking of trying Yemeni for a cooler red...
Hold up some true reds to your face...and some copper reds...and see what flatters you...(anything of these colors) I use shirts from my closet! ;)

Hope this helps! It's late and I am getting sleepy!:o

Amber_Maiden
June 6th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I'd say go with the Moroccan. My friends who use it have a beautiful colour :)

theodora
June 6th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Depends on you skin tone...i think Cherry red would be good if you were a "cool color" and auburn if your skin was more golden or olive...Check the veins on your wrist....if they are green...you are warm....if they are blue...you are cool...

I had never heard this before, but it makes a lot of sense, I can never figure out whether I have a warm or cool colouring and my veins look really blue-green. This vein thing is so weird and fascinating!