PDA

View Full Version : How did you get brave enough to henna the first time?

shikara
May 21st, 2011, 08:57 PM
Sheesh, I'm quite wanting to do this but I have seen so many different color results - some that I like, and others that would never ever work for me, so there is quite a bit of fear about taking the plunge......

allnaturalboy
May 21st, 2011, 09:00 PM
No worries, just strand test. :D

akuamoonmaui
May 21st, 2011, 09:02 PM
Definitely the strand test! I also started with a henna gloss and only left it in for about an hour.

Freki
May 21st, 2011, 09:02 PM
I've never really been afraid to color. I tend to plunge in head first when it comes to trying things with my hair.

But as the first commenter said... just do a strand test if you're worried about how the color will turn out.

MeganE
May 21st, 2011, 09:09 PM
I did it with a friend, and we were both scared, but we both did it. That helped.

fairystar32
May 21st, 2011, 09:30 PM
I did hendigo first so wasnt really that worried as my hair is dark anyway. I now henna only. I have never really strand tested, couldnt be bothered... ( I tried once before trying just henna and couldnt tell much diffeence between colours so slapped it on anyway)
I was not worried about the outcome really though, as can easily fix it :)

If I had light hair I would be far more worried but having dark never bothered me.
Strand test if you are really worried about the colour.

lacefrost
May 21st, 2011, 09:34 PM
My hair is so dark I knew it wouldn't show up regardless except in the light. I took the plunge. I do second everybody here though, strand test! Or maybe just leave the henna on for like 30 minutes so it's very little color change and if you like it as is, you leave it; if you want to take the color further you henna again for maybe an hour the next time.

christine1989
May 21st, 2011, 09:39 PM
I was just so fed up with my faded ends that I took the plunge out of sheer frusteration. It was less scary knowing that it is healthy for your hair but I used only a comb so I had no hair for a strand test. Despite that I did it without the test and it turned out great. I am still kicking myself for not doing it sooner.

squiggyflop
May 21st, 2011, 09:42 PM
um my hair was short at the time, it was so bleach damaged that it not only broke off when you looked at it funny, it also caught fire very easily too..
so i didnt have anything to lose..

and since this:
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/IM000030crop-1.jpg
is my natural hair color, i was confidant that i could pull off red.. though i must admit i was hoping for a color that was closer to my natural color as seen above.. i was born with reddish hair so i knew i could go red, plus i have freckles and ultra pale skin.. it makes it look natural to have red hair