PDA

View Full Version : I saw this in a hair care video and im wondering if anyone has tried this?

starbucksaddict
May 26th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Basically she made a DIY leave in conditioner with evoo, conditioner and water. Would this be too much for everyday use?

TheMechaGinger
May 26th, 2011, 01:56 PM
A make a leave-in with conditioner, water, and coconut oil. I tried it with olive oil once and it made my hair greasy but I've found that lighter oils don't

einna
May 26th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I use this. I also put some AVG in it. I have just started using it, but it seems good so far. A bit heavy, so I dont need much, but it makes my ends really soft and moisturised. I use a spray bottle, to get a fine spray over my hair. And you can make it more or less heavy by changing up the amount of the ingredients. A few drops of oil will do for me when I put it in my hair after a shower, but when I touch up just the ends on non wash days, I can use more oil.

spidermom
May 26th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Such a leave-in for my hair would suck the dust and lint out of the air in a three-mile radius and deposit it all in my hair.

skyblue
May 26th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I've used it with no water just the dampness from my hair, I just need to remember that you don't need very much at all

SheaLynne
May 26th, 2011, 03:22 PM
I do this combo on my dd's curly hair. Coconut oil doesn't work in her hair at all, but EVOO is great in it. Do *not* do this in my own straighter hair!

Alaia
May 26th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Such a leave-in for my hair would suck the dust and lint out of the air in a three-mile radius and deposit it all in my hair.

:lol:

Ditto.

You could try a different oil, as EVOO is quite thick and sticky. Jojoba or coconut oil might be nice.

pepperminttea
May 26th, 2011, 03:43 PM
It would be too heavy for my hair, but might work well for someone with coarser or thirstier hair. :) I wouldn't recommend it for everyday use unless you wash your hair near-everyday too. I wash my hair once a week, and using a heavy leave-in every day would be a recipe for build-up for my hair.

starbucksaddict
May 26th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks everyone, i appreciate the feedback, i decided to use coconut oil instead of evoo.:)