PDA

View Full Version : LHC a REAL community?

ALYSSA
May 24th, 2011, 10:52 PM
oh how i wish this was true! wouldn't that be nice?..excuse me if i posted this in the wrong topic.. but i was thinking today it would be so great to bump into some friends/hair inspirations in "real" life. we could just discuss and exchange hair tips all day! i mean, no one understands me when it comes to talking about hair and my passion towards hair care and growing my hair out....except ALL of you. so i was thinking that would be so great if LHC was a "real" community. im not sayin lets actually go out build a community all to ourselves in "real" life but its fun to imagine! haha just picture it a large community enclosed in golden gates for us LHCers and of coarse we would have all the coconut oil,combes.aloe vera gel,towel turbans,henna,honey,EVOO,ACV,(you get the idea) we will ever need...doesn't that sound nice? haha wow i never realized how big my imagination is . what do you all think??(i am only kidding please dont take this literal):cheese:im sure im not the only one who has secretly wished this...well, at least i hope not haha:)

Sundial
May 24th, 2011, 10:55 PM
LOL!

In any case, the closest to what you are describing would probably be the community meets :)

gthlvrmx
May 24th, 2011, 10:57 PM
A person can dream...:p I'm itching for that moment i find an LHCer roaming around the same places i do so we can chit chat and get to know each other and our hair! No one here is as interested in their hair as i am. :p
I hope for a meet-up one day!

Sundial
May 24th, 2011, 11:05 PM
A person can dream...:p I'm itching for that moment i find an LHCer roaming around the same places i do so we can chit chat and get to know each other and our hair! No one here is as interested in their hair as i am. :p

I'm sure there's someone out there :p I found 3 on LHC in the same location as me even though LHC is predominantly Europe/US/Oceania. Just keep searching or maybe you can even start a thread ;)

EdG
May 24th, 2011, 11:08 PM
As Internet communities go, LHC is closer to a real community than any others I participate in because LHC is large and diverse (with long hair being the only common denominator among LHC members), and also because I know quite a few LHC members in real life.

But I must point out, the ladies aren't going to like a real community with a 9-to-1 ratio of women to men. ;)
Ed

ALYSSA
May 24th, 2011, 11:12 PM
A person can dream... I'm itching for that moment i find an LHCer roaming around the same places i do so we can chit chat and get to know each other and our hair! No one here is as interested in their hair as i am.
mee too! i feel the exact same way! sometimes i try to guess if people around me might secretly be on LHC hmm. sometimes people hint me towards thinking so....isnt is akward when you ask some on if they are on LHC and they look at you like your crazy? that has happend to me quit a few times..very awkward

ALYSSA
May 24th, 2011, 11:14 PM
I'm sure there's someone out there I found 3 on LHC in the same location as me even though LHC is predominantly Europe/US/Oceania. Just keep searching or maybe you can even start a thread
your are right! sooo is any one from California,US?

Nevvie
May 24th, 2011, 11:17 PM
It would be interesting to walk around the streets and see such lovely, long hair all the time. And to have people to talk to, hair friendly shops, long hair friendly salons... Oh it could go on and on and be great. But I could also see how it would lead to none of us ever being satisfied with our hair ever again. At least now when I'm having a bad hair day or just frustrated with my growth and length I can get off these forums, go out into the real world and see all the hair out there that tends to be fried, dyed and usually shorter than my short-by-LHC-standards BSL. In an LHC only community I'd always feel like my hair is short and frizzy.

ALYSSA
May 24th, 2011, 11:17 PM
As Internet communities go, LHC is closer to a real community than any others I participate in because LHC is large and diverse (with long hair being the only common denominator among LHC members), and also because I know quite a few LHC members in real life.

But I must point out, the ladies aren't going to like a real community with a 9-to-1 ratio of women to men.

i know i feel very close to the people on LHC i forgot its over the internet sometimes! haha. every one is so friendly i still think a real communtiy would be great! ... i can only dream ..
haha that os very true there would be way too many unnessecry cat fights...we ladies can be very...emotional/moody :)

ALYSSA
May 24th, 2011, 11:22 PM
im so glad im not the only one whos sort of feels better knowing there is worse out there! haha im so bad ;) but yes that would be so great to be a LHC freindly LHC cummuntiy . does that make sense?

MrsGuther
May 24th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I live in California!!! lol :)

ALYSSA
May 24th, 2011, 11:29 PM
I live in California

me too! what part of Ca? i dont want to ask your city would that be too personal? thats so great to know a LHCer lives (kinda?) near me! haha

Quixii
May 24th, 2011, 11:30 PM
your are right! sooo is any one from California,US?
Lots of us. :agree: I've been to one meet here myself, and there were probably at least nine of us there, and I know not everyone could make it..

ALYSSA
May 24th, 2011, 11:31 PM
hmmm... i was wondering what you mean by "meets"? i am curiouse? sorry is that a silly question

Sundial
May 25th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Under the main page, there is a section called Community Meet Forum or something and there are threads for various locations :o the "meets" refer to meet-ups