PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who didn't like an ACV rinse...

julliams
May 23rd, 2011, 05:26 AM
try it again! I did it once and really had no results. My hair stunk like vinegar and I noticed no difference in my hair.

I have just spend the weekend in Tasmania, Australia and whilst visiting a brewery there I picked up a Tasmanian Beer Shampoo bar as a bit of a momento of the trip. http://www.beebeauty.com/hair-care/tasmanian-beer-shampoo-bar-all-hair-types

I have always "not got" shampoo bars but once I tried it, it made total sense and I didn't mind it. Washing it out, my hair was beyond squeaky clean - my fingers got stuck in my hair it was so squeaky. It was a very wierd feeling but I was determind to see it through and see how it made my hair feel.

I poured out a litre of distilled water and 1/3 cup of organic ACV. I used it as a rinse in my hair, left it for about a couple of minutes and then rinsed it out.

My hair is not totally dry as yet but I can see that I do like it. My hair is soft like others have described, it does not smell like a salad, actually smells more like the shampoo bar and I'm happy with my wave pattern.

The wierd feeling that I felt could well be the build-up that's already on my hair as I have been using silicone products for a while now. I wonder if I'll have the same results with my next wash, as I'm assuming that the ACV rinse it getting rid of some of the build up right?

Anyway, the point of my thread is that I had tried it once and decided it wasn't for me, now I actually do like it and think I will put it into my routine from time to time.

Phalaenopsis
May 23rd, 2011, 05:37 AM
Funny that this thread popped up :) I just tried a vinegar rinse for the first time yesterday and it didn't do very much...

So I will try again thanks to your post ^^

julliams
May 23rd, 2011, 05:46 AM
For me it may have been the fact that the first time I did it I hadn't rinsed it out (thinking that it would work better) or it could have been the ratio of vinegar to water. Most unlikely but possible is it could have been the organic acv because last time I used the regular stuff. Perhaps it was pairing it up with the shampoo bar which actually recommended using an ACV rinse which is what prompted me to try it again in the first place. In any case, I'm happy with the results.