PDA

View Full Version : Are any long haired horseriders out here?

Gaelle27
May 23rd, 2011, 05:46 AM
Hello! I love to know if there are any long haired horseriders around ( I'm a passioned one myself) or better, sidesaddle ladys! Tell me where are you from, how you ride, and lets share some pictures!
:pegasus:

WaitingSoLong
May 23rd, 2011, 07:57 AM
There are several of us here. There is a user created group for it, too. I don't ride much anymore, but my 4-hoofed pasture ornaments don't care. Western pleasure. Been scared to ride since I was thrown last time I rode.

Oksana
May 23rd, 2011, 08:05 AM
Me too :) I ride English...being English of course!

Sold my horses before i went to university due to time commitments but hope to be back in the saddle as soon a possible.
There are a few pictures of my last horse in one of my albums or the user group WaitingSoLong mentioned.

ruffian
May 23rd, 2011, 08:27 AM
Dressage instructor here. I also raise Draft horses - Shires and Clydesdales. :)

Cowgirl16
May 23rd, 2011, 10:19 AM
HI! We own three horses, two Quarter horses and one Morgan. :cool: We like to trail ride, we have miles of trails right out our gate or we trailer up to the cool country.

MafiaPrincess
May 23rd, 2011, 12:35 PM
English as well.

Don't own horses, just borrow friends.

LoveMyLongHair
May 23rd, 2011, 12:42 PM
Here, here......and I ride aside too!! :p Not to many of us out there.

Besides aside, love to ride western or bareback.

LoveMyLongHair
May 23rd, 2011, 12:42 PM
Dressage instructor here. I also raise Draft horses - Shires and Clydesdales. :)

Shires......my dream horse.....do you have a website, by chance?

Gaelle27
May 25th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Here, here......and I ride aside too!! :p Not to many of us out there.

Besides aside, love to ride western or bareback.

Thats wounderfull! I rode aside for one year, but had to stop (the saddle fly away:() I LOVE it! realy do.... I've been dreaming about it a lot of times....but I cant get a saddle! Now I'm going back to "normal" dressage riding again....

racrane
May 25th, 2011, 10:52 PM
I ride as well! Glad to see a thread about it. I don't own (a poor college student here) but I ride with friends often in the summer. It makes me relaxed and happy. I've been riding since I was 5. :)

Ava666
May 25th, 2011, 11:06 PM
I ride whatever horse is available, don't own any, I have 2 side saddles (yes i have ridden in one of them (just not for a while)), and 2 english saddles, but I love riding bareback (the horse the one being naked, not me.) I also ride western, but haven't found a saddle yet, love barrel racing. :) just need to figure out what to do with my hair and the helmet. lol

Captain Nikki
May 25th, 2011, 11:11 PM
I've got 2 ponies. One is a chestnut gelding, Australian Stud Saddle Pony, 13.1hh, nearly 14yrs old. He does one day events, dressage and pony club. The other pony is Arab x Aust. Stud Saddle Pony, chestnut, mare, 14hh, nearly 25 yrs old. I've had the gelding since 2002 & the mare since 1994. The mare has done a bit of everything over the years but mostly dressage & hack shows. She just does pleasure/trail riding now.
I've owned & ridden horses for over 25 years.