PDA

View Full Version : Affective home remedies

BeccaAngel
May 25th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Has anyone ever used Koolaid to temporarily colour their hair? If so how did it go? Did it even work? :)

Kaelee
May 25th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Never tried it, but I hear it can be quite permanent, especially on light (blonde) hair.

Whatever you do, DON'T TRY molasses. *lol* my mom told me she'd heard that one worked, so she helped me try it. It didn't work. It was a sticky mess of tinfoil.

starbucksaddict
May 25th, 2011, 07:34 PM
i guess EVOO would be the most effective thing that has happened to my hair :) it loves it!

Jimothea
May 25th, 2011, 09:05 PM
We used to do this in camp; it only worked on the blondes and redheads--blondes more with the blue Koolaid, which turned hair a limey green, and redheads with one of the red varieties, which just made them a punchy color. The fairer the hair the better. Don't remember much about it other than it was messy, and washed out in about 3-7 days. Purple a fugly muddy gray, I remember that. HTH!

Lee's Girl
May 26th, 2011, 12:07 AM
DSS (10 now, 8 1/2 or so at the time) came over with his hair BRIGHT red, his mom dyed it with kool-aid. Of course, she did it right before we were supposed to get his picture taken... that's a WHOLE other story, though!

Anyway, by the end of the weekend his pillowcase was pink on one side & the poor kid was BEGGING me to cut his hair - it wouldn't wash out & was fading to a very strange hot pink color (kiddo's just a shade or two darker than a towhead).

Bene
May 26th, 2011, 12:15 AM
*Effective

BeccaAngel
May 26th, 2011, 12:17 AM
*Effective

I miss-spelled a word, so sue me :P

owlathena
May 26th, 2011, 12:57 AM
*Effective

haha I was thinking it but I wasn't going to say anything.

We won't sue you, BeccaAngel! ;)

I remember a very blonde friend dying her hair red to be pippy longstocking one halloween, but it was in elementry school and I don't remember how well it worked or how long it lasted.

ETA: You could try some strand tests? Google image search showed a lot of results too.