PDA

View Full Version : 1c/2a or just 2a? Help me decide.

PiroskaCicu
May 21st, 2011, 11:09 PM
My latest picture (my signature picture) is my hair that's been air dried and untouched except for a wide tooth comb to detangle while dry.
I think this photo shows my wave pattern in the most realistic way.

I also think I'm one of those people whose wave pattern shows more distinctly as my hair grows longer.

So do you think I'm 2a or a mix of 1c/2a?
Thanks in advance!

pixiestar
May 22nd, 2011, 12:29 AM
Your hair is so pretty:D
I've just been looking into my classification, so maybe you are a 2a like me?

growingpains
May 22nd, 2011, 12:30 AM
Based on looking at all your other pics, I'd say it's definitely 1c/2a not 2a. From the sig pic it looks like it could possibly be a 2a, but then again, you really need to not brush or comb or even finger comb it to properly hair type. Maybe take a pic before you com to detangle and show from more angles?

ETA the current sig pic almost looks like a mix of 1b and 2b... very straight and very wurly.

Mesmerise
May 22nd, 2011, 05:55 AM
Hmm the side definitely looks 2a, but the back bit looks straighter than that. My hair is a mix of straighter/wurlier too...but I just go with 2a as a sort of "average" lol.

Flossy
May 22nd, 2011, 06:48 AM
I'd say 1c/2a based on that pic, but detangling might have loosened the wave.

Lilli
May 22nd, 2011, 07:18 AM
Mine looks like yours from behind and underneath, but would not form those spirals like you have by your ear. I call mine 1c. It is tough, though, b/c in my wurly spots, my hair is 2b, and in the straight spots, it is 1b. I wish there was an easy way to decide when one's hair has such different areas.

PiroskaCicu
May 22nd, 2011, 10:01 AM
Thanks everyone, I guess I'll just stick to 1c/2a for now!

MissManda
May 22nd, 2011, 02:05 PM
I love your new signature photo! :flower:
I'd say since you combed your hair before you took that picture that your hair is 2a.

PiroskaCicu
May 22nd, 2011, 09:51 PM
I love your new signature photo! :flower:
I'd say since you combed your hair before you took that picture that your hair is 2a.

Thank you, MissManda, for the compliment! :) You're so kind.

I've always thought of my hair as 2a, except it becomes 1c-ish once I comb it. Now looking at your 1c hair, mine looks wavier than yours. I think I will go with 2a. :)

MissManda
May 22nd, 2011, 10:47 PM
Thank you, MissManda, for the compliment! :) You're so kind.

I've always thought of my hair as 2a, except it becomes 1c-ish once I comb it. Now looking at your 1c hair, mine looks wavier than yours. I think I will go with 2a. :)

You're welcome. :D

I experience something similar. My hair dries with rather subtle loose S-shapes in it that are too wavy to be a 1b, but once a brush or comb touches my hair they disappear and my hair looks 1b or 1b/1c instead of 1c. I have yet to get a decent photograph of them, however because I get so impatient for my hair to dry. lol

PiroskaCicu
May 23rd, 2011, 08:29 AM
You're welcome. :D

I experience something similar. My hair dries with rather subtle loose S-shapes in it that are too wavy to be a 1b, but once a brush or comb touches my hair they disappear and my hair looks 1b or 1b/1c instead of 1c. I have yet to get a decent photograph of them, however because I get so impatient for my hair to dry. lol
i do the exact same thing, haha. I get really impatient to wait for the waves to dry.