PDA

View Full Version : Wavy ends

morrsken
May 25th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I have straight hair, but when dusting I always come across these hairs that have small waves, maybe three or so at the end. They are tapering hairs, but not all tapering hairs are like that.

I'm just so curious about this. Why does that happen? I am thinking maybe it's because they are dry. Could that be it?

Tiina
May 25th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Could it be that they are resting on your shoulders or back when they dry? I have the same but mostly around my face, where the hair cannot fall straight down.

morrsken
May 25th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Oh, no it's not that, but thanks for your input :) Maybe wavy is not the right word. English is not my native language.

Anyway, what I mean are really small waves, maybe 1 cm max between them, and it's just on certain tapering ends.

morrsken
May 26th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Anyone else who gets this? I can't be the only one, can I?

JuliaDancer
May 26th, 2011, 06:21 AM
I'm not sure about just the ends, but sometimes I find a hair growing straight up on top of my head that's really wavy. Like a mini sine wave. I leave them alone, and I guess they eventually straighten out from brushing or something, because I don't find them often. My hair is naturally pretty straight with a slight wave to it, so these super mini wavy strands are odd. It has nothing to do with styling or drying, because the ones I find are on top of my head and usually only a few inches long. Maybe it has something to do with how the nutrients were dispensed to that one folicle when it was growing?

AuburnTresses
May 26th, 2011, 07:55 AM
My sister has straight hair but when she hits certain lengths she gets waves at the ends. Then at one length she got lovely spirals just on the last inch and a half of hair! It looked really cool.
So it could just be the length you're at that's causing it. :) Hope that helps.

KittyLost
May 26th, 2011, 08:18 AM
If it's just the ends could it be slight damage?

Or do you have small layers at the ends which can turn a straighty to a wavy.

Delila
May 26th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I've noticed that strands which have never been cut have a slightly different wave than the rest of my hair. The first inch and a half or so has a much more unpredictable wave pattern that doesn't fit in with the rest of the strand.

Not sure what it's about, exactly.