PDA

View Full Version : 3 Cheers for "Color Oops"!

HairFaerie
May 21st, 2011, 02:17 PM
Wow! I was skeptical, but this stuff works!

What happened was this:

I got a pixie cut and bleached my hair, then toned it. I had a beautiful blonde color that I absolutely adored. As my hair grew, each time I did my roots, even tough I used the same colors, it was always different than the rest of my hair. As time went on, it looked stripey.

Last week I decided to dye it a dark brown, then let my natural color grow out (my natural color is medium/light brown). Well, the color I picked out was a beautiful chocolate brown color. It didn't turn out that way though. It was a washed out, icky brown color in the front. It was tolerable though.

<------ My avatar shows the brown on the first day I did it, but the front was more washed out.

Well, as the week went on....I wash daily and the color faded to a horrible, ugly, weird, uneven color. Today I was so fed up with it, I went to the store to get another color. I happened to see the Color Oops. I forgot about that! I though maybe this would be a good idea since the darker colors weren't taking for some reason, maybe I should just get rid of the color and go back to blonde.

I read the box. It said it would remove color from hair that was applied over the blonde and restore it to the original blonde color. I was skeptical, as it is my nature! I thought, well....what's the worst that could happen? I hate this horrible faded color right now, so why not give Color Oops a shot?

I followed the directions on the box. (The hard part was rinsing for 15-20 minutes after letting it process. My back is killing me!) The directions said an addition application might be necessary, I was thinking with my luck, I will probably have to run to the store with bright orange hair and get another box of this stuff!

However...It worked like magic!!! My hair is *almost* the same blonde as it was before I dyed it brown! Of course it isn't exact, but pretty darned close! I was sooooooooo happy!

So, if you are ever in this predicament, I would HIGHLY recommend Color Oops. It made me happy about my hair again!

:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Oksana
May 21st, 2011, 02:27 PM
I used the UK version last year and it brought my hair from dark brown to dark blonde, fantastic stuff :)

Springlets
May 21st, 2011, 04:20 PM
That stuff saved one of my hair disasters before as well. Worked great, and I was so glad I didn't use one of the other hair color removals that use bleach. This stuff was really gentle on my hair.

I agree though the hardest part is taking the super long shower afterwards! (still worth it though ;))

HairFaerie
May 21st, 2011, 04:30 PM
In retrospect, I wish I would have washed it out in the shower. I was bent over the kitchen sink! AGH! Then again, holding your head back for 15-20 minutes would probably be just as bad!

You're right though Springlets, it was WAY WORTH IT!

owlathena
May 22nd, 2011, 03:22 PM
I've been thinking about trying it, but my hair is already quite damaged and I'm worried about hurting it more. I've dyed it semi permanent dark brown/black several times and added lots of blonde streaks. I haven't dyed it in 6 months (I hennaed once though) and now there is a line where my hair changes from my lighter natural color to the darker color. I keep hearing great things about it. Has anyone experienced damage from it?

ETA: I just read that "*it only removes the most recent color, not color previously set." So since I've dyed a bunch of times, it would only take out the dye from the very last time? I guess its not worth it then.

HairFaerie
May 22nd, 2011, 04:53 PM
I had two semi-permanent colors and two permanent colors over the blonde (they were all done within two weeks time) and it took out all of them. My hair is a darker blonde than it was originally but still WAY better than the uneven, ugly faded brown.

I personally didn't incur any damage from the Color Oops. This weekend I have been doing some experimenting with homemade deep conditioners and my hair is actually feeling/looking pretty good.

I always figure "It's worth a shot" to try it or not, but that's just my philosophy! :)

theodora
May 23rd, 2011, 02:08 PM
I used the uk version (colour b4) last year to remove very dark brown from my hair. My hair was a lovely shade of yellowy white horrendousness underneath so I had to dye my hair a vaguely natural shade of ash blond hair on top.
Definitely worth it, better than trying to bleach out colour (which is what some hairdressers tend to do...)
I have to say that the product stinks and the application was hell, but the result is definitely worth it.

Firefox7275
May 23rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
I've been thinking about trying it, but my hair is already quite damaged and I'm worried about hurting it more. I've dyed it semi permanent dark brown/black several times and added lots of blonde streaks. I haven't dyed it in 6 months (I hennaed once though) and now there is a line where my hair changes from my lighter natural color to the darker color. I keep hearing great things about it. Has anyone experienced damage from it?

ETA: I just read that "*it only removes the most recent color, not color previously set." So since I've dyed a bunch of times, it would only take out the dye from the very last time? I guess its not worth it then.

I bought some Colour B4 and just psyching myself up to use it as the bottom half of my hair has colour build up; have been saving plughole hair so I can run strand tests! AFAIK colour removers will not take out henna, and bleach is not a colour so you cannot revert from that to your natural. The semi permanent dark browns and blacks should wash out eventually. Not looking forward to the long rinse time as I don't think I will have enough hot water in the immersion! :p Will be kneeling over the bath with my chest resting on the edge to save my back.

owlathena
May 23rd, 2011, 06:19 PM
I bought some Colour B4 and just psyching myself up to use it as the bottom half of my hair has colour build up; have been saving plughole hair so I can run strand tests! AFAIK colour removers will not take out henna, and bleach is not a colour so you cannot revert from that to your natural. The semi permanent dark browns and blacks should wash out eventually. Not looking forward to the long rinse time as I don't think I will have enough hot water in the immersion! :p Will be kneeling over the bath with my chest resting on the edge to save my back.

Let us know how it turns out!

Yeah, I just want the brown/black dye out, I love my henna and blonde streaks. But its been several months and theres still some left behind. I wonder if it will ever come out on its own?

Scarlet_Heart
May 23rd, 2011, 06:47 PM
Smells terrible, but amazing results! Perfect name for that product. Fixed a color "oops" I made one time that was otherwise quite disasterous.

Lux88
May 23rd, 2011, 06:57 PM
I've always wondered if it really worked! I'm trying to stay away from coloring in the future, so hopefully I won't need it, but I could've used it in the past! I've had my share of hair color horrors that's for sure.

Qadupae
May 23rd, 2011, 09:30 PM
Oh man, three cheers from me for sure. I used to dye my hair dark brown and black all the time and when I wanted to try lighter colors or henna, I thought I was out of luck. I used Color Oops and it stripped out everything! Loved it ^_^ I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking to lighten their hair and get it evened out.

sunnydays
May 25th, 2011, 02:35 AM
I wish i had heard about this before i bleachd my hair!!!

Crysania
May 25th, 2011, 08:34 AM
if you have roots with natural color and you just want to color oops the length, is it gonna affect the natural colour if the product gets on it ?

HairFaerie
May 25th, 2011, 09:25 AM
if you have roots with natural color and you just want to color oops the length, is it gonna affect the natural colour if the product gets on it ?

No. It only takes out semi-permanent & permanent dye by shrinking the color molecules of the dye which then get rinsed out. Kind of like "reverse" coloring.

So, it will not affect hair that has not been dyed.

Crysania
May 26th, 2011, 08:28 AM
thats good to know, thanks for the info :)