PDA

View Full Version : How do you wear your hair at home?

lacefrost
May 23rd, 2011, 09:19 PM
Forgive me if this has already been asked, I searched for it but haven't found it.

How do you guys wear your hair at home? When you're sitting on the couch or laying in bed reading. Do you take it down from your updo and shake it loose? Do you put it in a braid? Do you wrap it in a scarf?

I tend to leave mine in the style I've worn that day: whether looser curls or braids. (At the moment my hair is too thick and too short (with curliness) to put into proper buns)

owlathena
May 23rd, 2011, 09:22 PM
I usually wear my hair down while in class and then braid it when I get home.

alyanna
May 23rd, 2011, 09:29 PM
If it's just been washed, I'll wear it down, sometime with a tiny claw clip to hold the front strands out of my face.

If it's starting to get a big oily, than I wear it lightly twisted and held with a claw-clip or in a what do call that ... a ponytail where you don't pull the hair all the way through?

Kyla
May 23rd, 2011, 09:30 PM
Sometimes I wear it down, but I've been putting it up more and more. It gets in the way or reading, drawing, housework, and homework. However, whenever I'm lounging it's down or in a braid-it's too uncomfortable to keep it in a bun then!

Roseate
May 23rd, 2011, 09:30 PM
I usually end up with it in a braid or two at home; if it was in an updo all day it's nice to take it down when I get home, but then I braid it loosely just to get it out of my way.

monsterna
May 23rd, 2011, 09:37 PM
Down. My hair isn't comfy up since I'm usually laying down against the couch or something. :)

Jeni
May 23rd, 2011, 09:39 PM
I almost always have my hair up in a simple cinnamon bun held with a big ugly grey scrunchie!

Oh and I have to say it lacefrost I ADORE your hair! Like seriously, its gorgeous!

Sundial
May 23rd, 2011, 10:14 PM
Mine is usually down unless I'm cooking or cleaning because I'm usually lounging around and it's uncomfortable lying back with a hairtoy

Madora
May 23rd, 2011, 10:28 PM
Always up, like the pic below. I loathe tangles!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/07Erzbet/427FauxYulaTymenchenko.jpg

WittyWordsmith
May 23rd, 2011, 10:32 PM
Lately, I've been wearing it down as much as I can given the new discovery of my curls. However, I generally have it up to some degree while at home just because if I am home, I don't necessarily "style" it. Either in a french twist that's in a clip, or a low ponytail, or some variation of those.

Keepitgrowing29
May 23rd, 2011, 10:38 PM
When I am at home I wear mines braided and tucked inside a silk bonnet...I have a 7 month old son with dangerous hands. : )

jaine
May 23rd, 2011, 10:44 PM
Mine is usually in a ponytail with a scrunchie when I'm at home....or the halfway-pulled
-through-the-scrunchie kind of bun. Unless I'm leaning back on the couch and then I let it loose.

AshNight1214
May 23rd, 2011, 11:40 PM
Depends on a lot of things for me. The temperature, the hairstyle I've had it in, ect. For instance, if I've had it in a top-heavy updo like a ponytail or bun, I'll take it down when it starts to hurt unless it's hot out. I find that I've been wearing it in a clipped bun recently just to keep it out of my way.

akuamoonmaui
May 24th, 2011, 12:03 AM
I tie it in a knot (it stays) or down.

Blond On Blond
May 24th, 2011, 12:09 AM
I tend to leave mine in the style I've worn that day: whether looser curls or braids. (At the moment my hair is too thick and too short (with curliness) to put into proper buns)

If I had hair like yours, I'd never wear it up. It's awesome! Now that's hair I'd be showing off non-stop even at home :D

Loreley
May 24th, 2011, 12:18 AM
I usually wear it in a cinnamon or braided bun.

Cowgirl16
May 24th, 2011, 12:19 AM
If I'm cleaning, cooking or whatever it is up with sticks. If I'm watching tv it is taken down and put in a braid.

motormuffin
May 24th, 2011, 12:31 AM
It's usually opposite at night than I had it during the day. If it was up all day, it's down at night. If it was down all day, it's up at night. If I'm doing laundry or chores, it's up. If I'm chillin' watching TV, I'll take it down and let it hang over the back of the couch.

Lippytoes
May 24th, 2011, 02:08 AM
It depends. I do wear my hair down at home more than otherwise - if I've had it up all day, taking it down is such a great feeling. I mainly leave it down if I'm not doing anything in particular, though. If I'm cooking or something, down is a bad idea. :D I often leave my hair in the style it's been in, though, or then loosely braid it. Braids are the best for tv-watching. :)

ashke50
May 24th, 2011, 02:28 AM
I usually leave it in whatever bun I had it in during the day - but sometimes I will let it loose, if the bun is getting in the way or becoming uncomfortable.

pepperminttea
May 24th, 2011, 02:34 AM
A single braid usually, as I wear it for sleep. It's comfy and even after a lazy day, it doesn't accumulate much in the way of tangles. :)

kyandii
May 24th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Down most of the time, but I tie it up whilst I'm eating or busy cleaning.

caiti42
May 24th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Down usually.

Its so nice to rest my head from the pressure of being up all the time.

ReadHeadGirl
May 24th, 2011, 03:24 AM
Always tied back,either braided or in a ponytail. My mom wouldn't also like to see me with hair undone

celebriangel
May 24th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Always tied back,either braided or in a ponytail. My mom wouldn't also like to see me with hair undone

That's a shame...why not?

My hair is rarely down. It usually spends no more than a few hours a month down as I can't stand tangles, and I feel much better and more put-together with it up. So I'll normally just leave it however I was wearing it that day, or change to another updo if the one I'm wearing has stopped being comfy. At some point during the night I normally switch to a french or dutch braid; this is what I sleep in.

My hair is beginning to get to a length, however, where its sheer weight and length is keeping it from spilling all over my shoulders and into my face. Perhaps I'll start to wear it down a bit more now. I can't stand hair in my face.

Pierre
May 24th, 2011, 04:48 AM
The same updo I wore when I was out. Right now, and yesterday, it's in two herringbone braids (someone called them "fishtail"), each clipped to the base of the other, with enough tassel left to stroke my cheeks. I don't wear a single bun at the back of my head, if I wear buns they're two at the sides, so I have no problem sleeping with them. About the only time I have it down is when I washed and am waiting to dry.

ashamanjababu
May 24th, 2011, 05:05 AM
I almost always have it in a bun, or sometimes braids. Loose hair around my face kinds of makes me go crazy.

Hiriel
May 24th, 2011, 07:00 AM
When I come home, I usually don't change my hairstyle, so it's usually in my go-to nautilus bun. If I feel tired I let it down. If I'm not going out at all, I often leave it in my sleep braid.

Firefly
May 24th, 2011, 07:25 AM
I wear my hair down as often as possible. If I'm cooking, cleaning, gardening or out working with the animals it's up, but once I'm done with one of those tasks I'll let it loose for a while. In the evening when I'm reading or watching a movie I like to have it down and draped over one shoulder. I don't like to have anything in the way when I'm leaning my head back.

Kisa
May 24th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I usually wear my hair in a high bun on top of my head. Looks kind of funny, but I love it. :cool:

elbow chic
May 24th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Up. I've got little kids and they have a knack for inadvertently pulling out great gobs of hair. And my dining room chairs are hair-eaters; I should really make some kind of slipcover for them.

Kumiko033
May 24th, 2011, 07:57 AM
I mostly wear it like Elvis lol..Yay for curly pixie/mullet and then when I go out I grab a scarf, or a hat.

Scarlet_Heart
May 24th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Ideally, it's in a French braid when I'm home (it's comfortable to lounge in, but keeps my hair out of my face and out of the way if I'm cooking) but sometimes I'm lazy and leave it down. Another good thing about the French braid is that it keeps my bangs that I'm growing out back, whereas an English braid does not.

Remyy
May 24th, 2011, 08:20 AM
More often than not I prefer having my hair out of my face, but I also use my time lounging at home to experiment with new hairstyles and see how well they hold throughout various activities :)

jojo
May 24th, 2011, 08:34 AM
At home I will either do a side braid or a cinnamon bun held with a scrunchie, when im out its a gibratar bun

SpinDance
May 24th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I have my hair in a bun most of the time, at home or otherwise. Usually some variation of a Nautilus or Spidermom's Bun that Stays. However, off and on during the day I always take it down, finger comb it, then put it back up. Sticks, forks or Flexi's make this a very fast process, and it lets me get the pressure off the same place on my head. I also get to enjoy playing with it while I finger comb, can take it down to feel the breeze through it, but then get it back up safely out of the way. It is too long now to just let it loose for very long.

vintage88
May 24th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I usually wear my hair down at home as I wear it up all day when im out, its nice to let it loose for a while! :)

Chetanlaiho
May 24th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Usually in the bun that I wore during the day, If I've not gone anywhere I'll put it in a loose bun with hair sticks or spin pins. Or if it's really early it may still be in my sleeping braid xD

The only time I really have it down is when it's drying after washing it ^^

selderon
May 24th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Typically some sort of twist, braid or ponytail.

Finoriel
May 24th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Usually I just keep it in whichever style I was wearing during the day.
If I got a headache it goes down into my night braid earlier, but otherwise I don't change styles when being at home. I don't even change clothes for being home...
The eventual benefits of possibly being more comfy are not winning over my natural lazyness :p ahem.

bunzfan
May 24th, 2011, 02:19 PM
A braided bun is my favourite style i find it so comfy:D

QMacrocarpa
May 24th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Up, or in a braid.

Venefica
May 24th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I love your hair updo Madora.

I used to often have my hair in ponytails, but the last few months it have gotten to long for that, it tangles and get into everything. I wear it in a bun or a braid at home both for convenience as then the hair will not fall into my face, my food, or anything else, and besides I do Pagan rituals which often involves candles and buns and braids keep my hair out of flames to. :P Also buns and braids also protect my hair and help against tangling.

santie
May 24th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I usually put it up in a bun, unless I'm on my bed, at which point I would let it down and shake it out!

einna
May 24th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Usually bunned or ponytailed in a satin scrunchie by day, and in two loose braids at night. Loose when it is air drying.

lacefrost
May 24th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Thank you, jeni and Blonde on Blonde! You guys are so sweet. :flower:

I have to admit, I'm sort of surprised by the responses. I would've thought everyone still wore it up. But there is something to be said for letting loose when you get home. That's partly why I want long hair. Keep it when outside and around other people and let it loose when home or around close friends. Makes it a little more special in that way.

ETA: I love that updo, Madora. Love the combs too!

Madora
May 24th, 2011, 08:49 PM
@ Venefica and Lacefrost...

Thank you, ladies, for the nice compliment!

racrane
May 24th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I change it as I please. No particular style. :D

HintOfMint
May 24th, 2011, 10:53 PM
It's usually down so I can fuss with it. It's such a bad habit. Even when it's up I fuss with the baby hairs. Lately I've forced myself to put it in a braided bun and then put on a baseball hat. That's worked at stopping me.

Masara
May 24th, 2011, 10:58 PM
I ususally keep my hair in whatever updo I've been wearing all day until I've finished with cooking and eating etc, then I usually let it down to finger comb it, get any tangles out and just play with it.
On days when I'm not going out to work, I'll usually put it in an English braid or a cinnabun to get it out of my face. I'll still let it down in the vening though.

Yamainu
May 25th, 2011, 02:56 AM
I usually wear mine in a spidermom bun, held with a flexi. If not, then it's either loose, or in a nautilus.

Guenhwyvar
May 25th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Single braid over my shoulder. I'm at uni so my bed is my desk. I need something I can lie on :)

Chamy
May 25th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Like i wear it all the time (in buns, braids, other updos) but with one difference, i sometimes wear it down at home.

wandlimb
May 25th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Mines is usually loose or in a ponytail if I'm cooking.

luxepiggy
May 25th, 2011, 06:35 AM
I almost always have my hair down when I'm at home, unless I'm cooking, in which case I throw it up into a loose porkbun (^(oo)^)

Rivanariko
May 25th, 2011, 06:40 AM
99% of the time, in a braid. I hardly ever leave it down except when it's drying anymore. If I'm doing housework sometimes I'll tie it up into a bun to keep it further out of the way, but the braid takes care of it most of the time.

Colourful
May 27th, 2011, 04:20 AM
I usually braid it or wear it up, but after the shower I always wear it down.

tinti
May 27th, 2011, 04:44 AM
My hair is usually down or worn the same way as I wore it when I was at work etc when at home.

woolyleprechaun
May 27th, 2011, 04:57 AM
ive got TERRIBLE postnatal shedding going on at the moment, so its up all the time so my house isnt full of my beloved hair. I braid it when its damp, and most nights to sleep in. I brush over the bath in the morning (damn shedding:mad:) and wear a bun or something all day, then brush out on the evening ready for sleepy braids. occasionaly i do give it some down time (love the tickling on my back):) x

newbeginning
May 27th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Depending on the temperature, what I'm doing, etc. I wear it down if I'm doing something where my hair doesn't get in the way and it's not too hot. If I'm busy say making a meal then it's up.

Misti
May 27th, 2011, 02:41 PM
When I get home, I leave my hair in the updo I wore all day, then take it down to let it finish dryijg while I do my bedtime routine. (I have an 8 year old, so th bedtime routine is pretty extensive -- comb my hair, comb his (classic length) hair and rebraid it, brush our teeth, grease my face, read a bedtime story...etc.

Just before we call it a night, I either braid it or put it into a scrunchy topnot.

Oksana
May 27th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Either down or braided, not much different from when i venture out

Becky9679
May 27th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Usually I'll take it down straight away when I get home. If I'm doing any chores or cooking where it might get in the way I tend to twist it on top of my head and secure with a claw clip or sticks (this is a style I would NEVER wear out of doors as it looks completely stupid but keeps it out of the way wonderfully). When lounging on the sofa with a book or watching TV I tend to have it loose but pulled over one shoulder so it doesn't get caught on anything!

Zesty
May 27th, 2011, 03:01 PM
I usually have my hair down when I get home because I tend to get headaches from wearing buns for the entire day, and when I'm lounging around at home there's little risk of it getting caught in something, etc. This also makes impromptu S&Ds easy. If I've oiled it I'll braid it, and I do double braids for sleep.

ReadHeadGirl
May 28th, 2011, 05:40 AM
That's a shame...why not?

My hair is rarely down. It usually spends no more than a few hours a month down as I can't stand tangles, and I feel much better and more put-together with it up. So I'll normally just leave it however I was wearing it that day, or change to another updo if the one I'm wearing has stopped being comfy. At some point during the night I normally switch to a french or dutch braid; this is what I sleep in.

My hair is beginning to get to a length, however, where its sheer weight and length is keeping it from spilling all over my shoulders and into my face. Perhaps I'll start to wear it down a bit more now. I can't stand hair in my face.

I would like sometimes to keep my hair down at home,I mean simply undone,loose, with only a headband to keep it off face,but mom is like (and very serious about it) : "where is the ponytail holder" ? so I basically tie it back

Dragon
May 28th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Usually double plaits because it quick and easy.

Xandergrammy
May 28th, 2011, 06:16 AM
If I wore it up during the day, then I take it down and do a side braid. If I wore it braided, I just leave it that way (but take out any decorative barrettes, etc.). I rarely wear it down because my constant companion, my 14 year old chihuahua, likes to try and make a bed out of it. :inlove:

Jean Stuart
May 28th, 2011, 06:34 AM
I keep it up. It gets in the way or I play with it too much.

milagro
May 28th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Usually in braids and pinned up, it's comfy, well-holding and doesn't pull like ponytails or buns. Or half-up, half-down. I do my hair before breakfast because I don't like it all over the place. Later in the day I may redo it in some other style I fancy. Sometimes I wear it loose but I get less and less accustomed to it :)

Sweet_Decadence
May 28th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I'll usually wear my hair in a scrunchy bun or a high pony but if I've had a fairly simple updo or braids I'll usually leave them as is.

QueenJoey
May 28th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I usually wear braids out of the house, then take them out the minute I get home. I don't know what it is, I just feel more comfortable when I can feel my hair on my back or shoulder. which is probably why I don't wear my hair in updos, and when I do, I fiddle with them alot and eventually take them down. I think it's because I've wanted long hair for so long that I can do stuff with (The reason I originally decided to grow my hair was because I saw Tangled and Rapunzel's hair was so multi-functional.) It's almost a shame, in my opinion, to have long beautiful hair only to tuck it away all the time. I mean, if you got it, flaunt it!

WaterMusic
May 28th, 2011, 01:42 PM
It's always in some sort of arrangment on the top of my head if I'm just lounging around the house. It usually looks ridiculous, but I find it more comfortable because it's out of my way and I can still rest my head on things. I can't stand hair falling on my face.

AngryVikingGirl
May 28th, 2011, 07:08 PM
It's funny, I usually wear my hair down when I go out, at home I rather like it in a loose ponytail as i don't want to deal with it.

ksanka02
May 28th, 2011, 07:52 PM
if my hair is clean I will wear it down, if not so fresh I will put it in the bun or braid.

deja
September 17th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Top-knot or English braid

Mainesongbird
September 17th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Usually I wear my hair up during the day, at night I try to do a loose braid

Crumpet
September 17th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Hair down for me is for special events/people.

I wear my hair up most of the time, even when I'm at home. I used to do a braid instead of a bun when I got home but I worried about the tie on my poor ends (they're very thin due to fine hair and layers). Since I have begun my love affair with my sleep cap I have been putting my hair loose into the sleep cap. I really like that as it gets my hair out of the way but it feels loose, down and relaxed.

I love my sleep cap.

Katrine
September 17th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Up often, it tends to get in the way. But when I'm relaxing it feels good to wear it down.

Seeshami
September 17th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Wild child down ness. We don't wear cloths generally at home, Naughty Mess included.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/BrokenCagedBird/bc7615ac-e6d9-498f-8a06-2ec1e059d817_zpse9b52f88.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/BrokenCagedBird/media/bc7615ac-e6d9-498f-8a06-2ec1e059d817_zpse9b52f88.jpg.html)

The Naughty Mess says, "They may take our pillows, and tie knots in us but they can NEVER take our FREEDOM."

That's not how Brave Heart goes Mess.

NataschaB.
September 17th, 2013, 07:11 PM
I have my hair in a bun secured with a claw clip or else it's loose :)

longNred
September 17th, 2013, 07:18 PM
It's usually exactly as I had it all day, until about 9pm when I finally sit down to relax. Then down for an hour, then braid for bed!

Seeshami, love the mess's color!

Seeshami
September 17th, 2013, 07:43 PM
It's usually exactly as I had it all day, until about 9pm when I finally sit down to relax. Then down for an hour, then braid for bed!

Seeshami, love the mess's color!

Thank you, me too. I think he likes them but he'll lie and tell you he doesn't if you ask him. I have no idea what he's up to right now but something has distracted him

Sharysa
September 17th, 2013, 07:47 PM
I'm boring--either I just keep it in its braid or I let it down so my scalp can breathe.

And if I don't feel like redoing my sleep braids, I can just wander around the house with messy pigtails.

Leeloo
September 17th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Usually in a bun, but I like the idea of wearing the sleep cap at home!

jacqueline101
September 17th, 2013, 09:23 PM
A braid secured with a claw clip on top of my head.

Magalo
September 17th, 2013, 09:53 PM
A nape braid! Identical to what I'm wearing to sleep. not stylish for going out, but easy and comfortable for home.

caromarpie
September 18th, 2013, 12:42 AM
I live it down, or make a quick bun when required to do messy things and braid it before going to bed.

Emanuelle
September 18th, 2013, 01:31 AM
I just wear it down ^^ And sometimes I practice with different braids and updos :)

Emanuelle
September 18th, 2013, 01:34 AM
I just like to wear it down when I'm at home :) and sometimes I like to practice with different braids and updos :)

MeowScat
September 18th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Lazy wrap bun on top of my head held with a hair stick. I know I should try different buns, but this one is so easy and awesome.

Flor
September 18th, 2013, 03:42 AM
English brand if I can't be bothered. French if I want to make sure shorter layers stay out of my face. Buns are not very secure at my length yet and I don't like it that I can't rest my head comfortably with an updo.

It used to be a ponytail for most of my life. Until I finally figured out that it's the reason why I always get a lot of splits and damage on top layer.

Natalina
September 18th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Claw-clipped into a bun, with a small clip for my bangs. Almost at all times. Occasionally I let them down (when I'm not doing anything), because I love the feeling. :)

Stray_mind
September 18th, 2013, 06:16 AM
I wear my hair down or put it in a loose ponytail, or in a bun, tied with thick elastic (without metal). When my hair was longer, i used to braid it in one simple braid, but now the most i can do is elastic tied bun, peacock twist or ponytail...

NuclearApple
September 18th, 2013, 06:23 AM
I usually wear it up in a quick style I do in the morning,when I wash it I wear it down and then I braid it or put three elastica in it to go to bed(I usually wash in the evening-night).

veryhairyfairy
September 18th, 2013, 08:20 AM
It really depends on what kind of day I'm going to be having or just had.
If It's a weekend and I'll be home all day, it's usually in fantastically fuzzy sleep braids ALL day. Sometimes they become night 2 sleep braids if it's been a particularly lazy day! (this may be changing, though, as I've switched to loose hair in a sleep cap to better protect from chewing and/or clawing kitties... nothing like finding a cat bite mark on your neck to let you know there may be things you aren't noticing in your sleep...)

If I'm home after (and before) class, it's contained in it's bun for the day to keep it out of my way while I whirl about the house like a dervish. I only really take it down for my Internet Relaxation Time (ie, LHC and Dr. Phil on youtube) before bed.

melusine963
September 18th, 2013, 09:05 AM
deja, what's with all the thread necromancy from 2011? Why not start new threads on similar topics?

deja
September 18th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Sorry, melusine963, I didn't realize it was a problem. :( I just searched a topic and replied to threads. Didn't notice the dates.

veryhairyfairy
September 18th, 2013, 09:30 AM
deja, what's with all the thread necromancy from 2011? Why not start new threads on similar topics?

:shrug: I've only seen deja resurrecting threads that have a very general topic and with many pages. As a newbie, I find these 'large' threads on general topics really interesting, and I'm sure they're providing insight to other newbs about how people generally care for their long hair. I only find thread necromancy (love that phrase!) irritating if it was somebody asking for advice on a very specific topic.

(and I actually find new topics on the same thing over and over really cluttering on the forum) Just my 2 cents. :flower:

melusine963
September 18th, 2013, 10:03 AM
:shrug: I've only seen deja resurrecting threads that have a very general topic and with many pages. As a newbie, I find these 'large' threads on general topics really interesting, and I'm sure they're providing insight to other newbs about how people generally care for their long hair. I only find thread necromancy (love that phrase!) irritating if it was somebody asking for advice on a very specific topic.

(and I actually find new topics on the same thing over and over really cluttering on the forum) Just my 2 cents. :flower:

You're quite right that it's only generic threads, and I'm sorry if I came off as judgemental. There's no rule against resurrecting threads that I'm aware of, but it can be considered poor form when it's easy enough to create a new thread. Creating a new thread when the old one hasn't been updated in two years hardly counts as cluttering up the board. I've seen people make a new thread but include a link to the old one in the OP.

That said, I'm sorry for coming across as newbie-bashing. deja, I enjoy reading your posts. One of them recently made me laugh quite a bit, although I can't remember which one it was now. :doh:

earthnut
September 18th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Down is my default unless I'm going out and my hair is unruly. Then up is my default until it's in an updo that interferes with resting my head back in a seat. Then I let it down until I need it up again.

Gothchiq
September 18th, 2013, 01:27 PM
If I'm sedentary, I leave it down. If I'm cooking or doing chores I either ponytail it or put it up in a claw clip. If I'm working on my editing, I pull the top half back so it doesn't flop forward into my face.

Agnes Hannah
September 18th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Usually in my claw clip, but I might investigate scrunchies. Loose for nighttime tho' braiding seems to cause breakage for me so Im scared to do that.

Silverbrumby
September 18th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Braid or bun.

Bun15
September 18th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Ponytail. Ever since I could remember, ponytail has always been my beast friend. Whether it be out of the shower and when I wake up, the first thing I do is put it in a low ponytail. The funny thing is that I can't stand a ponytail to go to sleep, so I leave it down.

Mononoke
September 18th, 2013, 05:27 PM
I usually wear my hair in a bun at home, since I like to wear it down outside so I'm trying to minimize the damage.

Coolcombination
September 19th, 2013, 05:10 AM
I wear it in a scrunchie cinnamon on the top of my head

nakima
September 21st, 2013, 05:05 PM
I go back and forth between wearing it down and a braid

Katrina
September 21st, 2013, 05:51 PM
In a nautilus bun.

mscm
September 21st, 2013, 07:38 PM
Either in a bun or soaked with oil wrapped in an old t-shirt. Love it :)

VJG
September 21st, 2013, 10:53 PM
Most often I wear it single braided or down. Nothing fancy, and nothing that will interfere with leaning my head back.

Ambystoma
September 22nd, 2013, 09:08 PM
After work I take it down for a couple of hours, but most of the time at home it lives in a low loose bun held with a stick, and then goes into a high loose bun for sleeping unless it's been washed and then it needs to stay down as much as is practical (so I sweep it into a bun just long enough to get it out of the way of some activity, and then take it straight down again so that it has a chance to dry).

I tend to wear it down more often when going out, as a special occasion thing when I want to feel pretty!

0xalis
September 23rd, 2013, 12:12 AM
Depends on the day. Typically I wear my hair up when I'm out, and then once I come home it stays up until I get tired of it, and then I wear it down until bed.
Sometimes I throw it into a bun, or a ponytail if I can't be bothered with anything else.

Selchie
October 2nd, 2013, 03:47 PM
Always in a simple braid.

Kiwiwi
October 2nd, 2013, 04:19 PM
70% in two pig tail braids.
20% in an english, normal braid.
10% down/loose.
:)

Audhumla
October 2nd, 2013, 04:43 PM
I keep mine down at home because my hair is always up when I go out. I figure it needs a break sometimes.
My boyfriend says it makes him feel special because for months at a time he's the only one who sees my hair down :p

FuzzyBlackWaves
October 2nd, 2013, 05:04 PM
Usually just in a side braid, but if it's been in a tight style during the day then I'll let it loose for a bit.

Nope
October 2nd, 2013, 05:10 PM
I have a pixie, so I can't do anything with it :P but I pin my bangs back and tuck it behind my ears at home because i don't like it in my face all the time.

Saldana
October 2nd, 2013, 05:19 PM
Right now, it's so short that I wear it down, or maybe a little of it clipped up in a barette to keep it out of my face. But when it was TBL, I wore it in updos all day every day, and down at home until I started cooking or something, then it would get a quick braid.

merrow
October 25th, 2013, 11:58 AM
I will almost always have my hair in a bun or french braid when I'm at home.

shavannah7
October 25th, 2013, 12:19 PM
I usually keep it the way I wore it for the day. If it's getting greasy I braid it or put in a headscarf

Wallabear
October 25th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I almost always wear my hair in a bun at the back and sometimes a braid. When I'm going out somewhere special, I'll do a twist or a french braid. It's hard to figure out a balance between not pulling one's hair too much in a tight hold and avoiding tangles. I have curly and damaged hair that needs as much protection as I can give it.