PDA

View Full Version : Hairtype me!

elbow chic
May 21st, 2011, 10:15 AM
I have never managed to do a real hairtyping photo, but this one is the closest I'm likely to come. It's washed and conditioned, with no 'cones and no brushing or combing. It's not completely dry, however. I can't seem to completely airdry without eventually combing/bunning, because it takes HOURS to dry.

It also has a smidge of coconut oil in it.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb393/elbowchic/Hair/Photoon2011-05-20at17183.jpg

I don't know if you can tell here, but my canopy is a good bit straighter than my underlayer.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb393/elbowchic/Hair/Photoon2011-05-20at1717.jpg

This one is from about a year and a half ago. It's brushed and siliconed, but gives an idea of how curly my hair can get when shorter: http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb393/elbowchic/Hair/IMG_1858-1.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Sundial
May 21st, 2011, 10:18 AM
Not any help with the hair typing, but you mentioned that your hair was siliconed in the third picture so does that mean it doesn't have any silicones in the first two? I just want to tell you that I love the curls in the first two

elbow chic
May 21st, 2011, 10:25 AM
Not any help with the hair typing, but you mentioned that your hair was siliconed in the third picture so does that mean it doesn't have any silicones in the first two? I just want to tell you that I love the curls in the first two

That's correct. And thanks!

Firefly
May 21st, 2011, 10:28 AM
How pretty! I'm no expert at typing, but I would say you are in the 2 range-- maybe a 2a-b?

DreamDance
May 21st, 2011, 10:42 AM
It looks like 2a to me on the canopy and maybe 2b underneath? I'm not an expert on hair typing though.

luthein
May 21st, 2011, 10:52 AM
I'm leaning closer to 2b. You have really nice wave definition, especially underneath your canopy. Do you have any loose spirals floating around? That is a good signifier for 2c.

elbow chic
May 21st, 2011, 10:56 AM
I don't have any spirals anymore. I did have a few at shoulder if I didn't brush them to death, but I think the current length is weighting them out. :)

ingvild
May 21st, 2011, 11:05 AM
I think 2b too. Your hair is lovely. :o

alyanna
May 21st, 2011, 12:14 PM
Hi Elbow! Nice to see your pretty face and your GORGEOUS hair! Hello?! These pics are so much nicer than your avatar!

I'd say 2b/2c, which incidentally is ME :D

MissManda
May 21st, 2011, 01:45 PM
My first instinct was 2b, so that's what I'm going with! :D

Wanderer09
May 21st, 2011, 01:50 PM
Another vote for 2b :)

growingpains
May 21st, 2011, 01:52 PM
Ya I think 2b/c as well. Definitely not 2a, the waves aren't loose enough for that.

pepperminttea
May 21st, 2011, 01:58 PM
I'd go with 2B/C. You've definitely got more wave there than me. ;) Lovely hair!

Sunshineliz
May 21st, 2011, 02:05 PM
Another vote for 2b. I like it wavy! Looks great on you.

(BTW I want some of the thickness. Give me some and we can have a nice, thicker ii, both of us.:D)

elbow chic
May 21st, 2011, 02:29 PM
Another vote for 2b. I like it wavy! Looks great on you.

(BTW I want some of the thickness. Give me some and we can have a nice, thicker ii, both of us.:D)

sounds good, actually. Then maybe it wouldn't take alllll day long to airdry anymore. :p

2b, then it is! That was kind of what I'd been thinking lately. I don't think it quite makes the 2c grade, myself. But I'm pleased!

Can y'all believe I started off calling it 1b/c? doh.

xoxophelia
May 21st, 2011, 02:29 PM
To me it looks like you have a range of 2a-2c. I would just put down 2b in that case unless your hair starts to behave in a more uniform 2b way on the top as well and then I would put 2b/2c.

jojo
May 21st, 2011, 02:36 PM
I am going to say 2c; i think your hair is on the verge of curls. I always feel looking at your hair that its hiding curls, co washing would be good for your hair type. I also think your hair hair is very pretty.

lapushka
May 21st, 2011, 02:42 PM
2b, possibly 2c with spirals. I'm a 2a and you're definitely more wavy than me. :)

Narya
May 21st, 2011, 02:45 PM
I'd say 2b/c, because it certainly looks like it wants to spiral even if in the end it doesn't, as you say. But be it b or b/c or c it looks amazing!

elbow chic
May 21st, 2011, 02:45 PM
I am going to say 2c; i think your hair is on the verge of curls. I always feel looking at your hair that its hiding curls, co washing would be good for your hair type...

Thank you, jojo! I may have to mess around with CO some more-- you might be right about there being hidden curls in there waiting to be let free. :)

And thanks everyone!! :blossom: Alyanna, I completely agree: the newer pics are better than the brushed-out fuzzball on my avatar. Yay for progress!

growingpains
May 21st, 2011, 02:54 PM
the newer pics are better than the brushed-out fuzzball on my avatar. Yay for progress!

I love the wurls/curls, HOWEVER, I think your avatar photo is brilliant. I love how unique your hair looks brushed out.

Anje
May 21st, 2011, 04:11 PM
2b, maybe 2b/2c. I see some ends that look like they want to curl, which would push you into 2c territory.

jojo
May 22nd, 2011, 07:33 AM
Thank you, jojo! I may have to mess around with CO some more-- you might be right about there being hidden curls in there waiting to be let free. :)

And thanks everyone!! :blossom: Alyanna, I completely agree: the newer pics are better than the brushed-out fuzzball on my avatar. Yay for progress!

your very welcome, I would be surprised if you didn't have spirals. Your hair reminds me of when somebody with curly hair who brushes it; if that make sense. Yeah CO washing is an excellent choice for your hair type, though it may overtime give you a reddish tone as your very blonde, but try a white vinegar rinse at the end of your wash and this will prevent this plus help with curl formation. Just a tablespoon to a pint of warm water, leave on for a few minutes and rinse. Just comb your hair once when washed and then leave it until dry voila your curls will awaken!:cool:

Lilli
May 22nd, 2011, 07:51 AM
2c. And beautiful!!!