PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity that S&Ds!

BrightEyes7
May 26th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I just saw this article about Maria Menounos... It's basically just her giving beauty tips. Nothing super special. Except her first tip...

She S&Ds!! She doesn't call it that of course but she recommends trimming individual hairs that are split.

I just thought it was cool seeing one of our little tips in the mainstream.

Here is a link to the slideshow.
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/hairstyles-beauty/skin-care-makeup/maria-menounos-beauty-weight-loss-interview

Loreley
May 26th, 2011, 01:44 PM
She has nice hair! I did S&D before LHC, although I didn't know it was called that. :p

SpinDance
May 26th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I did S&D long before I found LHC, too. I was so thrilled to learn a cool term for it, though!

BrightEyes7
May 26th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I used to bite my split ends off before LHC (and still sometime do...shhh!) but I don't think that counts! :p

She does have some really nice hair. It looks so pretty in the Pantene commercials, but I'm pretty sure they have some tricks to make their models hair look the way it does. That's what I always used to say, "I want Pantene Pro-V commercial hair!"

Carolyn
May 26th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I read about cutting individual split ends in either Seventeen or Glamour in the early 70s. It's nothing new. However I'd never
heard it called "S & D" until LHC.

ETA: I meant to add it's really cool to hear about a celeb who takes care of her hair instead of relying on extensions.