PDA

View Full Version : Help !

danceri110
May 23rd, 2011, 02:37 PM
: Warning: Wavy Hair Issue :

Is it just me or do we wavies have the most hair angst ?(x

Anyways; so my issue is that on the right side of my hair, from the chin up is wavy but from the chin down my hair is straight, and then it waves a bit on the ends.

WHY IS THIS ? Is the bottom damaged more than the top ? Because for a while I had been using the Herbal Essences Color Me Happy (because my dad got the wrong kind by accident) and it dried out my hair and made it quite straight. Now for the most part my hair is 2a, but that one section is 1b/c !

Also, I recently switch the side on which I part my hair, but it was happening when my hair was parted on the other side too.

Any ideas ? D:

spidermom
May 23rd, 2011, 02:54 PM
It is pretty common for hair to do weird things for no particular reason. I've seen shed hairs from my head that wurl around in a spiral, then go straight, then end in sort of a zig-zag. Take the best possible of your hair that you can to minimize any damage, and find a way to style your hair so that the weirdness doesn't bother you. For example, you can make a top-of-head ponytail at night (not too tight) and roll the ends, pull the sides and top back for a half-up, or braid your hair at night for next-day braid waves.

danceri110
May 23rd, 2011, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the help ; I guess I'll just have to learn to love it(;

delsh
May 23rd, 2011, 06:27 PM
I have issues with my waves as well - it seems like part of my hair is solid 2a, but the rest is more 1c, or 1b! I have the most wave on my canopy, but I wear a side part so more waves end up on one side than the other. When it really bothers me I just wear a half up - that gets the unruly parts out of the way, but I can still wear it mostly down. But for a sure fire fix, definitely try different styling tricks like Spidermom suggested. Maybe plopping would help even out the waves, or curling cream? Good luck!