PDA

View Full Version : Tada!!! Successful experiment

Fillette
June 19th, 2008, 08:47 AM
So yesterday I achieved the best hair I have ever had!!!
I finally tried oiling and got a BBB. I was always reluctant to brush my hair (wiht ANY type of brush) because it would create a puffy mess. I used to finger-comb only. Boy was I wrong!!! So here is what I did...

I put my hair up in a high ponytail and saturated my ends with a mixture of my Suave conditioner and some EVOO. I put a plastic bag over the ends to keep them from dripping and so the heat would help moisturize them. I left it in for about an hour. Then, I used a paper towel to soak up the excess of product in my hair. I removed the ponytail holder, took my BBB and started gently brushing the ends of my hair. I started moving slowing towards my scalp, brushing a couple inches higher after a couple of strokes.

By the time I was done, I had moisturized, shiny hair. My curls had relaxed a little bit and I was left with smooth waves and loose curls. No more fluff!!!My DBF came over so we could watch a movie and the first thing he noticed was how beautiful/shiny my hair was :eyebrows:. I am soooo excited. :cheese:

Special thanks to all who encouraged me to start oiling (especially Spidermom;)). I bought the Softee coconut oil jar but it was too waxy and heavy for me. I will keep looking for some pure coconut oil. In the mean time, I have some EVOO at home so I am using that. At first I had a hard time with smell of EVOO but mixing it with my condish really helped.
I will keep experimenting with this method and will try to take pictures of my hair this weekend.

I just had to share this experience. I am so happy I could cry!!!

sweetlidlred
June 19th, 2008, 09:13 AM
That is wonderful, I am so thrilled you found something that works for your hair. I am still trying out different oils, etc.

Elainehali
June 19th, 2008, 09:30 AM
That's great!

How long did the process take?

Fillette
June 19th, 2008, 10:41 AM
It took me about 5 minutes to mix the condish and EVOO, put my hair up, saturate the ends with the mixture and put a plastice bag over them. I left the product in for an hour and then spend about 10 minutes brushing my hair. So a total of about 1 hour 15minutes.

This was my first time so I am sure that next time, it won't take this long...

missy60
June 19th, 2008, 10:42 AM
It also a good idea to gently comb using a wide tooth comb before using a BBB if you have thick hair, which it seems you do from your pic. I wish I could use EVOO on a regular basis because my hair just loves it. It just clings to my fine hair though and I cant get it to wash out until after the second or third washing. I can get similar results with almond oil though and it seems to wash out better in my hair. Which reminds me I have been out of it for a while now I need to repurchase some.

Kirin
June 19th, 2008, 11:47 AM
though i like softee cholesterol, the "coconut oil" is full of mineral oil. I finally found coconut oil at walmart in the vitimin section, a big 1lb tub. Sadly my hair hates coconut oil lol, figures.

suicides_eve
June 19th, 2008, 01:55 PM
o congratulations on your successful hair experiment