PDA

View Full Version : I have reached an annoying hair milestone

bunzfan
May 25th, 2011, 01:43 AM
3 times this week this has happened so i'm think its related to the length of my hair now. My hair is about mid back now and when i go to bed it doesn't matter what type of braid i put it in i manage to pull the hair tie off probably by resting on it.

I'm going to have to fold now i think. Oh and my new silk pillow cases from china arrived yesterday i think they are wonderful i certainly don't have so much bed head going on:)

Melanie Marie
May 25th, 2011, 02:09 AM
You're probably right. It's most likely that it's just that particular length, and because it's just at the right part of your back where it's bound to get pulled off. Don't worry too much, it will stop happening eventually. ;)

For sleeping, I've been doing a braided beehive lately because I've been getting really annoyed with rolling all over my braid and getting horrible frizz in the morning (I don't have silk or satin pillowcases :(), and when you pin it the right way it's really quite comfortable. Perhaps you might want to give that a try instead.

Isilme
May 25th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Try to position the braid on top of your head like you do with a high ponytail. Helps with frizz and pulling!

bunzfan
May 25th, 2011, 04:07 AM
You're probably right. It's most likely that it's just that particular length, and because it's just at the right part of your back where it's bound to get pulled off. Don't worry too much, it will stop happening eventually. ;)

For sleeping, I've been doing a braided beehive lately because I've been getting really annoyed with rolling all over my braid and getting horrible frizz in the morning (I don't have silk or satin pillowcases :(), and when you pin it the right way it's really quite comfortable. Perhaps you might want to give that a try instead.

*Goes to articles section to check unknown updo out* i found the silk pillow cases on ebay for quite a bargain price £20.

Try to position the braid on top of your head like you do with a high ponytail. Helps with frizz and pulling!

Now that's a thought i tried a bun on top of my head but it seemed to pull i will try that one thanks, anything that helps with the frizz is a bonus.

oktobergoud
May 25th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Oh I have reached one as well! A mullet, and it TICKLES my neck/head (because when I move my head, my mullet goes up, and then afterwards it slowly goes down and that tickles? it feels weird, I can feel the hair moving down! this sounds really weird :P but my mullet is very thin, so I guess that's why it stands up so easily)

But your annoying milestone is one I'd like to have :P

Is the silk pillow case helping? :)

Gwen
May 25th, 2011, 05:13 AM
I'm having a similar issue as well, and I also attribute it to length. I used to be able to put my hair into a small bun at the nape of my neck with no problem. Now, it's getting harder to put in my bobby pins and keep the bun in place. Also, the bun just feels bigger.

Gwen

jojo
May 25th, 2011, 06:22 AM
I put a little oil on my sleep braid tassel and no need for a tie. My braid is still intact by the morning and my ends nice and conditioned.

Chetanlaiho
May 25th, 2011, 10:08 AM
I put a little oil on my sleep braid tassel and no need for a tie. My braid is still intact by the morning and my ends nice and conditioned.

This, I stopped using ties on my braids at night because it doesn't really matter if the last few inches unwind (I lay my braid over my pillow so I don't lie on it) but if I toss and turn too much, I have to redo the braid. However, I am just discovering that if I oil the ends before finishing the braid, they stay in much, much better, and are unbelievably soft ^^

islandboo
May 25th, 2011, 10:27 AM
This, I stopped using ties on my braids at night because it doesn't really matter if the last few inches unwind (I lay my braid over my pillow so I don't lie on it) but if I toss and turn too much, I have to redo the braid. However, I am just discovering that if I oil the ends before finishing the braid, they stay in much, much better, and are unbelievably soft ^^

Sadly, this doesn't work if you have 1a Teflon hair - my braid can unwind itself faster than I can make it :rolleyes:

I braid ribbon into the braid starting about halfway down and then tie the ribbon ends around the tassel - that usually holds all night (although sometimes part of the tassel will work itself free, but the braid itself doesn't come undone)

spidermom
May 25th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I like a top-of-head braid directed over the top of my pillow for sleeping. The best way to get it in the correct, non-pulling position for me is to lay across the bed with my hair falling over the side of the bed, then start my braid. When I can't reach low enough, I sit up and bring the braid in front of my face to finish.

I first tried leaning forward and braiding that way, but when I'd lay down, the base of the braid would pull.