PDA

View Full Version : If you daily condition, tell me more!!

shikara
May 27th, 2011, 12:23 AM
I've noticed that there are a number of people who condition their hair daily. If this is you, I would like to hear more. What made you think it would be a good idea to do this for your hair, what are your results, how do you do it, what about build-up, and any helpful hints you might have!!!

christine1989
May 27th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Wait....there are people here who don't condition daily? :laugh: Seriously though, I think the majority of people here use some type of conditioning product each time they wash. I myself vanquished nasty buildup by going cone free and switching to a leave in conditioner that I apply in small amounts only from the ears down.

Olyve
May 27th, 2011, 03:51 AM
what are your results: soft shiny hair that is not as frizzy.

how do you do it: I switched to CO and do it every day to every 2-3 days. I leave the conditioner on for 10-30 minutes, wet hair with water from a mister, massage for 5-7 mins, put shower cap on and lounge, then hop in the shower and do what needs to be done, then rinse rinse rinse for a good 10 minutes.

what about build-up: I clarify once a week or every other week, I do not use cones.

Sundial
May 27th, 2011, 03:56 AM
I have to use conditioner each time I wash - CWC, SC, CO, it doesn't matter as long as I condition each time my hair gets wet.

I have tried stretching washes but it was quite a failure. My ends dry out when I stay away from washing for too long so I tend to wash at least 5 times a week. I use cone free stuff and buildup hasn't been a problem because I switch up my washing methods whenever I feel like it

jojo
May 27th, 2011, 06:39 AM
I use oil on my ends first thing in the morning and last thing at night, does that count?

Knotted
May 27th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Thanks to CWC my hair has no knots when I get out of the shower now. My hair used to be in tangles (even hairdressers commented how easily it gets knotted) but since starting this it's so easy to run my fingers through it.

vlhxo
May 27th, 2011, 08:08 AM
I CO daily. I've never been able to stretch washes no matter how hard I tried, but I was tired of the frizz I was constantly battling so I went to daily co-washing. I don't even do it the recommended way. I jump in the shower, wet my hair, cover it with conditioner and massage in, then twist it up and clip it to my head with a claw clip while I do my other shower things. Then I take it down and rinse it and voila! I'm done. My results are soft, non-frizzy hair with NO tangles. I have wurly hair but since I switched to CO I rarely run into tangles. I clarify about once a week or once every week and a half, depends on how my hair feels.

Copasetic
May 27th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I didn't start daily conditioning because I thought it would be great for my hair. I like to shower and get my hair wet every day, and I always condition my hair when I get it wet. I've never had an issue with buildup because I wash with an SLS shampoo at least once a week. My hair gets pretty lank and dull if I don't wet it for a few days. Conditioning is a good refresher.

Ashenputtel
May 27th, 2011, 08:46 AM
I don't technically condition daily but I but enough oil on my end to leave a coating. I wash my hair with the exotic nectar shampoo and treatment from live clean and put their oil mix on my wet hair. When it's fully dry I put some coconut, SAO, shea butter or a home mix of the three of them where needed.

I do a sulfate clarifying shampoo every other week (the next shampoo after my coney threatement) and a non sulfate clarifyng shampoo the other week (the one from live clean I see that you are canadian you should check it out).

The benefits for me are less fly away and less breakage since I have fine hair that I used to dye.

I won't condition daily when my hair will be natural.

I'm also trying to stretch my washes to once every three days and then once every four days.

RitaPG
May 27th, 2011, 09:24 AM
I wash my hair two or three times a week, before washing I oil the length, and use a bit of oil after as a leave-in.
And in between wash days I do something similar to the Tightly Curly "Refresh" method. Because my hair is on the fine side, it tends to dry out and tangle more towards the ends, and smoothing my wet hands with a bit of conditioner makes them shiny, soft and less tangled. I do this everyday or every other day.
First I thought it would be a good idea because having conditioner in it helps detangling. I also noticed that my hair barely suffers from breakage these days, and I used to have a lot of split ends, before LHC I trimmed my very broken hair every 3 to 4 months. After joining LHC, I had my last trim in September, and rarely find splits when doing S&D :cloud9:
I haven't noticed any crazy buildup, though.

(I'm sorry if this seems a bit confusing [let me know if it does] English is not my first language) :o

Messyhair
May 27th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I shampoo and condition almost every day, but I never shampoo the length or condition the root. I never seem to get build up. Maybe it's because I change the products I use on a regular basis?

Zesty
May 27th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I've always conditioned my hair daily. I didn't know there were any females with long hair who didn't condition every time they washed, even if that wasn't daily. Now I'm doing CO and it seems to be working pretty well for me so far.

owlathena
May 27th, 2011, 05:30 PM
I CO daily or sometimes every other day. Otherwise my ends get dry. I use a cone-free first and then sometimes a coney condish just on my ends.

meowmeow
May 27th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I wash daily so I condition daily. :) Other than conditioning my hair, I find it helpful for detangling while I'm in the shower.

Ermine
May 27th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I condition every day on the ends. I pretty much have to every time I wash my hair so it won't tangle and isn't too dry.

EmiliaF
May 28th, 2011, 01:42 AM
I use oil on my ends first thing in the morning and last thing at night, does that count?

Me, too! :knit:

caiti42
May 28th, 2011, 02:10 AM
........As do I!

LaceyNg
May 30th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I CO daily. I've never been able to stretch washes no matter how hard I tried, but I was tired of the frizz I was constantly battling so I went to daily co-washing. I don't even do it the recommended way. I jump in the shower, wet my hair, cover it with conditioner and massage in, then twist it up and clip it to my head with a claw clip while I do my other shower things. Then I take it down and rinse it and voila! I'm done. My results are soft, non-frizzy hair with NO tangles. I have wurly hair but since I switched to CO I rarely run into tangles. I clarify about once a week or once every week and a half, depends on how my hair feels.

THIS exactly! and since i CO with 'cone-free condish, i can go 2 weeks or more with out clarifying. and when i DO clarify, i use 1/2 dandruff shampoo, and 1/2 ACV.

i like t oshower daily and wet my hair, and since my ends were already dry, i figured they could use the moisture! seems to be doin the trick!

pcolahairgirl
May 30th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Hi everyone, do any of you use a daily leave-in conditioner everyday that you would recommend? I have very wavy, if not curly, hair and I need something desparately! What works for you besides oil? I do use a bit of coconut oil everyday after I rinse my hair in the morning but I am looking for an actual leave-in that won't weigh down my hair or leave a lot fo build up. Any help? Thanks!

Seeshami
May 30th, 2011, 09:35 PM
I condition before I shampoo. If I do it in the right order my hair does strange things.

Mexibeach
May 31st, 2011, 09:04 AM
Oh my! Not only do I condition daily, I use a huge bottle of conditioner within a 2-week period - and my hair isn't BSL yet!!!

WittyWordsmith
May 31st, 2011, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone, do any of you use a daily leave-in conditioner everyday that you would recommend? I have very wavy, if not curly, hair and I need something desparately! What works for you besides oil? I do use a bit of coconut oil everyday after I rinse my hair in the morning but I am looking for an actual leave-in that won't weigh down my hair or leave a lot fo build up. Any help? Thanks!

Have you tried leaving some in after you wash? I mean getting your hair clean and rinsing, then scrunching some more conditioner into the length (perhaps diluted a bit) and then leaving it there?

That's what I do, and my wavy/wurly hair seems to love it. You may need to experiment some to figure out how much conditioner or if you should dilute it any or rinse off any excess, but once you figure it out, it's awesome.

Safira
May 31st, 2011, 01:30 PM
I've noticed that there are a number of people who condition their hair daily. If this is you, I would like to hear more. What made you think it would be a good idea to do this for your hair, what are your results, how do you do it, what about build-up, and any helpful hints you might have!!!

It adds moisture, softens and help me to comb my hair. I use Alba Botanica leave-in. It has natural ingrendients and coconut oil. No silicones.

gogirlanime
May 31st, 2011, 02:45 PM
I believe it's very important to condition daily because my hair can get very dry, especially now that summer is here. I have really fine and color/heat damaged hair so I have to take care of the bottom half of it till I grow it out and trim it. Build-up really only occurs with certain ingredients like cones and overly oily conditioners or conditioners with too many waxes. If you stick to natural shampoos and conditioners and do an apple cider vinegar rinse every 1-2 weeks, your hair should be fine. Conditioning ensures that your hair is getting the perfect moisturizing and protein treatment balance.

x0h_bother
May 31st, 2011, 03:15 PM
I am a poo and coney conditioner person daily. I only get buildup now that I have extremely hard water, I have to clarify tangles out about once a week with real clarifying poo (shampoo itself does not work).

Fireweed
May 31st, 2011, 03:58 PM
I have used conditioner in place of shampoo for about a year in the past. I washed two times a week. I found I did need to use shampoo at about the 4 to 6 week mark due to build up. At that point I would do one good shampoo wash, and then from there carry on with the conditioner washes. If I tried to go longer then the 4 to 6 week mark, I would have limp hair. I now do CWC every ten days or so, as this seems to work best for me and my hair type.