PDA

View Full Version : Packed Away The Hairfryer!!

heatherbelle
May 26th, 2011, 05:14 AM
I did it!! I packed up and stored the hairfryer! This was hard for me to do, for years my morning ritual had been to shower, wash hair, makeup and then blowdry and curl my hair. This past Sunday was the start of trying a whole week of NOT using the hairfryer. Well, last night I gave it up for good because my hair already feels so much better, healthier and less, well, fried! :cheese:

Heather

vintage88
May 26th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Congratulations!:D I use mine about once a week at the moment, but I will give up for good!

KittyLost
May 26th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Congratulations! Your hair will love you so much more for it :)

At the end of last year I took the plunge and packed away my hair straighteners, I occasionally use the blowdryer on cool setting for my fringe, just waiting for the day that I don't need to anymore.

Madora
May 26th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Good for you, Heatherbelle! Another blow fryer bites the dust!

Airdrying is the gentlest method of drying. And you don't have to be concerned with harming your hair with heat..OR having to treat your hair to keep it from being harmed by the heat!

bunzfan
May 26th, 2011, 08:32 AM
It really does make a huge difference. Its over a year since i used a hair dryer or straighteners and my hair is far happier for it.

LaurelSpring
May 26th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Good for you!!! I know how hard it is. I really struggled with it for a while when I did it but you wont even miss it in no time. Its so amazing how my whole routine has shifted now.

I will admit that I do however bring it out in the winter. If its really cold and my hair is still damp I put it on low and gently dry my scalp area. I hold it very far away so that its more like a gentle warm breeze. I only do this occasionally if necessary.

jojo
May 26th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I still use mine on my fringe but no biggie it needs trimming weekly! but 4 years this year since I was a daily blowdrier, now i just save mine for length shots or special occassions but on a cool setting! I much prefer my hair airdried, just sometimes I am in a rush!

HairFaerie
May 26th, 2011, 03:20 PM
YAY! Good for you! :)

Warm weather is finally here and I do not use mine anymore either! It does make a big difference!

Unfortunately, I had to us it in the winter (on low heat & air setting) because it gets REALLY cold here. But now, 78 degrees....GOOD BYE HAIR DRYER! See you next winter!

Lux88
May 26th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Good for you!! It's a hard thing to do but so much better for your hair.. I've been totally heat free since May 16th...That's only 11 days lol but I'm proud of myself! I'm gonna go as long as I can possibly stand it. lol I used to LOVE curling/straightening playing with my hair.. but now..all natural. lol

heatherbelle
June 1st, 2011, 05:05 AM
Thank You all for the support! ;) It has been over a week now since I last used a hairfryer and my hair is so happy! :joy:

cygus
June 16th, 2011, 11:11 AM
congrats! its a big step, but you're already seeing the benefits. i occasionally dry my hair with a roller brush (with heat), but not very often, so trying to do it as little as possible until i can pack it away.

IanB
June 16th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Good news - no heat, no chemicals best for your hair!