PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm in love with...

PiroskaCicu
May 24th, 2011, 06:41 PM
aloe vera!

I use aloe vera for my scalp problems, and for tangles! My hair feels really soft and is tangle free except for the occasional one. I've also read that aloe vera helps with hair growth/healthy skin so I think it's great for the scalp.
Also, my waves are more defined now that I use it regularly. It's awesome!

I am in love with aloe vera.

This calls for a dancing cheese. :cheese:
Dance with your cheese if you love aloe vera too.

Venefica
May 24th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Aloe is a great plant for all sort of healing work and skin treatments. My mother used to sell aloe products and they where really nice. Be sure however to buy good quality products. Inside the aloe leaf are green gel, this is what you want, but there is also a membrane of yellow gen and this is poisonous, in cheap products the yellow stuff is not properly removed, with aloe products it is always a good idea to spend a bit more and go for quality.

HairFaerie
May 24th, 2011, 06:47 PM
:cheese:

Oh, yeah! I drink aloe vera gel with water and use it in facial treatments as well as in hair treatments!

LOVE IT!

christine1989
May 24th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I used to use it mixed in with my conditioner and my hair would either respond well to it or frizz up depending on the brand I used. The Aloe Life brand gets a dancing cheese :cheese: but the Aubrey organics gets a :neutral: and the Jason brand gets a big :nono:.

WittyWordsmith
May 24th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I love aloe as well! I use the Fruit of the Earth brand, and it's taken my curls to new heights! :cheese:

Gwen
May 24th, 2011, 07:21 PM
aloe vera!

I use aloe vera for my scalp problems, and for tangles! My hair feels really soft and is tangle free except for the occasional one. I've also read that aloe vera helps with hair growth/healthy skin so I think it's great for the scalp.
Also, my waves are more defined now that I use it regularly. It's awesome!

I've never heard of putting aloe vera in your hair! Please, give me details! Is it the aloe vera hand lotion? Or is there specific aloe vera gel for hair?

Gwen

Annibelle
May 24th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I've never heard of putting aloe vera in your hair! Please, give me details! Is it the aloe vera hand lotion? Or is there specific aloe vera gel for hair?

I'm curious, too!!! What exactly are the benefits?

alyanna
May 24th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I have a big tub of it but I haven't used it yet. I want to do an SMT soon, but I'm trying to go easy on mixing all these new products all at once!

How do you all use aloe vera gel, other than in SMTs???

P.S. I love my coconut oil, but that's another thread!

ALYSSA
May 24th, 2011, 07:26 PM
i have always wanted to try aloevera gel im not even sure how to start using it and where do i buy good quality gel? im intersted in it too!

Quixii
May 24th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I love it too! I don't use it super often, but it's great for using in hair when I just want a light gel that won't weight down my hair but will give some hold. It also, of course, works great on sunburns, and I've had some times where it helped with breakouts, too.

dazeydayze
May 24th, 2011, 08:52 PM
:cheese: love this stuff for smoothing fly aways and detangling!
I use J/A/S/O/N aloe

wvgemini
May 25th, 2011, 08:07 AM
I have a big bottle of Fruit of the Earth aloe at home that has yet to be used. I may need to break it open this evening :)

Seharia
May 25th, 2011, 08:20 AM
I love Aloe Vera gel :cheese:
I use it everyday as a face moisturizer with a couple drops of jojoba oil mixed in.
I should really use it on my hair more often.
.....going to mix up a smt.

Ashenputtel
May 25th, 2011, 10:30 AM
I had a mini sunburn this weekend I put aloe vera gel on it with a bit of jojoba oil and next morning the redness was gone!

HairFaerie
May 25th, 2011, 10:54 AM

Gwen

You can get it from a health food store or in the health food section of a grocery store.

It's pure, 100% aloe vera gel. It is clear. You can ingest it too!
Make sure it's the food grade aloe gel and not the kind you find in the sunscreen section that is usually green and contains pain reliever!!

The aloe gel can be mixed with different things and used on your hair/face/body. Also, it is very good when taken internally.*

*I am not a doctor. In fact, I don't even play one on TV.
I am basing my statements on personal research and my own personal experience. Everyone is different and results will differ. As with everything - Some people love it, some people hate it, some people think it's just "eh".

Sunshineliz
May 25th, 2011, 11:06 AM
I love it too! At least for DD5--I'm about to try it on me too. On her baby-fine hair it leaves her with soft, beautifully defined waves and curls without the weigh-down.

Fruit of the Earth is clear and says it is 100% pure--I believe the only extra things in it are preservatives and it is in the skincare section of my Wal-Mart. I heard completely pure AVG needs refridgeration.

I used to have an Aloe plant that I kept for skincare. Loved it for that. Until DH had the bright idea to plant it outside without asking me.:rolleyes: It is now dead.:(