PDA

View Full Version : I just saw a picture of my dream hair

Sjirsten
May 24th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Ok, so my ambitions may be limited length wise. But I just found a picture on a blog of this girl with amazing hair. The best thing is that I think it would be possible for me to sport that look. She looks just like how I would like to look, love the dress too!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62268113@N08/5754864807/

So, how does she make it look that fabolous? Or, how can I get that look (except for growing my hair that length of course)

Is it layered?

Chetanlaiho
May 24th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I'm not sure I can be of much help but I'd say it's definitely layered :)

BrightEyes7
May 24th, 2011, 10:28 AM
It looks layered. And I think she used a curling iron to give it that wave... It doesn't really look like a natural wave pattern. It could be natural I suppose.

Sjirsten
May 24th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Aaw, I`m not really into using curling irons and such. But maybe some rag curls would work. I just fell in love with this picture:-)

Gypsygirl
May 24th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Beautiful! :love: And yes...I think her sides are layered.

Firefox7275
May 24th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Looks like at least face-framing layers, why not ask the girl herself? Apparently sock buns can be used for heat-free waves.

JuliaDancer
May 24th, 2011, 10:45 AM
It's layered. My hair used to look sort of like that, but not as wavy.

Sjirsten
May 24th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Firefox7275 the picture is from a fashion photographers blog so her name and contact details are not available. If it was her own blog then I definitely would have :-)

Kristamommyx3
May 24th, 2011, 11:11 AM
You could easily get those waves if you used those soft rag curlers with the little cushion in the middle. Buy two packs, divide your hair into small sections and twist each section before rolling them up. Twist back and forth alternating between sections. As in section one would twist away from your face and section two would twist toward your face and so on. Start with freshly washed barely damp hair, and do it right before bed. Sleep in 'em and the next morning, tadah!

Joliebaby
May 24th, 2011, 11:12 AM
It looks like slight natural wave, layers, and some wind blowing :D

BlackPearl
May 24th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I have a haircut that is pretty similar to this too! My hair is layered,but just in the front^^ Seems like her layers begin at her chin.. My hair is really straight and I never use curling irons,so I don´t think you need that to create this style :-) the layers will make your hair look a little more wavy on their own.

oktobergoud
May 24th, 2011, 02:00 PM
I love her hair (my ambitions are definitely limited as well :P) and her dress as well :D

HeatherJenae
May 24th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Maybe it's just me but I think she looks a bit like Kate Middleton. Maybe a little more red and gold tones but similar in texture and the way she wears it. That might help you achieve this style because I'm sure a mountain of articles have been written about Princess Katherine's hair.

Sjirsten
May 25th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Aha! How brilliant, didn`t think of that, but you`re right! Thank you!

newbeginning
May 25th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Wow I wouldn't mind if my hair looked like that too.

jojo
May 25th, 2011, 06:29 AM
sock bun curls definitely but the rolled sock bun ones works great! my profile pic is rolled sock bun curls

UltraBella
May 25th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Layered like mine, mine is just longer. She has long blended layers and you could easily use a big loose braid or a Caruso molecular hair setter to get the wave to it.
Love the color and the dress too !

Seharia
May 25th, 2011, 08:01 AM
It looks to me like she has layers in the front of her hair starting from around chin or shoulder.
Also I don't think you will need to curl your hair at all if you cut layers into it because in my experience as soon as someone cuts layers they get a little more natural wave because the ends of their hair wave up slightly.

Good luck getting you dream hair!

HintOfMint
May 25th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Oh, that's a photo from The Sartorialist! I love that blog!

Yup, it's just some basic layers. Very attainable, and looks very low maintenance. It'll just take some time.