View Full Version : For those that have had big colour changes

sunnydays
May 21st, 2011, 07:06 AM
For those who have gone say blonde to brown, or brown to blonde, how long did it take you to get used to it? I dyed mine back to as close to my natural colour as possible about 2 weeks ago now and i still keep catching glimpses in the mirror and being like oh ye thats me and cant make up my mind whether i like it or not, sometimes i do and sometimes i am not sure. Even though its basically my natural colour i still keep thinking is that me?

So how long has it take other people to get used to a big change, i suppose even those that have had drastic length changes as well how long till you got used to it.

Scarlet_Heart
May 21st, 2011, 07:13 AM
I've done this many times both ways. From light to dark, dark to light, brown to fire engine red. I'm one of those people who likes extremes with my hair. So the more outrageous the difference, the happier I was. I'm still like that too. I'm having to practice extreme caution with the henna so I don't overdo it and turn burgundy.

You'll get used to it and if you don't, just dye it back. I'm sure it looks lovely though, so give it a chance :flower:

sunnydays
May 21st, 2011, 07:19 AM
I've done this many times both ways. From light to dark, dark to light, brown to fire engine red. I'm one of those people who likes extremes with my hair. So the more outrageous the difference, the happier I was. I'm still like that too. I'm having to practice extreme caution with the henna so I don't overdo it and turn burgundy.

You'll get used to it and if you don't, just dye it back. I'm sure it looks lovely though, so give it a chance :flower:

I can not dye it back, as I tried and it went a wierd yellow colour as it was trying to obviously lift the dark out, I know maybe eventually it would have returned to blonde, but I did not want to wait a whole year for that and I couldnt deal with being yellow, so now I am a chocolate brown. I think I would have needed some sea and sunny weather as well to get on to it for the blonde to have looked a natural blonde as apposed to yellow, at least on plus side I wont have a democration line as bad, i have a slight one but i am not to bothered as I want to know when the dye is all out.

sunnydays
May 21st, 2011, 07:44 AM
sometimes i feel like crying when i see it

pixiestar
May 21st, 2011, 08:19 AM
I was blonde for years (25yrs), but became allergic to ppd and bleach and grew it out. Before joining here it was nearly my natural colour, ash brown with some grey (who new) I think I got used to it over time growing it out. But now I'm redder using henna glosses, which I love:D And am going to get redder:D

UltraBella
May 21st, 2011, 08:24 AM
I once accidentally dyed my natural dark ash blonde hair red. And then I cried and was really unhappy until everyone started telling me how amazing I looked with red hair. I spent the next seven years red and loved it. Just give it some time. Plus, color fades and it will not be as dark in a month as it is now. Another month, even lighter..... Don't worry, it will be okay !

Chamy
May 21st, 2011, 10:17 AM
I have done it in the past, it takes some getting used to. But in a couple of weeks it felt like i had it forever.

sunnydays
May 21st, 2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks, hopefully will get used to it. I was growing it out for about a year i should have carried on just growing it out. yes it has faded abit

sunnydays
May 21st, 2011, 11:00 AM
Ultrabella do you dye yours now?

Oksana
May 21st, 2011, 12:26 PM
Each time I have gone dark brown it has taken me a few weeks to not double take when I look in the mirror, each time i have gone back to blonde it's felt like coming home and completely me :)

sunnydays
May 21st, 2011, 12:36 PM
Each time I have gone dark brown it has taken me a few weeks to not double take when I look in the mirror, each time i have gone back to blonde it's felt like coming home and completely me :)

That is how i felt, maybe because I have only been brown for about 2years maximum in the whole of my life even though im pretty sure brown is my natural colour now. my roots are certianly very dark

alyanna
May 21st, 2011, 12:37 PM
My natural hair color is an ashy brown with a dark blonde reflection. I've highlighted or sun-inned a few times in a my life and I *always* get tired of it and dye it back brown. Between the ages of 13-17 I always hennad and that's the only time I never felt the need to get rid of the color. The red fades out significantly for me and ends up only being noticeable in the sun. BUT henna does leave my hair darker-looking overall because the blonde reflection is replaced by a red one.

So it looks like overall, I prefer brown hair on me to blonde. Weird come to think of it.

UltraBella
May 21st, 2011, 03:37 PM
Ultrabella do you dye yours now?

I add in highlights and lowlights to my hair often but I no longer color my whole head.