PDA

View Full Version : My hair is a disaster. Pictures included!

Friesiangirl
May 24th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Oi.

So being a young adult, trying to find myself--I attempted to find myself in bleach. And not the anime.

So, I proceeded to destroy my hair. It had previously been henna'd, then dyed black and was relatively healthy. But my attempts to get it snow white were useless. Now I have a strange but interesting color and lots of damage. I went from APL to shoulder length (could have been worse)

What have I learned? Two week rule + longer if s uch a big change.

Henna'd hair really doesn't cooperate with bleach...

Emotions tend to make me do strange stuff.

Here we go!

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/228617_183642938350337_100001138962543_411467_7756 303_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/222045_184945381553426_100001138962543_418325_2842 539_n.jpg

Sigh. I did learn, however, that my hair grows about 1'' per month. I am on pre-natals too, so that helps. I measured roots from when I last bleached. So we'll see, how the average stays.

Hayley

Freki
May 24th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Ouch! So sorry to see that. I've been there!

It's funny... I always hear people say how difficult henna is to bleach out, but I've never had any problem with it. Now black hair dye... that's a different story! Yikes!

Friesiangirl
May 24th, 2011, 08:49 PM
A combination of black and henna is just a pain. Ah well, it's a nifty color but I'm definitely going to grow virgin hair and not worry so much about my "image". I really have trouble dealing with my body image and unfortunately, my hair lately has been the first to suffer.

Guenhwyvar
May 25th, 2011, 03:16 AM
Im still trying to grow the black out of my hair. I dyed it black for ages.

Mesmerise
May 25th, 2011, 03:32 AM
On the upside your hair grows nice and fast at 1" a month, so what would take an average person twice as long to achieve won't take you as long!

KittyLost
May 25th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Well, nothing ventured nothing gained!
At least you learned a lesson in finding yourself :)

vanity_acefake
May 25th, 2011, 03:53 AM
It's almost a girls rite of passage to completely fry our hair with bleach at least once! I did it too in my younger days.
Here's to happy growth from now on.

oktobergoud
May 25th, 2011, 04:12 AM
I've been there as well! I have actually bleached my hair to white several times.. from a henna-ed head! And I know how hard it is.. my hair was so fried everytime. I had a pixie though so that makes it a lot easier.. but even the pixie was fried :P

1 inch a month is FAST! I envy you! :)

newbeginning
May 25th, 2011, 05:04 AM
I think your cute. You have no reason to have issues with how you view yourself.

xoxophelia
May 25th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Ah the glories of bleach :)

Luckily though you can easily cover that up with a head scarf or headband and then since your hair grows an inch a month it will go much faster to grow out than many of us. Your hair almost looks a little similar to how Hayley Williams?? from Paramore used to wear hers.

Firefox7275
May 25th, 2011, 05:53 AM
You have lovely eyes! If you are not happy with it maybe try a semi-permanent over the top? Also next time you get the urge for a colour change do a strand test first. :)

Joliebaby
May 25th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Haha, been there, it wasn't fun :)
But you are really cute AND your hair grows super fast! This will soon be over, just a little patience..

Shimmy
May 25th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Off the subject a bit............ I love your glasses in that 1st pic! :cheese:

alwayssmiling
May 25th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Well I think your hair looks ok in those pictures. But obviously I can't see the damage. I have bleached my hair to death too, feel free to look at my album for bleach disasters! And lucky you to get 1" per month!

RuLueashk
May 25th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Oh my goodness, Friesiangirl, you are remarkably pretty and I wish you could just drop your image issue like a hot potato! You can pull off any look your hair throws at you as long you at least *pretend* confidence.

Friesiangirl
May 25th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Haha! Thanks everyone. It stems from many years as a competitive gymnast, my relationship with food is... well, it's getting better. I'm recovering. I've got some amazing friends and a great DBF, who seems to adore me no matter what I do.

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress of nursing this hair back to "acceptable" and maybe beyond.

Hayley

silverjen
May 25th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the tri-tone look you've got going on looks really cool and pretty? If you told me you did it deliberately I'd be completely jealous.

BlueMuse
May 25th, 2011, 08:17 PM
I actually think it looks pretty cool.

I guess I'm lucky I learned my lesson when I tried to just bleach out a highlight. It took 3-5 times as long as the box suggested and quite a bit more solution. That made me very hesitant to try bleaching anything more than just that one strip. Looked kind of cool though.