PDA

View Full Version : Does Suave naturals shampoo get as much love as the conditioner?

starbucksaddict
May 25th, 2011, 06:52 AM
hey everyone, im actually going to pick up the conditioner after many seen raves about it, but i was wondering if the shampoo gets the same amount of love? if not, what shampoo is your favorite? (something without sulfate maybe, or not that many harmful ingredientes?) thanks.

Copasetic
May 25th, 2011, 07:30 AM
I think the shampoo doesn't get as much love because a lot of LHC members like conditioner-only washing, or sulfate-free washing, and Suave shampoos are pretty intense. There are some fans of it though.

Seharia
May 25th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Suave shampoo was much to harsh for my hair when I tried it.
I love the Organix shampoos (the coconut one is my favorite).
It doesn't have Sulfates but it still cleans my hair very well. If you are cone free the Dimethicone copolyol (does that even count as a cone?) might be a problem but I would think it would just wash off with the rest of the shampoo.

Kristamommyx3
May 25th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Suave shampoo was much to harsh for my hair when I tried it.
I love the Organix shampoos (the coconut one is my favorite).
It doesn't have Sulfates but it still cleans my hair very well. If you are cone free the Dimethicone copolyol (does that even count as a cone?) might be a problem but I would think it would just wash off with the rest of the shampoo.

I second the Organix shampoos! I've been using them for two years now, and hair is super happy!

Lilli
May 25th, 2011, 08:48 AM
I like them occasionally, but they are very cleaning. They make my hair super-soft but a bit flat. I like my hair better with Chagrin Valley shampoo bar in Chamomile Citrus.

Ashenputtel
May 25th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I haven't you them at all but I'm starting to realise that sulfates are really bad for my fine dye hair and scalp with psoriasis.

I used Klorane chamomille shampoo last shampoo to clarify and my hair feels so dry today (second day after shampoo) it's crazy. I much prefer my live clean shampoo or my l'oreal professionnal expert line sulfate free shampoo (more cosmetic it does contain silicones).

Do you know if your hair and scalp like sulfate? If they do you can give it a shot and dillute the shampoo.

elbow chic
May 25th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I like the Daily Clarifying one. Haven't tried any of the others. I use way less shampoo than conditioner, though, so a single bottle of shampoo could last me for years.

if the kids didn't eventually use it to make bubble-baths in the cat's water dish....

emeraldshade
May 25th, 2011, 09:19 AM
My hair and scalp don't like any of the sauve shampoo's. I've been using Burt's Bee's lately, and am really happy with it.

Becky Safari
May 25th, 2011, 09:41 AM
It made my hair prone to tangles and frizz.