PDA

View Full Version : Not a short-hair anymore!

linnepinne
May 22nd, 2011, 04:26 PM
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share a small milestone. I am now currently at aaaaaaalmost APL (my longest layers are definately APL, but most of my hair is somewhere between SL and APL). And for the first time in years I feel like I don't have short hair :joy:
I absolutely DO NOT feel like I have LONG hair, but there is a certain feeling about my hair right now which I am really enjoying. I can feel it on my back, and I can easily put it up in a bun, braid or ponytail.

So, all of my fellow used-to-be-shorties, when did you first start to feel like you weren't a shortie anymore?

Hugs/ linnepinne

tinywife
May 22nd, 2011, 04:33 PM
Not there yet :(
I think I'll feel it when I can't see light between my ends and my shoulders.

elbow chic
May 22nd, 2011, 04:33 PM
Congratulations!!

I first felt like my hair wasn't short last summer, probably about the same length as you. I was wearing a sloppy french twist while checking into a hotel, and the desk clerk was like, "omg, how long is your hair??"

I was soooo tickled. ;)

Copasetic
May 22nd, 2011, 04:37 PM
By most non-LHC people's standards, you're hair is quite long! Happy growing :)

Firefly
May 22nd, 2011, 04:40 PM
I first started to feel like I had long hair around BSL. Now that seems short to me! I think it changes as we grow. Congrats to you! :flower:

McFearless
May 22nd, 2011, 04:56 PM
Congrats!

You don't have to have ankle length hair to call it long :D

jojo
May 22nd, 2011, 04:59 PM
woo hoo! thats lovely, i felt like a longie when i reached apl; great milestone!

bondeandeebowl
May 22nd, 2011, 06:45 PM
Congratulations! I actually just told my boyfriend the other day that I don't feel like I have short hair anymore (by non LHC standards of course :D). It certainly isn't long, but I think I'm growing out of the short hair finally! I haven't had long hair in like six years so it feels super long to me right now (can't wait until it actually is).

owlathena
May 22nd, 2011, 07:08 PM
I still sometimes feel short, although most of the time I feel "medium."

caiti42
May 23rd, 2011, 12:52 AM
I'm just past APL and still feel short :( I live in a town where fake breasts and waist length extentions are the norm though lol.

Fethenwen
May 23rd, 2011, 01:01 AM
Congrats!

You don't have to have ankle length hair to call it long :D

Indeed!

I started to feel that my hair was starting to get long for real when I got nearer APL length.

CrystalStar
May 23rd, 2011, 01:08 AM
Congratulations! :D To most peoples/non-LHC standards shoulder length is long! :laugh:

Eolan
May 23rd, 2011, 03:45 AM
Congratulations, linnepinne! Heja, heja! :)

I'm starting to feel that my hair is sort of getting long. I'm almost at BSL again. So sort of, almost long, kind of. :silly:

Garnet66
May 23rd, 2011, 07:53 AM
I personally consider shoulder length hair long so you have really long hair to me. I can't wait for mine to hit shoulder length. Congrats on the milestone.

WaitingSoLong
May 23rd, 2011, 07:56 AM
APL for me, too. It is all about perspective.

Tiina
May 23rd, 2011, 08:01 AM
Also APL but I can't wait until I finally get really long.

tinti
May 23rd, 2011, 08:29 AM
Congrats! When I had WL hair I felt like a medium ... I don't know when I'll feel like my hair is long :p

PiroskaCicu
May 23rd, 2011, 08:40 AM
Congrats on the growth! :)

My hair only started to feel long now that I've reached BSL. Yesterday was wash day for my hair and I could feel my hair already past my bra strap quite a bit!

rapunzhell13
May 23rd, 2011, 08:42 AM
Once I was able to put it all up with just a single hair tie, that's when I started to feel like my hair was long again. It hasn't been long since I've reached that point, but I've been loving every second of it!! Growing out to that stage is the worst for me. Once I can put it up and get it out of my way I finally start to relax and enjoy the journey. :)

musicallberrii
May 23rd, 2011, 08:43 AM
Congrats and happy growing! :) I felt like a long hair once I reached BSL

vanillabones
May 23rd, 2011, 08:43 AM
I haven't had long hair since childhood, and even then I'd cut it to chin yearly. I've always kept a pixie.
I'll feel like I personally have 'long' hair once I'm at shoulder. Ah it will feel amazing!
Once I'm at APL I'll feel like for the first time ever I'll be on my way to having 'real' long hair. I do want to grow to TBL but SL/APL will be my best milestone. I can't wait. Congratulations to you!

vintage88
May 23rd, 2011, 09:02 AM
I'm currently at BSL and finally feel like my hair is long. I can't imagine how I will feel once I reach WL :D:cheese:

Kisa
May 23rd, 2011, 09:27 AM
Congrats! I think that is pretty long for most people who doesn't grow their hair as we do here on LHC! :p

celebriangel
May 23rd, 2011, 03:07 PM
Weirdly, even though I grew out from a pixie, I had always kept my hair between APL and midback - almost waist a few times - so even though I'm BSL now, I still feel like I have short hair :( But I'm glad your hair is growing! I think mine grows pretty fast. I think/hope I will feel like a longhair at a few inches above waist - which is only a few inches away right now, as I'm short waisted. Here's hoping! I should have waist for christmas though, hopefully, so it's not too long to wait...