PDA

View Full Version : Hair accident

MonaLisa
May 28th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Sigh...i can't believe what just happened...
I prepared my hot wax....in the bathroom...and i leaned down to get something..and guess what...:(

so instant, probably stupid reaction was to wash it...with cold water...right...so now i have a strand of hair covered in wax...
to make it worse...it's in the front...and up to...chin...

I won't be so dumb to ask for help/solution...i know scissors is most probably the only option....but well..better to ask before, than after...
:(:(

Ishje
May 28th, 2011, 05:24 AM
oh no, I am sorry :(
maybe it helps to put it in hot water?

kyandii
May 28th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Does this help? http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_get_wax_out_of_your_hair

seems oil will get it out. :)

Gypsygirl
May 28th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Hey girl! Been there, done that... ;) Alcohol is #1 at getting wax off. You'll have to work at it, though, and it's not great for your hair. You can also use lotion or oil. Any type of oil will do. No matter what, don't panic and chop your hair off!!! I've done this more than once...I tend not to put my hair up out of sheer laziness and wham... ;) I usually soak a cotton ball with alcohol and rub it over the wax. Then I douse it with oil and comb through (using a fine tooth comb or lash comb). I remove the excess lotion with a towel- and don't rinse it off for a few hours. Then I simply wash my hair with my regular shampoo...wax is all gone. :)

MonaLisa
May 28th, 2011, 05:43 AM
:grouphug:

and i was already starting to mourn it.....

you guys are awesome, im again so glad to be here..

Ima try it with alcohol and olive oil...phewww :) what a relief!

I figured - wax is for removing hair, and stuck in my hair completely hard....and went all emo...

Gypsygirl
May 28th, 2011, 05:53 AM
You might want to warm the whole mess up using a blowdryer or hot water first if the wax is very stiff and cold. You'll be ok! :grouphug:

Dragon
May 28th, 2011, 06:01 AM
I have herd of using oil and combing it out but apparently it does take awhile. Good luck getting it out.

kitten1986
May 28th, 2011, 06:17 AM
I have also done this before but it was my eyebrow length blunt fringe when I was waxing my eyebrows. DONT cut it out and DONT panic!
Just sit down in front of the tv and massage oil into it it will take a while but I promise it works, try to be gentle and your hair will recover :)
Dont bother with the hairdryer it will just make it a sticky mess.
Good Luck

jackie_brown
May 28th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Oh dear i'm very sorry :(
You can try with oil or something based on paraffinum liquidum...
Yes, i know that it's a ****, but i always use it to clean the wax warmer and the wood spatula after the depilation and it hands every wax residue away. ;)
Try and let us know
kiss

PianoPlaye
May 28th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Yikes! What an awful situation. :eek:
However, my suggestion of oil has already been covered.
How's it going? :couch:

woolyleprechaun
May 28th, 2011, 06:44 AM
oil works well, so does alcohol. you can get weird oily wipes for removing wax residue off your skin, perhaps you can give them a go if you can find some? Also, those little gritty wipes that remove dye stains from your hairline have similar ingredients. You can get both from your chemists usualy. Good luck! xx

MonaLisa
May 28th, 2011, 07:27 AM
i used a bit of alcohol, and nothing much happened, then i used olive oil, tons of it...and blow dryer on max heat....then as u said, just patiently played with it with my fingers and it started to come off... some of the hairs broke, not as many as i expected tho, not that bad rly...when it was all better i used a comb..and eventually all came off and i washed with with conditioner! :)

thank you so much! when i posted this...i really thought it's bye bye hair....
love you guys!

Krentje
May 28th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Glad you got it fixed!

Gypsygirl
May 28th, 2011, 10:04 AM
So happy for you! :)

battles
May 28th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Definitely better to ask than to chop! :)

Annibelle
May 28th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I'm soooo glad it worked out! And now you know to put your hair up next time. ;)

princess03
May 28th, 2011, 11:50 AM
thank goodness you were able to save your pretty hair!

skyblue
May 28th, 2011, 12:11 PM
baby oil works on my skin so I'm thinking that it will loosen the wax so you can comb it out
fingers crossed! ;)

jojo
May 28th, 2011, 12:22 PM
try peanut butter straight on the affected area, it gets rid of chewing gum in hair so worth a go!

Slinks
May 28th, 2011, 06:16 PM
lol, glad all went well !!! eucalyptus oil is another good oil to use too ..

Cowgirl16
May 28th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I'm so glad it all worked out for you. What a great bunch of suggestions:)

Dragon
May 28th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I am glad you managed to get it out :)

MonaLisa
May 28th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Thank you! :)

I started thinking of the damage I probaby made there and then just stopped, feeling more than happy, because it could have been so much worse!
Actually had tears comming :couch: while i thought there's no help!:o

jojo
May 29th, 2011, 03:56 AM
see you managed to get it out phew!