PDA

View Full Version : Lovin' my hair right now!!!

julliams
May 25th, 2011, 10:29 PM
It's been a long time since I could walk around feeling this way. I'm about an inch and a half past waist and I'm really loving my length. I love feeling it swishing against my lower back and when I look at it from the side, it now looks waist length (as opposed to when it was just at waist, it looked closer to BSL from the side for some reason).

I've just bought this great shampoo bar from Beauty and the Bees called the "Tasmanian Beer Shampoo Bar". http://www.beebeauty.com/tasmanian-beer-shampoo-bar-all-hair-types
which I use followed by an ACV rinse of 1/3 cup organic ACV in 1 litre of de-ionised water. I'm thrilled at how my hair changes after that ACV rinse - it really is nothing short of amazing!! It's just as if I had lathered it up with a creamy conditioner. Then I rinse it out in the shower and I'm done. It seems like such a simple routine and I love the "earthy" feel of not using loads of chemicals and silicones. Don't get me wrong, I love a coney conditioner or serum, but I really like the results I'm getting at the moment with this routine.

I posted a thread about it a couple of days ago but it seemed to go unnoticed so I thought I'd post again. I had previously done ACV rinses and hated the results so I'm really happy that it's working for me now. Not sure what's different???

It really is nice to walk around feeling good about where my hair is and not pining for what it's not (which I had been doing earlier on). It's very liberating actually.

racrane
May 25th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Yay! I loved that length too so I know how it feels! :) Glad you're happy! :D

222toogoodforu
May 26th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Julliams, you have a head of hair that has made it on my "dream hair list"! Your waves are awesome and your hair is so full and glossy. If I could have it in black, or somehow be able to pull off your color, I'd take it in a heart beat!

Juneii
May 26th, 2011, 01:33 AM
it's a wonderful feeling isn't it? I felt so happy when my hair started to brush against my lower back. Yay for liking your hair and finding the perfect routine :)

schweedie
May 26th, 2011, 01:51 AM
I love feeling it swishing against my lower back and when I look at it from the side, it now looks waist length (as opposed to when it was just at waist, it looked closer to BSL from the side for some reason).
Oh, so it's not just me then - I was doubtful for a while about whether or not I was actually at waist, since it looked BSL from the side even though it definitely looked like waist from the back. Can't wait to get to where you are. And I can totally understand why you're loving your hair right now, it looks wonderful!

Great that the ACV rinses are working for you now. :) (For me it's been the other way around - they worked wonderfully at first, but now they seem to make my ends crunchy.)

vintage88
May 26th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Can't wait to get to where you are! Congratulations :D

Lisa R
May 26th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Yay! I'm so glad you are loving your hair! You certainly should cause it's gorgeous!:)

Yozhik
May 26th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Yay, I'm glad to read this!

I've also really been enjoying my current hair length, too, and it sounds like we're at about the same length -- waist+.

For a long time in between BSL and Waist I was wearing my hair up everyday and rarely did I wear it down and really feel comfortable with its length. Now that I'm at waist+, I like it so much more!

I'm also using shampoo bars, but I have a SCH one (can't remember which at the moment) that I'm working on currently. I'm glad to hear you really like yours -- I'll have to check it out. :)

...now if only my waves would be more bouncy (that's the one thing about getting longer -- they get pulled out).

Do you currently have layers? How well do they play with your curls, if you don't mind me asking?

julliams
May 26th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Do you currently have layers? How well do they play with your curls, if you don't mind me asking?

I think my layers are the reason for my curls to be honest. I'm going to go for all one length with a U-shape hemline just to find out. Right now I have layers that are about an inch and a half past BSL and most of my curl is from BSL down.

If, once I get to all one length and my curl is gone, I'll just get some layers cut in and that should bring them back. I find that if I airdry my hair to about 90% and then pop it into a bun, it curls up nicely and the frizz is markedly less.

annieangel149
May 26th, 2011, 05:31 AM
you have beautiful hair! :)

i smothered coconut and sweet almond oil all over my hair as a pre treatment the night before last! I woke up yesterday and had a lazy duvet day! I decided to keep the oil in my hair all yesterday and overnight and wash it this morning! It feels all soft and silky now so although its not nice and long yet it feels great :) hERES TO LOVING HAIR DAYS!!! :D

Mesmerise
Your hair looks lovely! It's wonderful that you're at a length you're happy with. I do wonder about the layers and waves, because I'm sure mine was wavier when it was layered too... in part I thought the waves had dropped out because it had grown longer, but it could also be the lack of layers. Well, once I'm at goal length and my hair has thickened up I may consider trying layering a bit too and see what happens!

Carolyn
It's a great feeling, isn't it? :happydance: I know what you mean about that lower back tickle. It's such a great feeling. A little thing but oh so nice when it finally happens. I'm finally at hip length again and happy with my hair. I was considering a big trim but now I'm so glad I didn't do it. Yay for waiting and giving it serious consideration before doing it! It seems like most of the time we're bitchin' and moanin' about our hair length so it's very nice to finally be happy with it.

julliams
May 26th, 2011, 05:42 AM
I just have to tell you Carolyn - one day (a while ago) I had my hair bunned for a whole day and when I took it out and looked at it from the back (as I do) I noticed that it came out just like your siggy. I remember that my first thought was "Oh my gosh, I have "Carolyn" hair!!!!" I caught myself and had to giggle. Your siggy is my dream hair and has been from the first time I saw it. A bonus that you are also a knitter, as I am too.

knoxkatie
May 26th, 2011, 07:58 AM
If I had your hair I would love it too :D

Hopefully one day I will have that feeling!

emeraldshade
May 26th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I love your color!

KittyLost
May 26th, 2011, 08:11 AM
I've always loved your hair Julliams, congratulations on finding something that works for you!

bunzfan
May 26th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Please post a picture:waving: you are my hair idol i bet your hair looks fantastic at just past waist length. I think your hair is far curlier than mine if i brush mine the curls drop out :(

Yozhik
May 26th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I think my layers are the reason for my curls to be honest. I'm going to go for all one length with a U-shape hemline just to find out. Right now I have layers that are about an inch and a half past BSL and most of my curl is from BSL down.

If, once I get to all one length and my curl is gone, I'll just get some layers cut in and that should bring them back. I find that if I airdry my hair to about 90% and then pop it into a bun, it curls up nicely and the frizz is markedly less.

Thanks for your input. :thumbsup:

I think I'll wait until I reach hip, and possibly try layers then to see how it works. :)

Firefly
May 26th, 2011, 10:09 AM
So happy for you, Julliams! Your hair is beautiful.

Carolyn
May 26th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I just have to tell you Carolyn - one day (a while ago) I had my hair bunned for a whole day and when I took it out and looked at it from the back (as I do) I noticed that it came out just like your siggy. I remember that my first thought was "Oh my gosh, I have "Carolyn" hair!!!!" I caught myself and had to giggle. Your siggy is my dream hair and has been from the first time I saw it. A bonus that you are also a knitter, as I am too.Awwww :flowers: thank you so much! My bun curls are much looser than the curls in my siggy. They were done with a curling iron at a salon. I think if I did twin buns I might end up with similar curls.

julliams
May 26th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Please post a picture:waving: you are my hair idol i bet your hair looks fantastic at just past waist length. I think your hair is far curlier than mine if i brush mine the curls drop out :(

Hi bunzfan, I don't have any pics of my hair recently from the back but I'm due to take my next monthly shot at the beginning of June so keep a look out in the 1 photo for 1 month thread as I often post them in there. I have some photos from the front in a thread that I posted recently here http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=70625&highlight=face+framing+layers&page=5 - just scroll down.

miss_purple
May 27th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Can't wait to get there too! :D
Congratulations! :)

bunzfan
May 27th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Hi bunzfan, I don't have any pics of my hair recently from the back but I'm due to take my next monthly shot at the beginning of June so keep a look out in the 1 photo for 1 month thread as I often post them in there. I have some photos from the front in a thread that I posted recently here http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=70625&highlight=face+framing+layers&page=5 - just scroll down.

Thank you will be looking forward to seeing your anniversary post, my 1st anniversary is in July :D

julliams
May 27th, 2011, 02:40 AM
Ooooh that's coming up soon for you - so great! Here's my one anniversary thread http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=56095&highlight=year+anniversary so mine won't be up again until September. I'll keep an eye out for yours.

Melanie Marie
May 27th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Good for you! :D I'm at waist too!!

tinti
May 27th, 2011, 04:20 AM
That's great to hear! And you "should" love your hair, because it's beautiful, I wish I had waves/wurls like that!!

bunzfan
May 27th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Ooooh that's coming up soon for you - so great! Here's my one anniversary thread http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=56095&highlight=year+anniversary so mine won't be up again until September. I'll keep an eye out for yours.

Thanks Julliams i think i may be a similar length in July to your first anniversary , i was hoping for waist but i think i am about 3 inches to go when dry we both know are waves eat up that length:(

Strangely when just washed my hair is curlier than its ever been. Have you found your hair is curlier the longer it is?

long&blonde
May 27th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Julliams, Yay! Happy to hear you happy! And I was trying to remember your name, to reply to the "Your dream hair" thread on here. Your color & waves are awesome!