PDA

View Full Version : Never give up

MonaLisa
May 27th, 2011, 07:14 PM
This is perhaps a pointless thread...and also a way to say thank you:)

I always loved long hair, but i never 'had time' or interest to learn how to take care of it...until i got to the point where i could actually lose it.
Taking things for granted is such a bad characteristic of us humans...

I asked for a flat iron for my birthday, dyed it regularly, black over bleach...etc..blow fried it a lot so i can go out as fast as possible.. cut layers, had it thinned out to the point it looked ridiculous ( not my decision tho)...
It still had it's good days, with cones i believe and who knows how..

Black dye sometimes made me shed a lot...and last time...in september 2010, it was insane...together with autumn shed and the stress i've been going through...i started to lose handfuls of hair...I had another thing which made me occupied and much more sad...and stressed, so i had no desire to deal with it...
It lost much volume, all of its shine and quite a lot of thickness...began to see scalp with stronger lights...and i felt terrible..

But well, not everything is black...this thing made me start searching for natural ways to stop shed...to grow thicker...to take care of my hair, and eventually brought me here...

Also at the time I found forums I was somewhere at waist, took me like 4-5 months to actually join and when I posted first picture, i was told I'm at hip :) so that extra emergency care did more than just stop the shedding..

Changed my routines so much, and am still learning...and i wanna say thank you for all the great advice and such warm and supporting company in here :o
So many great people it really makes this world a nicer place!
Sending love to you all!

Here's some old pics, best I could find since i weren't taking proper hair pics.
I'm never going blonde again, would love black but not with chemical dye ever....and I'm still undecided ..bangs vs no bangs...id appreciate opinions.
http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/album.php?albumid=7933

dragonchickx
May 27th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Congrats!! Its nice to hear good stories. I did some bad things to my hair back in the day, Dye, Thinning, Flat iron everyday.... yeah stopped all of that though, and I am happy as ever.

spidermom
May 27th, 2011, 07:34 PM
I wanted long hair since elementary school but was too impulsive. I finally acquired patience in my mid-40s and am thankful it wasn't not too late for me to grow long hair.

jojo
May 27th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I too always wanted very long hair, ive had shoulder to bsl most of my life but always wanted hair which I liked but I always wanted hair long enough to sit on. My hair in the past was terribly damaged due to dye on dye, daily straightening and blowfrying. I joined here after growing out from a short pixie/bob kind of cut that was all virgin, although I have hennaered since my hair is the healthiest and longest its ever been. It is now just passing waist, slowly but surely and hopefully in a few years I will have reached my dream hair, at the grand age of 45/46! better late than never!

MonaLisa
May 27th, 2011, 08:05 PM
jojo - congrats! and i love the fringe on you! was a good choice!

spidermom - i'm thankful too that it wasn't too late and that you decided to go long.. i can't even imagine you different..such amazing hair!

dragonchick - thanks :) hope we stay happy and natural :)