PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this colour

sunnydays
May 26th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Ok so when i was a child up until 14, i didnt dye my hair but my hair would grow out very very dark brown and then after and inch or 2 would be a golden blonde, has anyone else had this? I cant seem to explain how my hair could grow out one colour and then change, was it the sun that did it? what? Has anyone else this experience?

Since 14 I have been dying my hair so no idea if it would be like this now, i used to have highlights, but now am an all over brown. Can you explain anyone this blonde/golden blonde i had as a child that was so different to my root colour that came out and would it be like that now if i stopped dying?

EDT: Also it was like it underneath as well which obv wouldnt have normally got sun as i had very very curly thick hair

Kristamommyx3
May 26th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Yes! My hair comes in a dark blonde/ light brown, and with sun, it goes blonde. That's actually how I started coloring my hair years ago, because after a long Summer living here in FL, I have very blonde hair and mousy brownish roots.

jojo
May 26th, 2011, 07:02 AM
My natural colour is dark blonde/light brown with a tad of copper in it (i was strawberry blonde as a child) and my hair used to go very light in the sun. Roots always look darker as they havent been exposed to the sun!

All Natural Mom
May 26th, 2011, 07:05 AM
My hair is exactly like yours, kristamommyx3, it comes in a dark blonde/light brown and within weeks it is full of various shades of blonde. My roots and alot of the underneath hair is still a dark blonde. The end of my hair (from about tailbone to knee) are all a very golden blonde from the years of sun exposure.

Annibelle
May 26th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Hm... I don't have this issue... my hair is darkish brown, but I have a patch that grows blonde on the nape of my neck, which has nothing to do with sun exposure. (I didn't even notice it until a could of months ago! But it's only gold for the first few inches-- the older parts of the hairs are BROWN!

metricfuture
May 26th, 2011, 08:01 AM
One of my co-workers has hair exactly like this (she never colors her hair). As these things often go, she hates it, while I think it looks pretty cool.

growingpains
May 26th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Me too! Though my ends don't go "blonde" but just significantly lighten. In fact, I am having a hard time telling if my ends are still dyed (I last used semi perm 2.5 years ago, chemical dye 3 years ago) or if it's more bleached out from the several months I spent laying the sun sun in SE Asia 2 years ago.

I notice this with may children with longer hair also. Those who live in climates where it gets several months of sunny, warm weather tend to get a lightened ends!

A UV protectant and a hat would help prevent this!

PiroskaCicu
May 26th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Yup, it's perfectly normal! My roots are always a medium brown, but gradually turn into golden brown, and the very tips are pretty much dark blonde to light blonde. It's cool! It's from the sun.

Note that currently my hair is dyed, so you can't see this.