PDA

View Full Version : An Argument About Hair Length and Height

gogirlanime
May 22nd, 2011, 04:24 PM
This is an argument I had with someone a few years back. I was telling her, "the taller you are, the longer it's going to take for you to get to a certain length of hair" and she was like, "no ten inches of hair is ten inches of hair on anyone" then I said, "no, I mean like if you are six feet tall, growing your hair out to your butt is going to take longer than someone who is five feet tall because your butt is about where the middle of your height meet, that means that you must grow your hair out six more inches if you are six feet tall than five feet tall" and she never understood what I meant. Does anyone here know what I'm saying? I am like 99% sure I'm right about this, tell me if I'm wrong, but she didn't get it. It makes sense if you are taller, growing your hair out to a certain length marker (shoulders, middle of your back, classic, etc) is going to take longer than someone who is shorter.

nazzooyzo
May 22nd, 2011, 04:25 PM
yup i totally agree with you

elbow chic
May 22nd, 2011, 04:26 PM
You are both right.

She is right that ten inches of hair is ten inches of hair.

You are right that it takes more inches to reach bodypart markers on a taller person.

Mesmerise
May 22nd, 2011, 04:28 PM
Well yes 10" is 10", but if a three year old child has 10" of hair I can guarantee it looks "longer" than it does on an adult. Same as how on a person 5' tall waist may be 28" on a person 6' tall it might be 32" (of course, this varies from person to person because some shorter people are longer waisted and some taller people are shorter waisted).

Besides which, I'm pretty sure you'll find plenty of tall girls on LHC bemoaning how much longer it takes them to achieve significant milestones with their hair growth because of how tall they are :p. That's probably the only advantage to being short that I've found... it doesn't take as long for me to get long hair!! (Oh and errm I don't have to bend over as far to pick stuff up off the ground...)

McFearless
May 22nd, 2011, 04:45 PM
Yeah you're right.

I like hip length hair and nothing beyond it on my body. I wish I was taller so that I'd have longer hair but still have it reach my hips.

Rivanariko
May 22nd, 2011, 04:48 PM
You're both right. 40" will be classic for me, and it wouldn't take someone taller than me any longer to grow to those 40", but it might be only tailbone or hip on them. Being shorter gives you the appearance of having long hair faster, but I do think that super-long hair looks more impressive on really tall people because, dang, if someone is 6'2 and has knee-length hair, their hair is probably longer than my entire body!

1953Diygal
May 22nd, 2011, 04:50 PM
You're right. I think your friend is thinking about it in terms of the whole "which is heavier, a pound of brick or a pound of feathers" argument.

I'm 5'7" and I must be long-waisted because on most people, waist-length is around 30" but on me it's more like 34". I finally figured out that it had everything to do with height and body structure.

Mesmerise
May 22nd, 2011, 04:52 PM
You're right. I think your friend is thinking about it in terms of the whole "which is heavier, a pound of brick or a pound of feathers" argument.

I'm 5'7" and I must be long-waisted because on most people, waist-length is around 30" but on me it's more like 34". I finally figured out that it had everything to do with height and body structure.

I'm only 4'11" and waist is 29" on me, but for most shorties it seems quite a bit less! But I guess I still have less to go to hip or TB than most taller girls ;). Hip on me is 32" so doesn't seem too bad as a goal!

slythwolf
May 22nd, 2011, 04:54 PM
It's not just height, it's also proportion. Getting to waist from BSL took me almost no time because I'm very short-waisted; my bra band and my waist are only about 3" apart. But since I have such long legs, it's going to take me forever to get from tailbone to knee.

gogirlanime
May 22nd, 2011, 04:56 PM
I'm glad to know others know what I meant because she was really getting me steamed haha. Yeah, ten inches will always be ten inches, but what length marker on the body is it at was the argument. Thanks guys!

jojo
May 22nd, 2011, 05:02 PM
Sure 10" is 10" however if classic length is only 35" because your short and 45" because your taller of course its going to take longer; theres a 10" difference between the two goals!

Heck these kinda arguments make me wanna scream! I don't think she got what you was saying; I do totally!

jojo
May 22nd, 2011, 05:04 PM

I must be even stranger I am just 5 foot 6 and waist is 30" on me but classic is 46"! short body and long ass!

MandyBeth
May 22nd, 2011, 07:08 PM
I am VERY short waisted. For me, once I get to BSL - ages away yet - it's 6 inches to HIP. From hip to classic is way longer, classic to knee is WAY longer.

spidermom
May 22nd, 2011, 07:28 PM
You are right. Have a tape measure handy in case you ever get into this discussion again. You could possibly show her how different the same measurement can be on different bodies.

One thing that drove me crazy when I was anxious to get to classic length was how long it was taking my hair to get over my big fat butt to my thighs. When I'd pull half my hair in front of each shoulder, it already touched my thighs. When I'd throw it to the back, it didn't because my butt was in the way.

ALYSSA
May 22nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
ive had so many of these arguments! i understand your frustration haha i am tall about 5'6 and im 17 i have beenthis height for a few years now and i feel im tall i have a prettty long torso but im at waist right now and about only 3 more inches and im at hip

Chetanlaiho
May 23rd, 2011, 05:41 AM
Yup, this is exactly one of the reasons I don't like being 5'10" xD Good thing I'm only aiming for waist, maybe hip because most of my height is in my legs ^^