PDA

View Full Version : Embrace your frizz

proo
May 22nd, 2011, 03:24 PM
Inspired and enlightened by many here I humbly suggest it - to not only accept it, but revel in and enhance it. To use it to it's best advantage which high fashion often does. I'm not claiming to be in this zen state myself, but sometimes I have a glimpse and I can tell there's something profound there.

musicallberrii
May 22nd, 2011, 03:33 PM
Frizz usually indicates dry hair or other problems.. I have frizzy hair and wet-oil my hair. I have to tame mine; if allowed to run wild it may take over the world!

proo
May 22nd, 2011, 03:45 PM
I believe my hair to be in it's best possible state: no heat, no dye (ever, in my 52 years), gentle finger-combing, yada yada - I'm just always going to have frizz so I may as well stop trying to "fix" it and just work with it. It does help to keep braids in without fasteners.

ewhalin
May 22nd, 2011, 03:55 PM
Ohhhh how I wish I could accept the frizz I have! My hair is so fine/thin, so it's not heavy enough to just lay down... but it *is* also dry. Fine, dry hair :P I'm working to embrace it, it's just not easy :)

QMacrocarpa
May 22nd, 2011, 04:03 PM
Yup, I embrace my frizz. I've just discovered that I can do a variation on the Chinese bun with no elastic or braided start. I just stick a hairstick back there and it stays put while I start wrapping. Hair with grip has its points. :)

terpentyna
May 22nd, 2011, 04:05 PM
My hair is frizzy and slippery. I'm not sure which of the two I should work with.

elbow chic
May 22nd, 2011, 04:29 PM
I think frizz is fun! :D

proo
May 22nd, 2011, 04:33 PM
Now we're rollin!

elbow chic
May 22nd, 2011, 04:36 PM
Sometimes I like to brush out my hair upside down with a BBB, and then stand back up and admire how HUUUUUUGE it is. Like a lion's mane! :laugh:

(that said, I don't leave the house like that. I hate wrassling with tangles and for me that's just begging for a headful of knots.)

Copasetic
May 22nd, 2011, 04:38 PM
I think some frizz looks nice. I prefer it to hair that is perfectly smooth, like a magazine ad.

ashamanjababu
May 22nd, 2011, 04:40 PM
Sigh, not me. I hate my frizz. Especially because it's only the lower 40% of my hair. I wish it was ALL like the crown hair.

Xandergrammy
May 22nd, 2011, 04:45 PM
I actually think I've learned to embrace my frizz because in 55 years, I haven't found anything I like that completely eliminates it. Some hair is just not meant to be tamed. :gabigrin:

jojo
May 22nd, 2011, 05:07 PM
Frizz usually indicates dry hair or other problems.. I have frizzy hair and wet-oil my hair. I have to tame mine; if allowed to run wild it may take over the world!

not necessary, it can also be the result of hidden waves/curls. Ive had frizz all my life even as a child. I always knew my hair was wavy, just not how much until I had the right routine. My hair no longer frizzes half as much these days.

jojo
May 22nd, 2011, 05:09 PM
I actually think I've learned to embrace my frizz because in 55 years, I haven't found anything I like that completely eliminates it. Some hair is just not meant to be tamed. :gabigrin:

EVOO helped mine a lot but I wouldn't want you to change a thing about your hair its beautiful just the way it is :)

spidermom
May 22nd, 2011, 06:21 PM
My husband says that when the light hits my frizz just right, it looks like I have a halo and reminds him what an angel I am. (really - he said that) He also will say "your angel hairs are glowing today."

virgo75
May 22nd, 2011, 06:21 PM
not necessary, it can also be the result of hidden waves/curls. Ive had frizz all my life even as a child. I always knew my hair was wavy, just not how much until I had the right routine. My hair no longer frizzes half as much these days.

Agree with this. :agree:
I've always had this poofy halo around the front of my hairline mainly at the 2 indents of my widow's peak. Today after washing I was frustrated and pulled the poofy hair up to see exactly where it was coming from and found out. Then I applied a little conditioner mixed with water and styled them separately to see what they would do. Waddayknow! They made 2 little curlie cues! My DD said they looked like curly little horns. :lol: I never realized that area was so curly when the rest isn't the same.

All this to say: try putting some co + water on your frizzy areas to see what they do. They may be trying to curl. :)

spidermom
May 22nd, 2011, 06:26 PM
Agree with this. :agree:
I've always had this poofy halo around the front of my hairline mainly at the 2 indents of my widow's peak. Today after washing I was frustrated and pulled the poofy hair up to see exactly where it was coming from and found out. Then I applied a little conditioner mixed with water and styled them separately to see what they would do. Waddayknow! They made 2 little curlie cues! My DD said they looked like curly little horns. :lol: I never realized that area was so curly when the rest isn't the same.

All this to say: try putting some co + water on your frizzy areas to see what they do. They may be trying to curl. :)

So true, and sometimes hair needs length to curl, which is what happened to me. What looked like POOF at shorter lengths turned out to be spiral curls around APL to BSL. Who knew? (not me) It took length and weight to reveal them.

christine1989
May 22nd, 2011, 07:10 PM
I used to despise frizz and do my best to kill it and although I still use products to tame the frizz I now look at it in a positive light. Most of my frizz is comprised of shorter, new growth that won't tuck well into an updo yet. Considering that lots of frizz usually means lots of new growth and more thickness then I suppose I can accept it :).

luthein
May 22nd, 2011, 07:14 PM
I don't know if I have frizz, or if I just have special hairs that defy gravity. I have really coarse, wiry/kinked hairs on the top of my head that is a different hair type from the rest of it. I also have hairs that are medium brown...and the rest of my virgin hair is blonde.

Madora
May 22nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
Frizz doesn't bother me much because I tame it in 2 ways:

1 When brushing, I follow each stroke of the brush with the palm of my other hand. This cuts down on the static made by the brush when brushing

2 After shampooing/rinsing, the tiny hairs are flyaway..but a tiny dab of coconut oil tames those little devils!

jojo
May 22nd, 2011, 07:45 PM
My husband says that when the light hits my frizz just right, it looks like I have a halo and reminds him what an angel I am. (really - he said that) He also will say "your angel hairs are glowing today."

your hubby sounds a nice man!:)

Talula
May 23rd, 2011, 01:17 AM
Sigh, not me. I hate my frizz. Especially because it's only the lower 40% of my hair. I wish it was ALL like the crown hair.

I'm the opposite... my crown frizz shows & bothers me WAY more than my length frizz!

carmenvanessa
May 23rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
My hair likes to frizz, so I started washing it only two times a week and cut down on the styling products. Now its softer and more manageable. My hair gets frizzy when it's dry, so I have just been keeping it moisturized with Vitamin E oil from Trader Joe's so that the wavy curls can do their thing.

Firefox7275
May 23rd, 2011, 01:02 PM
I don't want to embrace my frizz because I'd rather see my lovely waves and wurls! :D Often frizz is dryness or treating hair as if it were straight instead of curly.