PDA

View Full Version : "Hot" Celebrity Haircuts

alyanna
May 21st, 2011, 12:07 PM
http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/photos/hot-celebrity-haircuts-slideshow/

Just saw this now ... and I thought long hair was making a come-back. Guess not. We're still on the bobs and the pixies.

#4s been my hair for the past couple of years. I like that cut but I'm just tired of it. And although I generally really like pixies, the three shown here I think are awful. #3s ears are too big for a pixie and the Harry Potter girl just looks too severe.

Overall, don't like any of the looks in the gallery. Even Jen Aniston's hair's seen much, much better days.

allmixedup88
May 21st, 2011, 12:11 PM
I agree the looks were such a bore fest...
what happened to long hair?

Amraann
May 21st, 2011, 12:13 PM
I think Ginnifer Goodwin pulled it off OK but I did not like the others at all.

Most of them looked like they just got out of bed rather then that some professional did their hair.

happybear
May 21st, 2011, 12:22 PM
Ya Jennifer Aniston's hair looked dried out and ratty! And the Hermione girl looked strange...don't know if it's her hair or the drawn-on eyebrows but she looks weird

The first slide has been my hair for the past 10 years....it gets boring

Tiina
May 21st, 2011, 12:50 PM
Am I the only one who thinks 5 and 6 looked the same?

Arya
May 21st, 2011, 12:54 PM
Yawn. It's the "oh shoot, I accidentally bleached all my hair to death and now I chopped it off" look. Also, this Ginnifer Goodwin person looks like a cabbage patch kid. I don't see the allure at all, she wouldn't look out of place on the 97 bus, imo.

DuckyDot
May 21st, 2011, 12:58 PM
Tiina - I thought 5 and 6 looked the same too.

I like Dianna Agron's hair, but I do love bob cuts. Her longer hair was lovely too though.

But overall it was a real boring selection of hair cuts.

oktobergoud
May 21st, 2011, 01:00 PM
Well honestly, I find it rather refreshing to see these cute cuts instead of the glamorous hair full of extensions that are often linked to celebrities!
Okay, the cuts aren't that special, I agree, but I think they are cute :)

alyanna
May 21st, 2011, 01:10 PM
Well honestly, I find it rather refreshing to see these cute cuts instead of the glamorous hair full of extensions that are often linked to celebrities!

Well, when you look at it that way, you're kind of right. I'd prefer some of these cuts to extensions any day. And I've always liked bobs. The first and fourth pics are probably my favorites.

Pixies are super-cute but I just find they're hard to pull off. Winona Ryder is one of the few that looks "perfect" in a pixie. I find you need a small head and small features, particularly, a small nose and small ears. If you've got big eyes, that's a huge plus. Think Twiggy. But if you've got a strong jawline, dumbo ears (your truly) or a big or even "strong" nose, these features will just take over.

Unofficial_Rose
May 21st, 2011, 01:12 PM

You have a point, IMO. At least we can be sure it is their own hair. :)

mrs_coffee
May 21st, 2011, 01:14 PM
I like them, but then I like short hair just as much as I like long hair.

Scarlet_Heart
May 21st, 2011, 01:20 PM
I don't know, working in high schools, I see a lot of loooong hair. I noticed that there is a lot of BSL and WL hair and even some hip and TBL. At least this is true of those students not opting for "scene hair." :p

FluffSpider
May 21st, 2011, 01:28 PM
erm, Aniston's cut is just SLIGHTLY messy? It looks like a person with bleached-to death hair, that's being in rehab, looks like when rolled out of bed after drinking their eyeballs out the previous night. It's not cute, it's not stylish, it's not hot, it's just...well, I'm sorry. UGLY.

NotInPortland
May 21st, 2011, 01:37 PM
I really don't like Jennifer Annistons hair it looks really damaged or something, definitely not a nice look for her in my opinion. However I love no. 4 (no clue who it is though!), I think that length is really nice and if I were to ever cut my hair short I'd probably go for something just like that but maybe a little longer. I don't like the rest, too short for my tastes but more power to anyone who rocks the short cuts! I must say I really preferred Emma Watson with long hair though I don't think the pixie does anything for her.

growingpains
May 21st, 2011, 01:42 PM
Oh god I had a dream last night that I cut my hair to pixie like these ones. It looked good and I loved it for a day but then cried my face off. Long hair is just sooo much nicer in my opinion, though I agree, I like to see a nice healthy short do rather than extensions any day. Some of these cuts are cute, but I'm really not partial to the pixie. Plus, growing that out is a nightmare, as I have experienced.

nazzooyzo
May 21st, 2011, 01:46 PM
i like them all

racrane
May 21st, 2011, 02:47 PM
I don't like the haircuts. It's not feminine to me, anyways and some of them aren't attractive - Jennifer's hair looks so dry! So much damage!

christine1989
May 21st, 2011, 03:01 PM
I thought 5/6 of the styles were lovely but Jennifer Anniston's hair was HORRIBLE! The combination of frizz, ragged ends and the visible roots culminated to create a truly awful hairstyle. My hair looks better than that when I roll out of bed in the morning! :laugh:

Kathie
May 21st, 2011, 03:08 PM
I don’t mind any of them. Even Jennifer Anniston's- its obviously styled to look like that. Sure it doesn’t fit the LHC convention of beautiful hair; long, thick, sleek and shiny, but I think it still looks good.

spidermom
May 21st, 2011, 03:13 PM
Cuts and styles come and go; long hair is classically beautiful forever.

Boudicca
May 21st, 2011, 03:28 PM
I like bobs and pixies as well as long hair. Variety's the spice of life.

Barbie Diamond
May 21st, 2011, 04:16 PM
Not of them looked good.

battles
May 21st, 2011, 05:17 PM
I thought the third one was cute, the dark pixie.

xxaimsxx
May 21st, 2011, 05:29 PM
The only nice one from that website is the one Brooklyn decker has, Im not too keen on pixie cuts mainly because i CANT carry them off lol

Lilli
May 21st, 2011, 05:29 PM
So I kept hearing about how Jennifer Aniston got her hair short. Now I see the picture, and my hair is only a few inches longer than hers. Sadness. I had a short bob for years, so mine feels long to me, but it must not be. :(

UltraBella
May 21st, 2011, 05:56 PM
I like all types of hair and haircuts, these included. I am not here to question anyone's hair choices. If they like their hair ~ then I like it too.

Kaya
May 21st, 2011, 06:14 PM
Maybe it's beacuse I'm a huge Harry Potter nerd, or just because I admire her, but I love like how Emma Watson looks now. I think she pulls off the pixie cut really well. And plus I have to give her major kudos for cutting off the trademark 'Hermione' locks and moving on to a new stage in her life.:cheese:

jojo
May 21st, 2011, 08:12 PM
Cuts and styles come and go; long hair is classically beautiful forever.

here here :beerchug::applause

xoerincolleen
May 21st, 2011, 08:50 PM
I think they are all cute...Jennifer Aniston's is not her best look, though. I would be too afraid to ever go for a pixie cut or a bob, but these girls all pull it off well.

Cimorene
May 21st, 2011, 09:32 PM
To Jennifer Aniston: Oh child. Don't ever let somebody holding a weed whacker that close to your hair again! You could get hurt! :hatchet:

I thought the pixie on Emma Watson was really cute, though. There's a special place in my heart for pixie girls. :crush: Not everyone can pull it off, though. Ginnifer Goodwin, for example.

It's okay, Ginnifer. I look silly in a pixie cut, too. :grouphug:

Julia_79
May 21st, 2011, 10:21 PM

I totally agree! I prefer short hair to the "glamourous" extensions. I am not a fan of the "glamour" look because it requires a lot of heat styling, and it usually involves highlights, colour, etc.

I like natural, healthy hair above all.

Toadstool
May 22nd, 2011, 02:05 AM
I am not here to question anyone's hair choices. If they like their hair ~ then I like it too.

I agree.
I particularly like Ginnifer Goodwin's hair.
Celebrity bashing is just mean and pointless. People here complain about others criticising long hair, then do the same to other people's. It's just arrogant. Some of the comments here are unkind

ETA Sorry double post

Toadstool
May 22nd, 2011, 02:08 AM
I am not here to question anyone's hair choices. If they like their hair ~ then I like it too.

I agree.
Celebrity bashing is just mean and pointless. People here complain about others criticising long hair, then do the same to other people's. It's just arrogant. Some of the comments here are unkind, particularly the following:

Yawn. It's the "oh shoot, I accidentally bleached all my hair to death and now I chopped it off" look. Also, this Ginnifer Goodwin person looks like a cabbage patch kid. I don't see the allure at all, she wouldn't look out of place on the 97 bus, imo.

nazzooyzo
May 22nd, 2011, 03:40 AM
Some of the comments here are unkind

yeah i agree, i was shocked by some of the cruel comments. there are quite a few members on here that have pixies and its rude to say that the hairstyle is less feminine or did it due to damage. i loved it when i had a pixie and i do think some women look better with short hair.

jojo
May 22nd, 2011, 09:05 AM
sorry to hijack but is anybody else mixing ultrabella up with xoerincolleen you look like twins!

Arya
May 22nd, 2011, 10:06 AM
I agree.
Celebrity bashing is just mean and pointless. People here complain about others criticising long hair, then do the same to other people's. It's just arrogant. Some of the comments here are unkind, particularly the following:

It's a good thing my comments don't matter to her, then. I have a problem with people 'being cruel' to people who actually know you/will read what you have to say (IE rainbow girl on the other thread). Some random celebrity? Sorry! Don't care. I think she looks like a cabbage patch kid, you're free to think differently. :D

elbow chic
May 22nd, 2011, 10:26 AM
Ginnifer Godwin would be adorable no matter what she did with her hair, though.

I didn't find any of them very exciting, myself... but then I've always found the local Mennonite and Pentecostal women a lot more interesting, fashion-wise, than celebs, who all look the same to me. All of them look half-starved, bleached, plucked, and stilettoed. Yawn.

dolphin
August 18th, 2011, 10:36 AM
I actually like emma watson's pixie cut. I think it really shows off her delicate features (a lot of people can't do a pixie cut and still look feminine I think). Plus I watched an interview where she talked about why she got one and I think she did it for all the right reasons.

beccababesx
August 19th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Long hair is always in fashion.

heartgoesboom
August 19th, 2011, 12:57 PM
a lot more people look prettier in long hair and only a fraction can pull off short hair, so i can't hate on short hair just coz i'll look ugly with short hair. :P