PDA

View Full Version : Re-typing my hair, Please help!

PiroskaCicu
May 27th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Hi everyone! :) I'm sorry, I know these "hair typing" posts are not usually liked...but I really need help! I am confused about my hair type, even after such a long time, and multiple attempts at getting advice.

So I decided to finally wash my hair, let it completely air dry, and I did not touch it at all. No combing, no brushing, no scrunching. This is how my hair turned out. It's a LOT wavier than I expected, because I always detangle/comb my hair when it's wet ( i know, i'm bad :p).

Which type is this? 1c? 2a? 2b? :confused: All 3 depending on what I do? :p

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk228/_peacefulwarrior/DSC_8119.jpg
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk228/_peacefulwarrior/DSC_8117.jpg
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk228/_peacefulwarrior/DSC_8116.jpg
Thanks so much in advance! :flower:

Roseate
May 27th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I'm sorry, I know these "hair typing" posts are not usually liked...but I really need help!

Aw, people don't like them? Silly people, looking at hair is fun!

I say 2a. Loose waves all over, very pretty!

pepperminttea
May 27th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I like these posts too. :) I'd go with 2A.

Anje
May 27th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Looks like 2a to me. Really awesome, perfect-looking waves, too!

PiroskaCicu
May 27th, 2011, 12:41 PM

Thank you Roseate!

I like these posts too. :) I'd go with 2A.

I'm glad you like these kind of posts. I was kind of scared that others are annoyed by them, not sure why. :o Thanks for your input! :)

Looks like 2a to me. Really awesome, perfect-looking waves, too!

Thanks Anje! :)

spidermom
May 27th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I'll go along with 2A. Your hair reminds me of Amoretti.

PiroskaCicu
May 27th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Thank you spidermom!

LeaM07
May 27th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Very pretty waves... and so tame, for being untouched! I vote 2a also. :)

PiroskaCicu
May 27th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Very pretty waves... and so tame, for being untouched! I vote 2a also. :)

Thanks LeaM07! :)

jojo
May 27th, 2011, 08:07 PM
2A without a shadow of a doubt and very pretty too

EvaSimone
May 27th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I vote 2a and I always like hair typing threads. You have very pretty hair!

The only time they get tedious is when someone mentions that they blow dried and brushed their hair and can you please tell me my type?!?!?! All while showing their blow dried and brushed hair while giving you a written description of what it looks like when they don't manipulate it all to heck. :lol: Then it gets a bit old.

But when hair typing is done right I find it fun! :)

MissManda
May 27th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Yep, you're definitely a 2a! :flower:

I find hair typing threads very interesting. I love seeing other members' hair in its natural state and learning about the different types and how they behave.

alyanna
May 27th, 2011, 10:03 PM

I say 2a too. And I agree! I always look at the hairtyping posts. I like them and I think I may post one of my own soon :D

xoxophelia
May 27th, 2011, 10:29 PM
I personally would have said 1c/2a since what you have is still what I consider a loose body wave and because it looks similar to the other 1c/2a pictures I found on the net.

I left mine as 2a I think but I consider myself inbetween straight and wavy since it so easily behaves as either. Hair can confusing.. o.o

Lilli
May 28th, 2011, 06:59 AM
2a. Beautiful!

Mine won't do that wave all over even when totally untouched - just underneath - so I stick at 1c.

Firefly
May 28th, 2011, 07:25 AM

I agree! Who of us here doesn't like looking at hair?? LOL

I would say 1c for your hair though. If you are a 2a, I need to re-evaluate my typing!( I find it confusing as well, so you're not alone.:o)

Anyway, beautiful hair, whatever the type!

Lilli
May 28th, 2011, 07:34 AM
I agree! Who of us here doesn't like looking at hair?? LOL

I would say 1c for your hair though. If you are a 2a, I need to re-evaluate my typing!( I find it confusing as well, so you're not alone.:o)

Anyway, beautiful hair, whatever the type!

As someone who started life as a 1a and fought my way to 1c via four pregnancies, I am very possessive of my 1c partial waviness. Here you go:

1c - straight with body wave and one or two visible S-waves (e.g. nape of neck or temples)

This is mine - body wave on the sides, S-waves on the back.

2a - loose, stretched out S-waves throughout the hair

This is the OP's hair - S-waves throughout.

Firefly
May 28th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Okay, I guess I'm having trouble then distinguishing between "body wave" and "S waves"... I was thinking the OPs hair looked more like body wave. Ack! Definitely time to re-assess my own type. But I'll start a separate thread for that. Sorry for the slight hijack, OP!

Lilli
May 28th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Okay, I guess I'm having trouble then distinguishing between "body wave" and "S waves"... I was thinking the OPs hair looked more like body wave. Ack! Definitely time to re-assess my own type. But I'll start a separate thread for that. Sorry for the slight hijack, OP!

Body wave means it gives you body b/c it is not hanging straight and sleek, but it doesn't look wavy. My hair is almost APL, and in my side panels, it has 1-2 bends in the whole length, so it doesn't hang down, but it doesn't look wavy, either.