PDA

View Full Version : Olive Oil and Hair Dye

newbeginning
May 27th, 2011, 06:30 AM
I've searched the forums but got no results. I was wondering if any of the members here had any experience with olive oil and hair dye and if the olive oil caused their hair dye to fade. Thanks to this board I've started using olive oil in my dyed (I know, I know) hair but I can't tell if the oil is fading my dye or not.

Gwen
May 27th, 2011, 06:32 AM
When I had bleached blond hair I used EVOO and had no issues... And I REALLY soaked my hair in it for a good two hours (not that long). I didn't have any issues with discoloration. But now that I have low-lights I'm curious as to what the oil will do as well! Good quesiton!

Gwen

jojo
May 27th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Years ago I accidently dyed my hair black (was meant to be medium brown) and I rang the hair dye company nice and Easy who advised me to soak my hair in olive oil to hellp fade it. So thats what I did and it worked, it didnt get it all out but faded it to a more suitable brown. Head and shoulders shampoo does the same.

UltraBella
May 27th, 2011, 08:22 AM
It doesn't effect my color at all.

honeyblonde
May 27th, 2011, 08:32 AM
No, it has no effect on my color either. I saturate my hair with olive oil everytime I bleach! I see a lot of growth from March - May.....must be working!! Still don't need a trim! :cheese:

newbeginning
May 29th, 2011, 07:30 AM
On a related note does anyone know of any type of oil that does not fade hair dye?

prof-annie
May 29th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I use almond oil once a week and my colour doesn't fade between touch ups.

littlenvy
May 29th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Olive oil is colour safe. Its coconut oil that may fade dye in some cases. :)