PDA

View Full Version : hairloss with unusual large pieces of scalp on it

BlackPearl
May 28th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Yeah,as the title says,I am loosing hair that have big pieces of scalp on top and so I wonder why that is :( Since 5/6 years I have the feeling that I am loosing more hair than other people and I thought maybe there is a connection to this problem.Can it be that my scalp is to dry or something like that?!

MonaLisa
May 28th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I'm not big fan of doctors, or well paying them a visit when it not really needed, but in this case, i think you should see a doctor, if nothing...to exclude some skin issues or problems....or get it fixed...

After that you could consider if it's just dry scalp or wrong products/routine...

Your hair is important to you, since you're on this forum...it's the least you can do..

BlackPearl
May 28th, 2011, 04:12 PM
I did a normal blood test once,but everything was ok..
I wash my hair every other day, but I have to do that because my hair gets very oily at the end of the second day and starts to itch and I loose more hair if I do not wash^^

MonaLisa
May 28th, 2011, 04:16 PM
good your blood work was ok :) but i meant more like...a dermatologist? to just check your scalp...just in case, you know :)

every second day is a lot to me, but everyone's different..
hmm do you use a mild shampoo? have you tried changing it to find one that works best?
what else you put on your scalp apart from shampoo?
and did you try massages?

torrilin
May 28th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Scalp as in you were bleeding? If so, see a doctor right away, because there's no way that's healthy. If you mean hunks of dried skin... probably not super healthy either. If you mean tiny flakes of dried skin like they show in dandruff commercials, that's relatively normal. Sometimes it's product build up, sometimes it is due to dry skin, and sometimes it's just larger than normal chunks of sebum.

selderon
May 28th, 2011, 05:28 PM
I've seen this this. A guy I know has got dandruff something fierce and when he sheds hairs, they often have dry bits of scalp skin attached.

About how many hairs do you shed each day? Are you seeing dandruff too? What's your hair care routine (include product names and amounts if you can, as well as approximate water temperature)?

Copasetic
May 28th, 2011, 06:28 PM
What do you mean by pieces of scalp? Can you post a picture so we have a better idea?

And, does it hurt, or does it itch? Does your hair look noticeably thinner than it did, say, a month ago?

BlackPearl
May 29th, 2011, 11:50 AM
@MonaLisa A year ago I used to wash my hair every day, so now I am kind of proud that I managed to strech it on washing it every other day :-) I already thought of going to a dermatologist,maybe I will go there within the next weeks. But I have a family doctor wich I talked to about the problem (that is when I did the blood test..) and he does not seem to really care for it :-( but i think I need transfer from my family doctor to the dermatologist,otherwise I have to pay much money on it, isn´t it like that?
(Hope you understand what I mean, its kind of dificult for me to explain it in english^^)
@torrilin Don´t worry its not really that bad, I am not bleeding or anything ;-) They look like drandruff( haha,I had to google that,never heard that word before xD), but the funny thing is I don´t have any drandruffs on the surface,they are just their when my hair falls out.
@selderon I would really like to know how many hair I shed each day,but I don´t think it is possible for me to count it, I often use hair without noticing it^^ but sometimes there are so many hairs on my jacket that I have to ask a friend to remove them:-(
@copesatic As a newbie I can not post pictures I think? My scalp sometimes hurts when I toss my hair from one direction in the other one or loose a bun that was a little bit too tight,but I think that is because I have so few hair..

Tiina
May 29th, 2011, 12:03 PM
@MonaLisa A year ago I used to wash my hair every day, so now I am kind of proud that I managed to strech it on washing it every other day :-) I already thought of going to a dermatologist,maybe I will go there within the next weeks. But I have a family doctor wich I talked to about the problem (that is when I did the blood test..) and he does not seem to really care for it :-( but i think I need transfer from my family doctor to the dermatologist,otherwise I have to pay much money on it, isnīt it like that?
(Hope you understand what I mean, its kind of dificult for me to explain it in english^^)
@torrilin Donīt worry its not really that bad, I am not bleeding or anything ;-) They look like drandruff( haha,I had to google that,never heard that word before xD), but the funny thing is I donīt have any drandruffs on the surface,they are just their when my hair falls out.
@selderon I would really like to know how many hair I shed each day,but I donīt think it is possible for me to count it, I often use hair without noticing it^^ but sometimes there are so many hairs on my jacket that I have to ask a friend to remove them:-(
@copesatic As a newbie I can not post pictures I think? My scalp sometimes hurts when I toss my hair from one direction in the other one or loose a bun that was a little bit too tight,but I think that is because I have so few hair..

You can upload images on photobucket or some similar site and post a link to the picture here. Do you have any red (or otherwise unusual) patches on your scalp?

MonaLisa
May 29th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Get a paper from your regular doctor, and then go see a dermatologist as soon as possible. My honest recommendation :)

Meanwhile you could try ACV rinse, it did soothe my itching scalp a bit ( tho not yet completely)
I also soaked it in castor oil - EVOO mix...to fight the possible dryness.

Have you tried anti-dandruff shampoo?
Which shampoo you use??

beez1717
May 29th, 2011, 08:43 PM
It depends on what you mean by "pieces of scalp". If it is LARGE chunks then it could indicate a real issue but if not it could be just really bad dandruff or dermatitis. Who knows? Get it checked out and let us know what you learn!