PDA

View Full Version : Getting nervous for graduation!

christine1989
May 27th, 2011, 12:22 AM
No, I'm not nervous about walking across the stage to get my diploma with hundreds of eyes on me, I'm nervous about my hair! :p I'm doing 2 seperate graduation cerimonies plus a professional graduation picture. That means heat styling my hair 3 times within the frame of two weeks! :( I probobly sound like I'm overreacting (especially to all of you frequent heat stylers) but understand that heat has not touched my hair in over 9 years. My hair is incredibly strong and resilient under almost any conditions but it hates heat. As of now I don't have a single split or damaged end on my head and I want to keep it that way. Unfortunatly I NEED heat because my hair can be a real frizz fest.

My question for all of you heat style savvy is; what steps can I take to minimize the amount of heat damage (and if possible the amount of heat I use)? Any style suggestions that minimize heat use would be welcomed!

HintOfMint
May 27th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Maybe you won't need heat to prevent frizz. Maybe some good product instead? I'm thinking cones and hairspray could be your friends along with pin curls or rollers if you're styling it.

For a recent spring formal, I did pin curls with serum, mousse and a metric-butt-ton of hairspray and it only finally frizzed out in the rain at the END of the night. It survived sweaty and enthusiastic dancing and an initial run through humid drizzly weather early in the evening.

Madora
May 27th, 2011, 08:21 AM
@Christine1989...

You didn't mention how you were going to wear your hair under your graduation cap so I'm kinda at a loss where to start.

However, if heat causes your hair to misbehave, I'd stay away from it.

If I were in your situation, I'd try a small bit of coconut oil (rubbed between the palms then applied down the hair length).

Looking at your hair shots in your album, your hair looks lovely and would look perfectly fine for a graduation ceremony.

If you're worried about tangles, then why not try a half-up?

If you want a bit of curls, then perhaps some extra large rollers (sponge type) on just the last 3 inches of your ends.

Good luck..and congratuations!