PDA

View Full Version : Finally a hair care routine that I love, is good for me, and looks good, too!

Lilli
May 22nd, 2011, 07:27 AM
After so much experimenting, I LOVE what I'm doing with my hair!

1. Chagrin Valley Chamomile & Citrus shampoo bar. (I got a lot of samples and this was by far the best. I am sensitive to lots of stuff, and very natural-minded, so this makes me happy.)

2. Natural conditioner from ears down (Giovanni 50/50 or Body Shop Rainforest Moisture.)

3. Rinse under the warm water. Squeeze out water. Rinse with filtered water with a little bit of fresh lemon juice. (I do not rinse that out b/c we have a well and a softener that doesn't work consistently, so filtered water is way better until I spring for a shower filter.)

4. Comb and apply 2 drops pure argan oil from ears down.

I wash every day as my hair is blonde and very fine, so it dulls easily from pollution, dirt, sweat. I can actually do this twice a day and it is still quite soft. It is blindingly shiny when I do this routine, and doesn't tangle at all.

Had to share b/c I am so happy! :cheese:

Chetanlaiho
May 22nd, 2011, 07:51 AM
Happy to hear you found something that works so well ^^ too bad you're so far away or I'd give you the remnants of my Bodyshop rainforest moisture conditioner because I didn't like it at all and don't know what to do with it xD

racrane
May 22nd, 2011, 09:23 AM
I'm happy you have a great routine! I, too, have fine blond hair that I need to shampoo every day. I dilute my shampoo, though, so it's not as harsh.

luthein
May 22nd, 2011, 10:51 AM
Ooo, I might have to try the filtered water idea. I live in an area that has rather hard water. Do you wet your hair with filtered water, first? Or is it just a rinse?

spidermom
May 22nd, 2011, 11:05 AM
A little warning about wetting your hair too often: it causes the hair shaft to swell and the cuticle to lift. Do it too often, and eventually the cuticle gets worn out and doesn't close properly any more; then you'll have rough, water-damaged hair. Coconut oil does help to limit this type of damage, though; I don't know about argan oil.

bunzfan
May 22nd, 2011, 11:27 AM
A little warning about wetting your hair too often: it causes the hair shaft to swell and the cuticle to lift. Do it too often, and eventually the cuticle gets worn out and doesn't close properly any more; then you'll have rough, water-damaged hair. Coconut oil does help to limit this type of damage, though; I don't know about argan oil.

Thanks for this spidermom i was wetting the ends daily but they looked so dry after what you have just said that could be the reason why. Since i stopped doing that it certainly not as dry .

rena
May 22nd, 2011, 01:06 PM
Good for you! Isn't it such an awesome feeling to discover a great routine?

caiti42
May 22nd, 2011, 03:04 PM
Happy to hear you found something that works so well ^^ too bad you're so far away or I'd give you the remnants of my Bodyshop rainforest moisture conditioner because I didn't like it at all and don't know what to do with it xD

I'm in the same boat with the rainforest moisture. Lucky I only bought a half size sample bottle!

annieangel149
May 22nd, 2011, 03:39 PM
the body shop rainforest didn't work for my damaged hair but now that the damage has gone my hair loves it!

GourmetChica
May 22nd, 2011, 03:41 PM
My fine blonde hair loves argan oil on the ends too! Much more so than any other type of oil. Congrats!

lacefrost
May 22nd, 2011, 05:41 PM
Where do you buy your argan oil from?

Lilli
May 23rd, 2011, 07:24 AM
Where do you buy your argan oil from?

I bought the Josie Maran version from Sephora but there are cheaper sources. I think there's a thread about it in another forum.

Lilli
May 23rd, 2011, 07:24 AM
Ooo, I might have to try the filtered water idea. I live in an area that has rather hard water. Do you wet your hair with filtered water, first? Or is it just a rinse?

I washed it and rinsed it (S&C) with regular tap water, but only the final rinse was filtered.

Lilli
May 23rd, 2011, 07:25 AM

Do you mean just re-wetting it, or all times it is wet? My hair is so fine and so blonde that not washing it = dull mess.

lacefrost
May 23rd, 2011, 07:40 PM
Awesome! I'm so glad your hair is responding nicely. I'm gonna give that argan oil a try :)

Deborah
May 23rd, 2011, 07:50 PM
Good for you! :) It's so nice to find things that work well for your own hair.